Singapore Expats

PR Application Rejected 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
S_KH2091

PR Application Rejected 2020

Post by S_KH2091 » Thu, 25 Jun 2020 2:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I Applied my SPR(Singapore Permanent Application) in Dec '19. I just received the outcome last week (18th June 2020). My application was rejected but there was no direct stated reason for the rejection.

In the official letter reply :
" Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (PR). All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.
We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
Nevertheless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid Work Pass.
"

Profile:
Im an Indian staying in Singapore for 7+ years now.

I did my Masters in Business Administration (Majors Managerial Accounting) here in 2013-2014. And eventually started working after my course.

Graduated in 2014 Feb.
Work Experience: 6 years in Singapore
Profile: Trading Manager - Trader and handling trade/physical gold operations in a Gold company. It is an old local company (30 Years) where i have worked since Apr 2014 - until now.
I have EP pass since Apr 2014 and currently my basic pay is SGD 5300.

I have Socially contributed to the Singapore society by volunteering in an organisation providing food to Old age homes & nursing home. Basically volunteered in a soup kitchen.

I have also done a short term course from SMU academy in 2018 for my growth in the field where i am working.

Im disappointed to know the outcome of my PR application. Do you think i should reapply again after 6 months or wait for an year?

Im really clueless at the moment, what can i do to increase the probability/chances to get my application approved.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: PR Application Rejected 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 9:36 am

Despite points to your favour - studied locally, work here since, volunteering - I'm guessing your pay is considered too low.

Also you haven't mentioned if you are married/single, own a property etc etc These all probably play a part as well.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:42 am

The only positive point I see, based on what you have written is that you did your MBA here. Other than that, Race, Salary both against you. Marital status, owning property, volunteering all count for naught. You would need to wait for at least two years and even then, it may well depend on the results on the upcoming election and the mood of the electorate.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 8:35 pm

S_KH2091 wrote:
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 2:28 pm
Hi Guys,

I Applied my SPR(Singapore Permanent Application) in Dec '19. I just received the outcome last week (18th June 2020). My application was rejected but there was no direct stated reason for the rejection.

In the official letter reply :
" Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (PR). All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.
We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
Nevertheless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid Work Pass.
"

Profile:
Im an Indian staying in Singapore for 7+ years now.

I did my Masters in Business Administration (Majors Managerial Accounting) here in 2013-2014. And eventually started working after my course.

Graduated in 2014 Feb.
Work Experience: 6 years in Singapore
Profile: Trading Manager - Trader and handling trade/physical gold operations in a Gold company. It is an old local company (30 Years) where i have worked since Apr 2014 - until now.
I have EP pass since Apr 2014 and currently my basic pay is SGD 5300.

I have Socially contributed to the Singapore society by volunteering in an organisation providing food to Old age homes & nursing home. Basically volunteered in a soup kitchen.

I have also done a short term course from SMU academy in 2018 for my growth in the field where i am working.

Im disappointed to know the outcome of my PR application. Do you think i should reapply again after 6 months or wait for an year?

Im really clueless at the moment, what can i do to increase the probability/chances to get my application approved.
You have duplicated this info in other thread too.

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sat, 27 Jun 2020 5:26 pm

A local masters or graduate degree likely adds Zero to your application too. It seems all too common for people from the region to sign up for a full or part time graduate courses at local universities.Locals seem to be a minority in these classes.

Unless you've studied at least your undergraduate (Or better still, JC/Poly or sec school) full-time at local institutions here, it is highly unlikely to be seen as a contributing factor to your integration in society.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 27 Jun 2020 7:02 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 5:26 pm
A local masters or graduate degree likely adds Zero to your application too. It seems all too common for people from the region to sign up for a full or part time graduate courses at local universities.Locals seem to be a minority in these classes.

Unless you've studied at least your undergraduate (Or better still, JC/Poly or sec school) full-time at local institutions here, it is highly unlikely to be seen as a contributing factor to your integration in society.
Degree from local gov university surely has value in my view. Like a bonus point for sure, but wont have enough points to make an entire application positive.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 27 Jun 2020 10:51 pm

Yes, local degrees certainly helps in the consideration for your PR application.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sun, 28 Jun 2020 3:00 am

An undergraduate bachelors degree from a local autonomous university("gov university"..nus, ntu, smu etc ) might help.

But I cant quite say the same for Masters degrees from nus or ntu.
The level of social integration one gets as a foreign postgraduate student is negligible in comparison, and IMHO I doubt it adds any value to the application. This is especially so for part-time courses.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 28 Jun 2020 10:14 am

subconwretch wrote:
Sun, 28 Jun 2020 3:00 am
An undergraduate bachelors degree from a local autonomous university("gov university"..nus, ntu, smu etc ) might help.

But I cant quite say the same for Masters degrees from nus or ntu.
The level of social integration one gets as a foreign postgraduate student is negligible in comparison, and IMHO I doubt it adds any value to the application. This is especially so for part-time courses.
It surely does help irrespective of full time or part time. As I said this is for bonus points and not for changing the entire application outcome. Degree is for improving one and not for social integration.