Scanning safe entry non-stop

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by abbby » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 4:21 pm

Did some errands today and I must say I scanned at least 25 times (both in and out)...it's really annoying a you scan through the mall and also have to scan into every shop/place you step into. This is so troublesome....it's really a deterrent to ask people to shop less. :???:
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 6:00 pm

Esp with older phones.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 8:06 pm

Alternative is to have your IC scanned


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon, 22 May 2017 5:46 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by BigginHill » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:28 pm

I suspect the main reason we're using SafeEntry is because that's the only "tracking related" tool the government could roll out almost instantly & country wide. Basically all it takes to work is to print a pdf QR code & put it on the door. It looks designed for work site access control and tracking.

I remain a sceptic as to its efficacy in helping the contact tracers. I reckon SafeEntry is generally useless for infection tracking & we're mostly generating a lot of pointless (and personal) data for nothing. :D

Hopefully it'll be replaced by the TraceTogether platform at least, which doesn't need any interaction to work & qualifies close contacts directly, which seems to correlate with how the virus actually spreads.

User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by abbby » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:28 am

So far I see that see entry is only to tell those who went to the same vicinity as infected patients to also be careful and note for any symptoms?

Is TraceTogether a wrist band to wear for tracing purposes?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by therat » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:56 am

Singpass Mobile app has SafeEntry feature.
I notice it is quite useful especially during check out.

If I use scan QR code during check in. when I need to check out, neither I scan the code again nor need to refresh the brower and click check out.

But for SafeEntry in Singpass, I need to scan code during entre, when I exit, I just need to click exit.
It practice first in last out

Minimize the chances I forget to click exit

User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by abbby » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:13 am

therat wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:56 am
Singpass Mobile app has SafeEntry feature.
I notice it is quite useful especially during check out.

If I use scan QR code during check in. when I need to check out, neither I scan the code again nor need to refresh the brower and click check out.

But for SafeEntry in Singpass, I need to scan code during entre, when I exit, I just need to click exit.
It practice first in last out

Minimize the chances I forget to click exit
At the check out option, does it have the option which place you want to check out? Sometimes, we check into the mall and few other shops within the mall.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by therat » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:31 am

abbby wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:13 am
therat wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:56 am
Singpass Mobile app has SafeEntry feature.
I notice it is quite useful especially during check out.

If I use scan QR code during check in. when I need to check out, neither I scan the code again nor need to refresh the brower and click check out.

But for SafeEntry in Singpass, I need to scan code during entre, when I exit, I just need to click exit.
It practice first in last out

Minimize the chances I forget to click exit
At the check out option, does it have the option which place you want to check out? Sometimes, we check into the mall and few other shops within the mall.
It will show you the latest entry that you check in

This what I notice when I went to plaza singapura.

I check in Plaza Singapura
Then check in in Shop A
the app will shown Shop A to check out.
When I left Shop A , I check out shop A, the App will show PLaza Singapura as next check out.

Then I went to Ya Kun for a drink, check in
The app will show Ya Kun on check out.

Basically it will show "check out" option base on the last check in

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon, 22 May 2017 5:46 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by BigginHill » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 3:17 pm

abbby wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:28 am
So far I see that see entry is only to tell those who went to the same vicinity as infected patients to also be careful and note for any symptoms?
Yep - so if you were in a Jurong West supermarket 14 days ago between 07:50-08:20, and you've been having raging COVID-19 symptoms for at least a week, you should see a doctor immediately.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... urong-west
abbby wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 9:28 am
Is TraceTogether a wrist band to wear for tracing purposes?
It'll be a wearable token/dongle (in a keychain?), or use the existing app equivalent - you just carry it, no need to tap in/out of anything.
Last edited by BigginHill on Tue, 23 Jun 2020 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon, 22 May 2017 5:46 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Scanning safe entry non-stop

Post by BigginHill » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 3:24 pm

therat wrote:
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:31 am
It will show you the latest entry that you check in
Yeah, I don't think the app supports nested check-ins.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests