Singapore Expats

New App for drivers in Singapore

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
JimmyTeo

New App for drivers in Singapore

Post by JimmyTeo » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 1:09 pm

Just tried this app by local company Motorist, notifies me whenever there's a speed camera nearby. Thought I'll share it with y'all https://www.motorist.sg/article/627/the ... -singapore

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: New App for drivers in Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 2:22 pm

Using this app and being detected using this app can result in criminal charges ("perversion of the course of justice"). Posting locations of speed cameras etc can result in charges for conspiracy. Just don't f.....g speed or run red lights or drink drive.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 4:22 pm

And you joined this forum just to post a link to an app you probably developed or had a hand in developing it, or you are being paid to flog it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 8:37 am

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 2:22 pm
Using this app and being detected using this app can result in criminal charges ("perversion of the course of justice"). Posting locations of speed cameras etc can result in charges for conspiracy. Just don't f.....g speed or run red lights or drink drive.
https://www.motorist.sg/article/626/tra ... afer-roads

Thats where you are wrong.Similarly for Waze.Not illegal

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:10 am

emergency234 wrote:
Sat, 13 Jun 2020 8:37 am
PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 2:22 pm
https://www.motorist.sg/article/626/tra ... afer-roads

Thats where you are wrong.Similarly for Waze.Not illegal
Right here Retard. Can't wait for you to be the first charged. Providing evidence of hidden police camera or speed traps is CLASSIC perversion of the course of justice. Who was your legal counsel? That mad man Raja? While I see this is in partnership with the TP I suspect this will be a short lived partnership as there will at some point be a review. Anyways I wouldn't trust the TP as far as I can throw them and it would not surprise me a single iota if they didn't understand that they also are stupidly perverting the course of justice. Literally the second stupidest Singapore gahmen group after that Moron Josephine.

Obstructing, preventing, perverting or defeating course of justice
204A. Whoever does an act that has a tendency to obstruct, prevent, pervert or defeat the course of justice —
(a) knowing that the act is likely to obstruct, prevent, pervert or defeat the course of justice; or
(b) intending to obstruct, prevent, pervert or defeat the course of justice,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall on conviction be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 7 years, or with fine, or with both.

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:19 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:10 am
Right here Retard. Can't wait for you to be the first charged. Providing evidence of hidden police camera or speed traps is CLASSIC perversion of the course of justice. Who was your legal counsel? That mad man Raja?

204A. Whoever does an act that has a tendency to obstruct, prevent, pervert or defeat the course of justice —
(a) knowing that the act is likely to obstruct, prevent, pervert or defeat the course of justice; or
shall be guilty of an offence and shall on conviction be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 7 years, or with fine, or with both.
What lol.Its not a radar detector.The locations of, at least ,the fixed cams are published regularly on mainstream media.Its pre-programmed locations and not ' live ' .
Do you also think that Waze with pretty much the same functionality built in is illegal.
On Singapore roads , the warnings for fixed speed cams are advertised way before they come up - no subversion of justice.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:34 am

This is a sensible initiative to improve safety. Unlike other countries Sg doesn't use cameras for revenue collection. Cameras should be in accident black spots so advanced notice of the presence of a camera makes motorists more likely to drive within speed limits.

I got pinged at a camera once. Just received a letter saying drive more carefully and next time you will be fined. Good approach. Makes me more careful and I don't see the TP as money collecting nazis, unlike my experience in other countries.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 12:54 pm

emergency234 wrote:
Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:19 am
PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:10 am
Right here Retard. Can't wait for you to be the first charged. Providing evidence of hidden police camera or speed traps is CLASSIC perversion of the course of justice. Who was your legal counsel? That mad man Raja?

What lol.Its not a radar detector.The locations of, at least ,the fixed cams are published regularly on mainstream media.Its pre-programmed locations and not ' live ' .
Do you also think that Waze with pretty much the same functionality built in is illegal.
On Singapore roads , the warnings for fixed speed cams are advertised way before they come up - no subversion of justice.
The TP have stated they will start using mobile hidden cameras. Disclosing the location of those is absolutely perversion of the course of justice. I agree the known fixed cameras (red light and speed) locations are not the issue. My point is that readers of this forum use those products with a level of legal risk they should be aware of. I should add that publishing locations of TP checking drivers for intoxication is an issue that some police depts has raised with Waze.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transp ... heckpoints