Singapore Expats

Anyone applying SC still pending after 18months?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fixy

Anyone applying SC still pending after 18months?

Post by fixy » Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:26 pm

Hi all,
Anyone still pending application for SC after 18months of waiting since submission?
i tried to email ICA and they informed that is still processing. how long usually for us to know the outcome of the application?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Anyone applying SC still pending after 18months?

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 11 Jun 2020 8:24 pm

fixy wrote:Hi all,
Anyone still pending application for SC after 18months of waiting since submission?
i tried to email ICA and they informed that is still processing. how long usually for us to know the outcome of the application?
How long is a piece of string?

Between 5 months and 18 months.

Some members of this forum have received letters from ICA informing them to expect delay in their PR processing. So the same should apply for SC applications. That said, it could go up to 24 months or beyond?

fixy

Post by fixy » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. I see. can anyone advise the chance of approval related to waiting time? i read from this forum that someone applied later than me (dec 2018) got approved on this year April/May, i applied on nov 2018. does it mean that i have higher chance of getting rejected?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 4:50 pm

Duration of waiting time is neither a sign of approval or rejection. We have seen both. It is what it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

saber13

Post by saber13 » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 4:35 pm

Hi, I applied online in June 2018 and submitted paperwork in person in Nov 2018. Still pending. Am sure that COVID situation has increased the work loads of folks at ICA so best to be patient. So dont worry, you are not alone!

fixy

Post by fixy » Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:47 pm

Hi saber13,

thanks for the reply. will wait . let me know if you have any news . goodluck to you :)