Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
MST

Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply ?

Post by MST » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 1:21 am

Hi All please advice ,

1) I came Singapore in 2006 and 2007 I Started Studying Primary 4(Govt School) and continue my Secondary in express stream.

2) I completed My Diploma at Local Polytechnic, Mechatronics Engineer in 2017 after that I went On to do My National service at SCDF as medic in Fire station.. we respond to 995 calls. I have recieved perfect Attendance Award during my NS( Never took any MC in whole 2 years of NS) .Overall Conduct and performence was given Outstanding in NS. RANK: SGT.

3) After Completed My NS I went on to Work for MNC, as a SeniorTech in Facility department.Essiential worker worked in COVID19 . Iam reciving average Gross montly salary of $3500 for my Last 6 month, Dec to May.

4) I applied for Citizenship in aug/2019 Iam really Disappointed to hear that I got my Citizenship rejected last month. My reservist starting next month 18days 
Iam 26 this year. I came SG when I was 12.
Iam really attached Singapore.  Not easy to cope with this rejection (stressful) ..

Thank You.Please Advice. 

STAY SAFE

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply ?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 9:47 am

mohamed-shaik.thariq wrote:
Tue, 09 Jun 2020 1:21 am
Hi All please advice ,

1) I came Singapore in 2006 and 2007 I Started Studying Primary 4(Govt School) and continue my Secondary in express stream.

2) I completed My Diploma at Local Polytechnic, Mechatronics Engineer in 2017 after that I went On to do My National service at SCDF as medic in Fire station.. we respond to 995 calls. I have recieved perfect Attendance Award during my NS( Never took any MC in whole 2 years of NS) .Overall Conduct and performence was given Outstanding in NS. RANK: SGT.

3) After Completed My NS I went on to Work for MNC, as a SeniorTech in Facility department.Essiential worker worked in COVID19 . Iam reciving average Gross montly salary of $3500 for my Last 6 month, Dec to May.

4) I applied for Citizenship in aug/2019 Iam really Disappointed to hear that I got my Citizenship rejected last month. My reservist starting next month 18days 
Iam 26 this year. I came SG when I was 12.
Iam really attached Singapore.  Not easy to cope with this rejection (stressful) ..

Thank You.Please Advice. 

STAY SAFE
How long have you been working in SG?
Should you work for 2 years and then apply?

MST

Post by MST » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:17 am

Iam Here from primary 4 (2006) I was 12 when iam studying primary 4... last year august started my work..

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:31 am

mohamed-shaik.thariq wrote:
Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:17 am
Iam Here from primary 4 (2006) I was 12 when iam studying primary 4... last year august started my work..
May be they would want to see you working for 1-2 years before they grant SC?

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sun, 14 Jun 2020 3:10 am

It is disheartening to hear of your rejection even after completing NS with a clean record, but it is something i can relate to very well.
It used to be quite unheard of unless you had something extremely negative on your NS record or had a criminal record, but looks like it is not as rare anymore especially if you're not of the usual flavor of the month.

But, the advise to wait until a year or two of employment does make sense.
Don't lose heart and hang in there. If all else is good, the second or third time is likely to be a charm for you.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 14 Jun 2020 10:52 am

Dear MST sir, I can understand your feeling of being let down. However don't loose hope. Your credentials have been seen by very seniors like SF and as per his advise it is a matter of time only to get SC. May be the only reason might be 2 years in the job. So dont loose heart and you will get it. I am not trying to console you only but your details are worth granting EXCEPT FOR THE 2 Yrs CONDITION.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 14 Jun 2020 4:21 pm

IF you're not Chinese you won't get in quick. There is a backlog of India and other races in the system. Saying that you credentials should help you jump the queue eventually.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

MST

Post by MST » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 5:42 am

subconwretch : I was offered to extend my NS but Iam already overage so I choose build up my career 1st ... thanks for your kind reply.

vig.srinivasan93: Hope so.. thanks for your kind words.

PNGMK : thanks for your reply..

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 8:47 am

MST wrote:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 5:42 am
subconwretch : I was offered to extend my NS but Iam already overage so I choose build up my career 1st ... thanks for your kind reply.

vig.srinivasan93: Hope so.. thanks for your kind words.

PNGMK : thanks for your reply..
What do you means by "I was offered to extend my NS". Little lost here.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:48 am

He was probably offered to sign on as a regular instead of just doing his NS (21~24 months) vrs a 5 or 10 year sign-on as a regular serviceman. Not sure as to the 5 year period, but one of my nephews is a commando and signed on for 10 after NS. (I think he's still in - haven't spoken to him in a while).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MST

Post by MST » Wed, 17 Jun 2020 12:30 am

Singaporeflyer : If you done well in your NS they will offer you extend 6 month if you are willing to do
( it’s an option )
sundaymorningstaple : Its quite hard for PR to sign on now a day