Singapore Expats

PR Application Notification

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CookedList

Re: PR Application Notification

Post by CookedList » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 9:24 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 8:25 pm
CookedList wrote:Ah okay! On the ICA it still shows pending but on the email, they said that they have finished processing it. I don't know what does that mean. In your case, was it accepted?
Oh okay, maybe the practice has changed. For PR, it used to show the results - Approved (even it’s AIP) or Rejected. No email, only physical letter. While for citizenship application, the system will show Processing even though AIP has been granted and will only be changed to Approved when the SC Journey programme has been completed.
I see. Anyway, I am prepared to receive a rejection. Hope I am proved wrong.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 9:51 pm

Hang in there!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 3:10 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 8:25 pm
CookedList wrote:Ah okay! On the ICA it still shows pending but on the email, they said that they have finished processing it. I don't know what does that mean. In your case, was it accepted?
Oh okay, maybe the practice has changed. For PR, it used to show the results - Approved (even it’s AIP) or Rejected. No email, only physical letter. While for citizenship application, the system will show Processing even though AIP has been granted and will only be changed to Approved when the SC Journey programme has been completed.
I'd like to clarify that for Singapore citizenship status, the status on MyICA does change to approved even before AIP letter was received. The AIP letter arrived only a week later with instructions to start the Singapore citizenship journey.

I got my citizenship approved last year end Nov.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 7:46 am

kurtisnet wrote:I'd like to clarify that for Singapore citizenship status, the status on MyICA does change to approved even before AIP letter was received. The AIP letter arrived only a week later with instructions to start the Singapore citizenship journey.

Thanks for sharing. That means the practice / process has also been changed. It used to be Processing until the SC Journey is completed.

CookedList

Post by CookedList » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 8:53 am

I must clarify here that my wife emailed ICA about the status and got the reply that the application has been finalized and I will get the outcome letter in 1 or 2 weeks time.

CookedList

Post by CookedList » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 9:19 pm

One of my friends saying, it is probably a rejection otherwise they won't bother emailing me :(:(:(

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 06 Jun 2020 10:20 pm

CookedList wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 9:19 pm
One of my friends saying, it is probably a rejection otherwise they won't bother emailing me :(:(:(
if you send them an email asking a clarification, in any case they eill respond back to you asking you to wait or saying the result will be out shortly. Looks you dont have the patience at all. It can be stressful, but you have to wait for the ienquiry to show the updated status or the letter.

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sun, 07 Jun 2020 2:43 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 7:46 am
kurtisnet wrote:I'd like to clarify that for Singapore citizenship status, the status on MyICA does change to approved even before AIP letter was received. The AIP letter arrived only a week later with instructions to start the Singapore citizenship journey.

Thanks for sharing. That means the practice / process has also been changed. It used to be Processing until the SC Journey is completed.
For SC applications, as of 2020, an email notification is received saying there has been an update in your application, and asks to log in to MyICA to check. The status on MyICA changes to 'Approved', and the AIP letter (pdf) can be downloaded from MyICA rightaway. No physical letter is sent.

Same goes for the final approval letter. A status update email notification is received that asks to log in to MyICA and check after completing SC Journey. The Final Approval letter (pdf) can be downloaded right after uploading a photo and making the online payment for the citizenship certificate and nric.

No physical letters are sent anymore, for SC applications at least.

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:41 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 2:43 pm
jamie9vardy wrote:

For SC applications, as of 2020, an email notification is received saying there has been an update in your application, and asks to log in to MyICA to check. The status on MyICA changes to 'Approved', and the AIP letter (pdf) can be downloaded from MyICA rightaway. No physical letter is sent.

Same goes for the final approval letter. A status update email notification is received that asks to log in to MyICA and check after completing SC Journey. The Final Approval letter (pdf) can be downloaded right after uploading a photo and making the online payment for the citizenship certificate and nric.

I would have much preferred this approach than waiting for the letters daily lol. I submitted my SC application in Jan 2018 (doc submission at ICA in Jul 2018) so it wasn't online yet.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:47 pm

kurtisnet wrote:
Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:41 pm
subconwretch wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

I would have much preferred this approach than waiting for the letters daily lol. I submitted my SC application in Jan 2018 (doc submission at ICA in Jul 2018) so it wasn't online yet.
Are u still waiting for your SC result?

MADINA

Post by MADINA » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 10:37 am

CookedList wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 8:53 am
I must clarify here that my wife emailed ICA about the status and got the reply that the application has been finalized and I will get the outcome letter in 1 or 2 weeks time.
Hi, when did you apply?

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Thu, 11 Jun 2020 4:22 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:47 pm
kurtisnet wrote:
Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:41 pm
subconwretch wrote:

Are u still waiting for your SC result?
Haha nope, I got my application approved at the end of Nov 2019. Completed the SG citizenship journey and oath taking in Jan 2020. 8-)

juggernaut

Post by juggernaut » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 3:00 pm

d
Last edited by juggernaut on Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saber13

Post by saber13 » Fri, 12 Jun 2020 5:12 pm

subconwretch wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

Thanks for sharing. This is a very useful piece of information. Saves a ton of hassle in repeatedly checking MY ICA just to see the same ‘pending’ status.

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sun, 14 Jun 2020 1:58 am

saber13 wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 5:12 pm
subconwretch wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

Thanks for sharing. This is a very useful piece of information. Saves a ton of hassle in repeatedly checking MY ICA just to see the same ‘pending’ status.
Well, I can say with certainty that there are no physical documents to be submitted, or letters sent out at all from start to finish for SC applications as of 2020. No physical documents to be submitted either- everything is scan and upload, or notified via MyICA. So the PR applications might be similar in time to come, if not already.

Slick, except for the waiting part while it is processing and the result is "pending" - that remains the same - for as long as a piece of string.. 8-)