Singapore Expats

PR approval Chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
T H Aye

Post by T H Aye » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 6:20 pm

Hi All,
i applied for PR on this early 2020, i want to check my chances of approval, Can you share with your experience.

Race : Myanmar
Marital Status : Married
Education : Bachelor Degree ( Engineering)
Job : Sr Operation Manager
Length of stay : Over 12 years
Salary :90k+
Pass : EP

Wife: 42
Race: Myanmar
Education : Master Degree
Length of Stay : 6 years
Job : Retail Shop Manager
Salary : 40K+
Pass : EP ( LOC )

Children: 2
1st Son : Primary 5
2nd Son : Primary 2

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 6:52 pm

T H Aye wrote:Hi All,
i applied for PR on this early 2020, i want to check my chances of approval, Can you share with your experience.

Race : Myanmar
Marital Status : Married
Education : Bachelor Degree ( Engineering)
Job : Sr Operation Manager
Length of stay : Over 12 years
Salary :90k+
Pass : EP

Wife: 42
Race: Myanmar
Education : Master Degree
Length of Stay : 6 years
Job : Retail Shop Manager
Salary : 40K+
Pass : EP ( LOC )

Children: 2
1st Son : Primary 5
2nd Son : Primary 2
Honestly, I’m not too optimistic about your chances, especially in the current climate. Your age and nationality (less extent) are not really in your favour. One question though - having been here for over 12 years, have you had a shot at PR before? If yes, how many times have you applied?

Economic woes and impending general elections and its results may have a bearing on the immigration and population policy.

This board has witnessed a flurry of posts regarding PR chances in recent one week or two. I’m not sure if it’s everyone rushing to apply for PR hoping that if successful, their jobs would be more secured. What we see here may not be representative of the wider population and general sentiments. But it does get me thinking.

subconwretch

Re: PR approval Chance in 2020

Post by subconwretch » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:01 am

It was a similar situation in 2008-2009 when everyone rushed to apply in the face of an uncertain economy and employment situation. The approval criteria was certainly far more liberal back then leading to the highest ever number of approvals that year, and what followed were the sentiments of the wider population and backlash that led to an ever tightening policy we face today.

It's unlikely that the policymakers haven't learnt a thing or two from that- I wouldn't be surprised if they have totally stopped approving any PTS applications given the far more uncertain time we are in.