Singapore Expats Forum
 

who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 3:12 pm

:shock:

dam a crap hosting provider , i know some expats here in Singapore working for Singapore branch here.
:D
JUST Admit any expats here work for Godaddy branch in SG?

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 4:55 pm

What happened? Think they are quite popular for domain registration.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:04 pm

Becareful , they are wolf under the sheep. Want to upsell u sometimes wonder is it they purposely slow down your site so you will upgrade bigger host package while the support claim due to shared host etc.

I know they are listed company , growth still there but mind u a lot users is not happy using it getting their services. SAD for those staffs handle the complaints etc, whereas their CEO enjoy life on the expenses providing crap services.

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:10 pm

What slows down your site? Their connection or the server load?

Are you on a shared server? It might be other sites on the same server that is causing high load on server?

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:31 pm

Nah, also due to DMCA part too make me piss off. They never issue notice of removal first and straight suspend the site . Other host provider in fact all at least will inform web master to take down the content within 24hours before give suspend

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:40 pm

Odd, DMCA should be served to domain owner and not to hosting provider.

Shutting down the site is ridiculous. Time to move!

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:48 pm

I don't mind to remove that content Godaddy claim due to DMCA but they never give warning first straight suspend , imaging you are doing online business and your competitor happen see some content so call copy from them and they show the proof etc whatever request the other site owner bring down yet Godaddy never inform the site owner and straight suspend the site than afterward tell u remove the content ? imaging your client see your site down and mention account suspended on it how it feel as client point of view on their side? They will feel oh you operate a scam website that why suspend?

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:55 pm

Yes, I agree this is too much.

Login to the control panel and point the domain name to another hosting company. It should take a few days for DNS to be fully resolved to other server.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 6:00 pm

I think I going to change host , transfer the domain from Godaddy to new host, kinda have enough of them

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:33 am

tt1973 wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 5:55 pm
Yes, I agree this is too much.

Login to the control panel and point the domain name to another hosting company. It should take a few days for DNS to be fully resolved to other server.

Currently the new host tech doing the migration , so far domain already been transfer but i check using WHOIS still under Godaddy. The new host tech told me because migration still doing , once finish will point the domain etc stuff all under new host.


So I go check in Singapore where is Godaddy office here, is under FIntech a building at Robinson road.

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:39 am

The DNS Propagation will take some time, the domain's primary and secondary name servers will need to point to the new IP.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:00 am

tt1973 wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:39 am
The DNS Propagation will take some time, the domain's primary and secondary name servers will need to point to the new IP.
thanks , I will ask the tech about it, I not a techie guy.

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by tt1973 » Sun, 07 Jun 2020 9:57 pm

How is the outcome?

Myasis Dragon
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sun, 07 Jun 2020 11:16 pm

You said:
so far domain already been transfer
There are two parts to your domain. If you have changed registars (which the above implies), then your new registrar will have received a code from the old registrar (which you have given permission to be issued), so that the domain can be registered with a new registrar.

The other part of the equation is the internet service provider, your ISP. Each ISP has its own domain name servers and those servers must be registered with registrar.

For example, I transferred my domain registration for my websites from GoDaddy to Google. GoDaddy sent me the transfer code. I entered it into Google's quick and easy domain registration system. Within a few minutes, Google was now my registrar.

Next, I had to update my DNS records with Google, my new registrar. My websites are hosted by InMotionHosting, and their DNS are ns1.inmotionhosting.com, etc.

So, if you have only changed ISP's from GoDaddy, then your registrar needs to have the new ISP DNS records updated.

Note: GoDaddy is both a registrar and an ISP. You can drop the ISP part and keep them as registrar. The registrar never enforces any content, only the ISP. I dumped GoDaddy because they are too damn expensive... Google much cheaper.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: who working for Godaddy this crap host service provider?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 07 Jun 2020 11:49 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 11:16 pm
You said:
so far domain already been transfer
There are two parts to your domain. If you have changed registars (which the above implies), then your new registrar will have received a code from the old registrar (which you have given permission to be issued), so that the domain can be registered with a new registrar.

The other part of the equation is the internet service provider, your ISP. Each ISP has its own domain name servers and those servers must be registered with registrar.

For example, I transferred my domain registration for my websites from GoDaddy to Google. GoDaddy sent me the transfer code. I entered it into Google's quick and easy domain registration system. Within a few minutes, Google was now my registrar.

Next, I had to update my DNS records with Google, my new registrar. My websites are hosted by InMotionHosting, and their DNS are ns1.inmotionhosting.com, etc.

So, if you have only changed ISP's from GoDaddy, then your registrar needs to have the new ISP DNS records updated.

Note: GoDaddy is both a registrar and an ISP. You can drop the ISP part and keep them as registrar. The registrar never enforces any content, only the ISP. I dumped GoDaddy because they are too damn expensive... Google much cheaper.
I not a tech guy in depth come network my new Host does help the migrate etc.
Now The site finished migrated to new Host provider , the domain too .

One thing I noticed these two days , if I remember roughly like Friday or Saturday completely migrated finish to new host.

Godaddy side I straight remove any products I own , despite my plan still got few months before ended. I just Sick of them, really crap Host provider want to wipe all out don't even log in there again

I also make sure I cancel the subscrption remove my credit cards details, remove my real address .


I noticed at new host side, traffic seem not say stable yet . Some into websites told me maybe just migrated finished to new host. give it one week and monitor.

I does know recently got Google Update mess up a lot site traffic .

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests