Singapore Expats

Details in Acquiring PR - June 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
evildon77

Details in Acquiring PR - June 2020

Post by evildon77 » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 6:01 pm

Hello All,

I am Indian, working as a Quality engineer/supervisor in Saudi Arabia from past 8 years. I wanna know the process in applying PR to stay in Singapore while staying in Saudi Arabia.

1. What are the steps I need to follow or work on getting the PR?
2. What are my best chances of getting the PR?
3. Requirements of documents or any other things.

NOTE: I am now in Saudi Arabia.

Regards

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Details in Acquiring PR - June 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 8:01 pm

You cannot apply for PR. You need to find a job offer and the company first has to apply for a work pass of at least S level, but preferably an EP. After working on an EP for at least 3 years you can "try" to apply for PR but it will be very difficult. Economic conditions world wide are such now that you cannot even be hired by a company in Singapore at the moment.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

evildon77

Post by evildon77 » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 8:27 pm

That's good info, thanks.

Now, is there any other option in getting the work pass or EP rather than finding a Job from Saudi Arabia as most of the jobs are insisting on having a Singapore work pass when I try to apply one.

Also, if "no" for the above thing, is there any best website or source where I can find the Jobs related to Mechanical, Oil & Gas easily in Singapore?

Regards

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:14 pm

evildon77 wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 8:27 pm
That's good info, thanks.

Now, is there any other option in getting the work pass or EP rather than finding a Job from Saudi Arabia as most of the jobs are insisting on having a Singapore work pass when I try to apply one.

Also, if "no" for the above thing, is there any best website or source where I can find the Jobs related to Mechanical, Oil & Gas easily in Singapore?

Regards
Work pass or EP is sponsored by the employer for its potential employee. So, no there are no others options for getting work pass or EP by yourself other than an employer willing to apply for you. Earlier, when the economic situation was good, employers would do telephonic interviews and offer the employee and apply for his Work Pass or EP. But in the current climate, it may not be happening any more.

evildon77

Post by evildon77 » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:57 pm

Thank you for the info singaporeflyer. Is there any website which is dedicated for international personnel to apply for jobs from abroad?

Or else, if there are any other ways in getting the PR instead of jobs or studying, what are the requirements?

Or, is there any chance of me coming to Singapore and finding a job, how should I proceed?

Regards,

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 3:10 pm

evildon77 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:57 pm
Thank you for the info singaporeflyer. Is there any website which is dedicated for international personnel to apply for jobs from abroad?

Or else, if there are any other ways in getting the PR instead of jobs or studying, what are the requirements?

Or, is there any chance of me coming to Singapore and finding a job, how should I proceed?

Regards,
The job sites in Singapore are same for locals or international candidates to apply. But dont have high hopes if you are applying from overseas. jobsdb, jobstreet, monster, mycareersfuture, etc

For other PR routes - https://www.edb.gov.sg/en/how-we-help/g ... ramme.html
I am providing this as you had asked, but it might not be possible for most of us to come via this route.

In the current climate, I would suggest you to be where you are and not come here to look for a job.

evildon77

Post by evildon77 » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 4:20 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, hope everything will be normal soon.

The investment route is very tough and unachievable, better I skip.

Will keep monitoring in the situation and messaging if there is any good signs.

Regards.