Singapore Expats

Man stole 200 masks from vending machine

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Man stole 200 masks from vending machine

Post by abbby » Sat, 30 May 2020 11:50 am

How did this many steal so many masks from the machine? How did he obtain 200 people's personal details? This is scary to know..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Man stole 200 masks from vending machine

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 May 2020 1:41 pm

He was a recruiter. He would have the copies of all those he found jobs for. Remember, these are not Singaporean, but employment pass holders. All are given masks under this program, all you need is an image file/xerox copy scanned into your phone (or physical copy) and it is scanned and approved by a special app from the People's Association. (I was one of the scanners in the first mask distribution) I still have the app on my phone but it has to be validated daily by QR scan to work. I've forbidden to help with this mask distribution due to my age. He could have easily downloaded the image files of all the Work Permits that they had applied successfully for their clients.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 1:57 pm

So unethical! Why would he even steal the masks? Was he trying to sell them? This is so unfair to the people whom the masks were supposed to belong to.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Thu, 11 Feb 2021 6:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 30 May 2020 1:41 pm
He was a recruiter. He would have the copies of all those he found jobs for. Remember, these are not Singaporean, but employment pass holders. All are given masks under this program, all you need is an image file/xerox copy scanned into your phone (or physical copy) and it is scanned and approved by a special app from the People's Association. (I was one of the scanners in the first mask distribution) I still have the app on my phone but it has to be validated daily by QR scan to work. I've forbidden to help with this mask distribution due to my age. He could have easily downloaded the image files of all the Work Permits that they had applied successfully for their clients.
The machine I used actually also had a keypad, so I was able to just punch in the NRIC of everyone in household and collect it on their behalf.