Singapore Expats

Caught Shoplifting

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
liupeijing20

Caught Shoplifting

Post by liupeijing20 » Fri, 29 May 2020 2:28 pm

Hi all, I was caught shoplifting about two months back and I am still studying and this is my first offence. I have learnt my mistake already and I know I wont do it again because of all the guilt I have in me. I have not been sleeping well lately because my case became complicated, I dragged my friends into giving police statement even though they were unaware of me shoplifting at that point of time. But now, everything is done and my statement is being sent to AGC. I admitted to shoplifting from the first statement. anyone knows how long it takes for AGC to get back to the police?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Caught Shoplifting

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 29 May 2020 3:43 pm

Within 3 months I would guess. I think you need to plan for losing your student pass and leaving Singapore (most likely your institution will throw you out).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Jenifer_37

Re: Caught Shoplifting

Post by Jenifer_37 » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 4:23 pm

What was the dollar amount for the item you were caught ?? Is there any prior convictions for you ??