Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
nurn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2020 5:27 pm

PR Approved

Post by nurn » Thu, 28 May 2020 1:47 pm

Hi all, thankfully got my PR approved under PTS earlier this year.

Bangladeshi 24 y/o Catholic
Ethnically Mixed Malay Indian
Single, Never Married
Total 3 years working experience
Studied at a Bangladeshi university, won international programming contests. I have HSK level 4 certification.
PR Application Took 5 months to process.

Working in IT in Banking
Lived for 1.5 years in Singapore

Thank you all for your advice. Hope to contribute to the society as much as possible! Singapore feels like my home and I am so glad my application got approved. May your efforts be successful!

GardAngel08
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 8:19 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by GardAngel08 » Thu, 28 May 2020 2:14 pm

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk


Mental24
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 08 Sep 2018 6:28 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by Mental24 » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:00 pm

Congratulations! Where did you mention the HSK 4 certificate? In the "accomplishments" field?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approved

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:27 pm

nurn wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 1:47 pm
Hi all, thankfully got my PR approved under PTS earlier this year.

Bangladeshi 24 y/o Catholic
Ethnically Mixed Malay Indian
Single, Never Married
Total 3 years working experience
Studied at a Bangladeshi university, won international programming contests. I have HSK level 4 certification.
PR Application Took 5 months to process.

Working in IT in Banking
Lived for 1.5 years in Singapore

Thank you all for your advice. Hope to contribute to the society as much as possible! Singapore feels like my home and I am so glad my application got approved. May your efforts be successful!
Congrats, but little surprised :)

nurn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2020 5:27 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by nurn » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:38 pm

Mental24 wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:00 pm
Congratulations! Where did you mention the HSK 4 certificate? In the "accomplishments" field?
Thank you! In the education and professional training segnment!
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:27 pm
Congrats, but little surprised :)
Thank you! Is it an unlikely profile? Can imagine it's bit disadvantaged haha.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approved

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:41 pm

nurn wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:38 pm
Mental24 wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:00 pm
Congratulations! Where did you mention the HSK 4 certificate? In the "accomplishments" field?
Thank you! In the education and professional training segnment!
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:27 pm
Congrats, but little surprised :)
Thank you! Is it an unlikely profile? Can imagine it's bit disadvantaged haha.
Mainly because of your short stay in SG and new to the IT industry.

Who knows, may be your HSK level 4 certification added good value too that you are a quick learner and you can adapt easily. Now a lot of them may attempt the certification.

nurn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2020 5:27 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by nurn » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:50 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:41 pm
Mainly because of your short stay in SG and new to the IT industry.

Who knows, may be your HSK level 4 certification added good value too that you are a quick learner and you can adapt easily. Now a lot of them may attempt the certification.
Yeah I had Mandarin Chinese in University too, also have a major scientific publication in the AI field. Not sure which really added up!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 May 2020 5:28 pm

Why does this all have a fishy smell to it? I've tried to stay out of it, but......

trashmaker
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Approved

Post by trashmaker » Fri, 29 May 2020 11:03 am

Bangladeshi but ethnically Mixed Malay Indian?! What!?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests