Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 May 2021 11:20 pm

ap_sg wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:00 pm
Hello all, like to get your thoughts on my PR approval chances:

Family: married with one kid 9yrs old
Been in Singapore for 8 years. Working in large MNC as chief data scientist. PhD degree. Base salary: 230k. With bonus 300k+. Have been with same company for 14 years. Wife currently not working. But had worked in SG for 5 years in banking (software).

Applied for PR 6 years ago and got rejected. Thinking of applying again. What are my chances for approval? Any advice for application? Thank you!
Duplicate Post. We have replied in your other thread

Olivia_min

Post by Olivia_min » Mon, 31 May 2021 9:34 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 3:57 pm
Olivia_min wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 3:37 pm

Hmm... married for 2 months before sponsoring him. The general view is minimum 2 years of marriage or else it is viewed a marriage of convenience.

However, his length of stay in SG and on PEP may help a little.

Chances may not be great. You will be in for a long wait and a positive outcome is not be guaranteed too. If not successful this time, your next attempt should have a higher chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We bought a property together in January 2020 (was mentioned in application).
Not marriage of convenience lols. We were planning to do proper wedding and all, but covid just shambled everything, and we just thought let's put the PR application in for now first.

I guess our next application will definitely have a better chance (longer marriage and maybe an SC baby together in the application :D ).
Marriage of convenience - not for you and I to judge. ICA knows best.

Totally concurred with your last paragraph!

Update:
14 Jul 2020 - applied after 2 months ROM and had 6 months payslip from current company
21 May 2021 - submit documents upload button disappeared (but we weren't required to submit anything additional)
31 May 2021 - pending status changed to approved!

Had updated ICA of 5% pay increase and change in address this year (we had moved into a bigger place whilst waiting for our condo being built, and moved my mum in with us, as she is recently retired and living on her own). Tenancy agreement had 2 SC IC numbers on it to demonstrate integration >.<, not sure whether it moved the ICA meter at all, but we gave it a go.

-over the moon happy-

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 May 2021 11:23 am

Congratulations.

And for what it's worth to our sceptic readers who keep asking the same question, two days ago, one of our members "button" disappeared and was rejected shortly thereafter, today, a member's button disappear and a couple of days later they were approved.

So I'll say it one more time to our thickheaded readers, the disappearance of the button only signifies ONE THING. It signifies that ICA has all the information they need 'at that point in time' if they find later they need something else, they will reactivate the button and send an email asking for whatever they want. Otherwise, the disappearance of the button signified nothing. It has absolutely no bearing on the application being successful or rejected. It is what it is and nothing more.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

anujhbaggha

Post by anujhbaggha » Mon, 31 May 2021 12:27 pm

Totally concur that the button going away is nothing but the fact that a decision is made (positive or negative, but made)
After the submit document button disappeared for me couple days ago, the system is allowing me to make new PR application (which it earlier did not).

Olivia_min

Post by Olivia_min » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 9:46 am

Olivia_min wrote:
Mon, 31 May 2021 9:34 am
jamie9vardy wrote:
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 3:57 pm
Olivia_min wrote:
We bought a property together in January 2020 (was mentioned in application).
Not marriage of convenience lols. We were planning to do proper wedding and all, but covid just shambled everything, and we just thought let's put the PR application in for now first.

I guess our next application will definitely have a better chance (longer marriage and maybe an SC baby together in the application :D ).
Marriage of convenience - not for you and I to judge. ICA knows best.

Totally concurred with your last paragraph!

Update:
14 Jul 2020 - applied after 2 months ROM and had 6 months payslip from current company
21 May 2021 - submit documents upload button disappeared (but we weren't required to submit anything additional)
31 May 2021 - pending status changed to approved!

Had updated ICA of 5% pay increase and change in address this year (we had moved into a bigger place whilst waiting for our condo being built, and moved my mum in with us, as she is recently retired and living on her own). Tenancy agreement had 2 SC IC numbers on it to demonstrate integration >.<, not sure whether it moved the ICA meter at all, but we gave it a go.

-over the moon happy-
Any expertise knowledge on whether first generation PR through spousal family ties sponsorship will be called up for NS?

My husband's idea of exercise is 18 rounds of golf with his mates having beers. Jungle warfare might be somewhat of a challenge >.<

However, we would be happy for a potential boy-child to rough it out in the jungle.

Thanks in advance if anyone know this!

OM

Olivia_min

Post by Olivia_min » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:41 am

Forgot to add. Husband is 43 this year.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:46 am

Olivia_min wrote:
Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:41 am
Forgot to add. Husband is 43 this year.
Theoretically he can be called. Practically wont be called.

Olivia_min

Post by Olivia_min » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 4:13 pm

Thank you, SF! Much appreciated.

Husband won't need to engage any personal trainer in a hurry to survive any jungle jaunts :)