Singapore Expats

LTVP for in-laws due to covid

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Deepans08

LTVP for in-laws due to covid

Post by Deepans08 » Sat, 23 May 2020 7:32 pm

Hi, I am on DP and husband is on EP (expat). My father is a senior citizen and widower who came to visit on short term visit pass & his visit got extended because of Covid19. We are worried about his having to travel back & live alone in the home country by himself in the pandemic. Any chance ICA will allow LTVP for him if my husband applies ? Any way to do this outside of one's company ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: LTVP for in-laws due to covid

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 May 2020 1:05 am

Deepans08 wrote:
Sat, 23 May 2020 7:32 pm
Hi, I am on DP and husband is on EP (expat). My father is a senior citizen and widower who came to visit on short term visit pass & his visit got extended because of Covid19. We are worried about his having to travel back & live alone in the home country by himself in the pandemic. Any chance ICA will allow LTVP for him if my husband applies ? Any way to do this outside of one's company ?
I think that is a question you need to take up with ICA as according to the law only the EP holder's parent can stay here on a LTVP, not the Dependent's parent. They may extend his SVP until such time as flights are available back to his home. Why would he have to live at home if he goes back? As I mentioned he's not allow to stay in Singapore on a LTVP as he's the the EP holder's father. Are you saying you deliberately brought him to Singapore on an SVP knowing he will not be able to stay and now want special dispensations on top of it?

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... ligibility
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 24 May 2020 2:04 pm

I think you'll find ICA will extend his pass as long as flights are disrupted. I've got a neighbor whose wife and kid are stuck here and a colleague whose FIL is here on an SVP.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Deepans08

Post by Deepans08 » Mon, 25 May 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you PNGMK. We will watch the situation.
Sundaymorningstaple: Your judgement and accusation are completely unnecessary. Also by the way don't think you understand the words senior and widower.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 May 2020 9:20 pm

I don't think you understand the rules of MOM. Believe me, at 72+ with a 94 MiL living with me who is not ambulatory, I most certainly do.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers