Singapore Expats

Fast weight loss tips

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Fast weight loss tips

Post by abbby » Tue, 19 May 2020 1:21 am

Ok, bent on a fast track to losing weight as it's been a real struggle to lose even a kilo. Is there any tips to fast track the weight lost? Diet, exercise tips are all welcome.(nothing too extreme pls).
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Fast weight loss tips

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 May 2020 12:38 pm

Based on your comment in parentheses, No. However the easiest way is to cut out carbs, salt & sugar and eat cleanly (e.g., no Soy sauces or processed foods). It works.

On a similar diet 12 years ago. I lost 26 kg in 22 weeks. Additionally, I got rid of HBP & gout under control and cholesterol back into good ranges. Do a search of our archives here on my diet at the time. That was all without exercising. Great if you are stuck in CB. Over the past decade I've gain about half of it back but not gained anything during CB. In fact, I actually lost 4 kg in the past 3 weeks as I've started following my old programme just to make the waistline a bit looser.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Fri, 29 May 2020 11:19 am

Amazing 26 kg in 22 weeks. So is 4 kg in 3 weeks.

Carbs and sugar are mainly the culprits of weight gain? I think I'll start by reducing the intake of carbs and sugar (drinks and cakes especially).

I miraculously did lose 5 kg earlier, I remembered was skipping carbs during dinner and no late night suppers and snacks, even when I am hungry, and like you I did not exercise and managed to down 5 kg in 2 months.

However, I find this time round during CB, it just seemed harder to achieve what I did the last time...arghh.

Will try locate your old thread.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

CluelessMe

Post by CluelessMe » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 1:34 am

Yes carbs are the main culprit! For exercising, do longer sets but less sets. The goal is to burn through your carbohydrates before you can burn your fats.

Running and swimming are best at burning. Good luck!

cookie_expat

Post by cookie_expat » Sat, 13 Jun 2020 1:55 pm

90% diet, 10% exercise!

Losing weights starts in your kitchen. Eat healthy, less sugar, less carbs, more fibre, more protein
And of course exercise regularly. It might not be fast way to lose weight, but surely it is the most efficient and healthy way!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 1:57 am

Most importantly, exercise more, eat less. You need to be in a caloric deficit in order to lose weight quickly. This doesn’t mean religiously counting your calories, but rather being more conscious and proactive about making healthy choices.

YvonneChong

Post by YvonneChong » Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:53 am

2/4 vege, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs for lunch and dinner and replacement meal + vege + fruits for dinner. Have been following this plan for 55 days, total lose 9KG, body fat 6.5%.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 03 Jan 2021 7:52 pm

yvonne: you consume only veg and fruits for dinner?