Singapore Expats Forum

how to approach this cutie!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Gigi

nice girls

Postby Gigi » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 8:23 pm

Hey Andre,

I am nice. You can contact me gigi8837@hotmail.com

maybe

Postby maybe » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 8:49 pm

it is possible that he is gay if he is that cute.

anyway, there are loads of local guys who are dying to go out with a foreign girl. You just have to look at the right place and the right crowd that is more your type.

Girlie

where are the nice guys?

Postby Girlie » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 6:18 pm

Kind of pessimistic to think that a cute guy might just be a gay.

Hey Gigi, i feel the same way about how hard it is for a single girl in SG. We are forever waiting for the chinese guys to take the initiatives but they rarely did. Of course to be fair, it is not as if i will be comfortable approaching someone i noticed from a distance. Haha but i do not mind trying the "coincidental" approach to attract the attention of a cute guy :lol:

To Andre: Many nice girls are still around but just not found in night life. They are probably also searching for a nice guy but are restricted by their small social circle.
(ps. If you ever have a clue where the nice decent guys are, do let me know...)

SmartNiceGuy

Luck

Postby SmartNiceGuy » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 8:54 pm

Seems that girls and boys of the nice and smart sort are thinking much alike. When I go skating in East Coast Park, I wish, some of the (unfortunately) few cute single girls would look at me and see me smile at her. Or maybe, I am just shortsighted :) as my looks are fine.

Boomerang

Postby Boomerang » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 9:50 pm

guesthopper wrote:i am getting strangely obsessive about this man
its hard for a single girl in sg
the chinese guys are way to shy /spineless to come up to . they all hudle together and look as bored as ever
the white's are mostly not so great looking and plus they come in pairs with all the asian girls.
so a single ,goodlooking girl who is not excatly a rocket scientist but fairly intelligent has got no chance whatsoever.
think i should move to Burma, atleast the booze is cheap.

The Chinese guys here are not spineless. We just don't find you attractive.

Yes.. maybe you should move to Myanmar. You should hope that the men over there are as spineless as you think, cos you don't want to get into trouble whilst you are all alone out in the wilderness. Happy travelling!

Chinese Male!

Postby Chinese Male! » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 4:05 am

1st!
We chinese are not spineless.
2nd
If you are interested in a chinese guy the guy knows it and he doesn't come up to you either he is gay or he think you are too "GOOD" for him!
3rd
Don't judge by your own eperience and your friend's, please there are some many other good example please you don't know the whole world!
4th
I think you don't like chinese or I'm I wrong!

END

adrianlee
Regular
Regular

Postby adrianlee » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 9:10 am

Come on, us guys like to be encouraged. When you see a guy you think has potential, just give him your charming smile :lol:
I'm not Singaporean myself, but if a gal did that for me, and I think she's pretty nice, I dont see anything wrong with going up to her and having a chat. Gosh, its only a chat, not asking for SEX!

But no, not all Chinese guys are spineless...if the gal is attractive, they'll get attention. Maybe youre not going to the right places...or maybe u need more make up? :shock:

Good luck

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 10 May 2005 12:41 pm

it's been interesting to read this. so i guess personality doesn't count then.

eden_diablos

RE:

Postby eden_diablos » Tue, 10 May 2005 3:57 pm

guesthopper,

Why don't you try the Indians out here? I mean the Indian Indians (expats/foreign students). Being one myself (though I have spent some of my years in Canada), I know enough to know that they are generally forthcoming and kinda nice to talk to - at least not boring! And they are generally nice people.. at least better than what some of the threads here make us look like.
How about we talk about it? You seem kinda nice from the posts of yours that I have read. But this isnt exactly the best place to talk about it I guess. Why don't you mail me if you feel like chatting at eden_diablos@yahoo.com.sg

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 10 May 2005 5:01 pm

oh canada! :) i miss kambing soup and thosai. my indian friends here rock! nice people with warm hearts.

Postby Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 7:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am quite a regular at east coat park cycling, jogging etc. i often see this guy blading and let me tell you he is HOT! so how on earth do i make him notice me, when is zipping past me plus he looks so into his blading, i dont want to invade his space.
so what do i do?

any clever suggestion since i cant think of any!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh yea. want to know him just go up to him wats so diffcult. cute guy blading in ecp. damn. u talking about me? hahahha..
cheers

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 10 May 2005 10:21 pm

1. blade on the wrong side of the pathway.
2. or just wave.
3. and say hi. smile.
4. screech to a halt and then start blading after him :)
5. repeat point 2 & 3

Sergy

Postby Sergy » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:17 am

For Indians - Try found soulmate at Desker Rd in Little India

Garland

Postby Garland » Fri, 20 May 2005 12:14 pm

Boy can i relate to what you say here!!!
I am begining to realise that the key is to slowly but surely find new and different ways of meeting people, just to meet people, without expectations that you will meet 'THE ONE'. Keep an open mind about ALL races and ALL ages. If we go just by appearances, we will get nada.

Also, friends could do more.. they need to look out for you and to organise get togethers with people they know to be single (and hopefully not whankers!)

I'm in the same predicament, I know what its like.

Good luck with that guy! Yeah like someone said, get a pic of him and put it up here but would u like someone doing that to you? Because its a case of privacy.. if you are taking a pic of him without his permission and worse still putting it up on a public board, that may turn him off..

crap, maybe its because i am so bloody bored.
i mean he's cute but not super hot or anything like that, not even close.
nowadays i have to convice my mind somehow that the guys around are cute or else there's absolutely no hope.
the chinese guys are way to shy /spineless to come up to . they all hudle together and look as bored as ever
the white's are mostly not so great looking and plus they come in pairs with all the asian girls.
so a single ,goodlooking girl who is not excatly a rocket scientist but fairly intelligent has got no chance whatsoever.

dont fret

Postby Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 7:36 pm

crap, maybe its because i am so bloody bored.
i mean he's cute but not super hot or anything like that, not even close.
nowadays i have to convice my mind somehow that the guys around are cute or else there's absolutely no hope.

heya girlie, there're are good guys who are busy at work, hence you don't see them around very much, by the end of the day, they are so bored they just go home. There are good English-speaking bilingual Chinese guys who are way too into work, find one guy who appreciates some breather space and relaxation.. maybe someone who shows up at EAST COAST PARK... hey! whaadya know... girl, just go up to him, hang around the place that he buys a drink from or something and just see if you have any eye-contact. Take it as a project, for 2 weeks.. if anything good turns up, let us know, I'd be happy for ya too. SO NEVER FRET!