Singapore Expats

What would you do if you see someone not wearing mask outside?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

What would you do if you see someone not wearing mask outside?

Post by abbby » Mon, 04 May 2020 8:44 am

What would you do? Will you tell the person to wear a mask or just walk away?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Re: What would you do if you see someone not wearing mask outside?

Post by martincymru » Mon, 04 May 2020 9:06 am

My position is clear on this Forum. Mask wearing outside should be voluntary.

So should lock-down measures (except for protecting the vulnerable) but that is another question.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 04 May 2020 9:09 am

Ignore them. They are probably prone to be violent if confronted because such behaviour is essentially sociopathic.

I saw this couple yesterday at the La Piazzola drinking beer masks down while waiting for their pizza pickup. Obviously trying to hide their faces. I wish death upon them. These are the sort of idiot expats that get hatred pointed at the rest of us. It took all my resolve not to run over them as I left in my car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/467bhlmqqkdt0 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 03 Feb 2021 9:42 pm

I think there are enough safe distancing officers and other social workers who will say it for me. I’m pretty sure if I were to ask the person to put on the mask I would be met with a very ugly reaction. I don’t see the point of engaging in a confrontation unnecessarily; it’s illegal to go out in Singapore without a mask anyway so someone is sure to stop them soon enough.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 8:06 am

Anyone getting on the elavator with me without wearing a mask, young, old, big, small, they get a short sharp clip around the ear from me. Verbally of course. Happened quite regularly until about the middle of last year. Since then, peeps have their mask on at all times.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 3:52 pm

My comment is usually short and not directly aimed but a sharp "another F'kin genetic idiot, just what the country needs" but I just keep going neither pausing or looking back but loud enough that those who are around or with him/her hears it as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jptsr1

Post by jptsr1 » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 5:26 pm

I see it all the time and what I do is mind my buisness. There are ambassadors and police around to take care of that sort of thing. Usually if you are in a store or restaurant the staff will take care of it. The only time I’ve asked someone to put their mask on was my Grab driver.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 3:26 pm

Starting to think of the risks associated with vaccines and masks. We know the virus can be spread in asymptomatic infections.

Vaccines don’t stop the virus getting inside you. If you don’t have a high enough neutralizing antibody response from the vaccine, likely there will be a few rounds of growth before control.

If vaccine escape mutants appear, highly likely that they could also be asymptomatic infections- and capable of spread to some degree.

When I hear some vaccinated people in Dubai are not wearing masks, they could be putting non-vaccinated people at risk.

Summary - wear a mask even if you have been vaccinated, until we are sure all this is under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

lobster

Post by lobster » Sun, 21 Jan 2024 5:57 pm

my mate used to cough directly into the face of people that tried to chat him up in the lifts .. gay boy is he lol. not sure if he continued during covid lol ..