Singapore Expats

Shopee bad experience

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Shopee bad experience

Post by abbby » Tue, 28 Apr 2020 1:09 pm

Anyone had similar bad experience with Shopee as well?

I bought an item from them and it never came, I tried to request a refund, unfortunately by the seller only agreeing that refund can be made, then refund can happen. In my case, the seller refused to refund, and I am left with no refund. Shopee would not step in to help me.

Please choose where you buy from carefully, Shopee has a bad refund practice, caveat emptor. ](*,)
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

dianap75

Re: Shopee bad experience

Post by dianap75 » Wed, 29 Apr 2020 6:17 pm

oh no.. i use shopee quite a bit but this has never happened to me! previously when i requested for a refund, the seller was cooperative. have you tried using the "chat with shopee" function? i think maybe they're a bit slower on the response due to the virus situation as well. hope you get ur refund asap!!

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Fri, 01 May 2020 10:40 pm

How did you release the payment before your stuff arrived? I've only used 3-4 times for stuff I couldn't find on Lazada. But I always could hold to release payment until I received goods, just like Airbnb.

it's more for small business and importers like operating from home kind as far as in understand.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 02 May 2020 3:21 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Fri, 01 May 2020 10:40 pm
How did you release the payment before your stuff arrived? I've only used 3-4 times for stuff I couldn't find on Lazada. But I always could hold to release payment until I received goods, just like Airbnb.

it's more for small business and importers like operating from home kind as far as in understand.
The payment is automated via credit card, and deducted when order is placed. Unfortunately, when you lodge to shopee for a refund, the only way, it seems...is for the seller to agree to refund you. And the seller refused to, which I think this is very unfair for me to pay for goods I never received.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sun, 03 May 2020 2:48 pm

I know it's deducted from credit card immediately but thought it's not released to seller before it's confirmed that it's arrived. I never had to start that process with shoppee. So wondering here does the seller get his money ? Or it remains with shoppee.

With Airbnb in similar situations it worked well, or quite similar.

bloodymiko

Post by bloodymiko » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 4:41 pm

I encountered that too recently. if seller refused to refund then there is nothing buyer can do as shopee don't get involve. just recently, I also encountered another refund but shopee didn't return my shopee coins and money was not credited into my card account despite it had been 1 month. sellers also either miss out items or send wrong items. worse still, seller kept quiet and never inform when certain items are out of stocks. they just send out the parcel without informing. I think I am quitting shopee for good. I never had such bad shopping experience with other online shopping sites. time wasted in checking to and fro, it's not worth the time spent.

perhaps sellers know shopee dont care or dont get involve thus the errant behaviour.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 9:58 am

I am not a fan of Shoppee and not too happy with Lazada (but at least they give refunds - my issue is that the sellers (drop shippers) sell things they don't have available and then it takes weeks to get a refund).

Seem Shoppee has some long term issues and is a known platform for scammers.

http://livingthesglife.blogspot.com/201 ... llers.html
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:52 am

Are you not able to dispute the CC payment with the CC company?

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 12:14 pm

Only used Shoppee once, goods received on time and good.
As I recall, I think the seller does not receive his money unless you advise Shoppee goods received are ok

bloodymiko

Post by bloodymiko » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:41 pm

bgd wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:52 am
Are you not able to dispute the CC payment with the CC company?
I tried but CC company says the dispute is with Shopee and that its not a fradulent transaction so the bank cant do anything about it.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:50 pm

Post a complaint on their social media

bloodymiko

Post by bloodymiko » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:52 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 9:58 am
I am not a fan of Shoppee and not too happy with Lazada (but at least they give refunds - my issue is that the sellers (drop shippers) sell things they don't have available and then it takes weeks to get a refund).

Seem Shoppee has some long term issues and is a known platform for scammers.

http://livingthesglife.blogspot.com/201 ... llers.html
Shopee also has scam sellers, there are sellers who either send the wrong / cheaper version of items that were listed as genuine or they simply send parcel with missing items when out of stocks. When i referred back to Shopee, they asked me to report the listing, it's more than 1 month but then the listing are still available online till now. i just hope others won't get scammed like me.

In order to get back the refund, i have to go to and fro with shopee and sellers, trying to get back my money. it's really a waste of precious time.

although there are some parcels which came in due proper but the risks are too high. almost 50% of my parcels have problems. only those sellers based in singapore seems more legit. haiz.... so stressed out, so have to air my frustrations and hopefully fellow Singaporeans will be mindful.

bloodymiko

Post by bloodymiko » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:53 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:50 pm
thanks for the advice, i thought of doing so but not very familiar with social media as hardly uses them. post comments on facebook? something like that?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 5:44 pm

bloodymiko wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:53 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 3:50 pm
thanks for the advice, i thought of doing so but not very familiar with social media as hardly uses them. post comments on facebook? something like that?
Find shopee twitter account or IG or LI or FB and post a truthful explanation of what happened.

maliaava012

Post by maliaava012 » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 7:47 pm

It usually works when you post an unhappy experience on merchant's Facebook page.