Singapore Expats Forum

NZ couple new to Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

NZ couple new to Singapore

Postby a&s » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 4:18 pm

Hi there
My husband and I (both 25) moved to Singapore 2 weeks and are missing being able to get together with like minded people for a drink, bbq and a chat. Any suggestions?

Getting together tonight

Postby Getting together tonight » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 4:53 pm

Hi guys,

This may be a bit late, but a few of us new expats are getting together tonight (for the 2nd time only, so everyone really is new!). We're meeting at Harry's, 28 boat quay, at 9.30pm. Give me a ring on 98727627 if you're interested and if you get this msg before tonight (Tue March 15). Hope to see you there.

Re: NZ couple new to Singapore

Postby newgirl » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 8:18 pm

a&s wrote:Hi there
My husband and I (both 25) moved to Singapore 2 weeks and are missing being able to get together with like minded people for a drink, bbq and a chat. Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome to Singapore- you will have a fab time here!!

I have been here a little over 2 months and have met up with some really nice people. If you are interested, I have organised at St Patricks nite on Thu for a crowd of about 20- if you are interested- send me an email at

Kiwi fan

Re: NZ couple new to Singapore

Postby Kiwi fan » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:22 am

Just join the open minded nice cool group meeting every Wednesday at the 'WDNC ! :lol: Today at Indochine in Club Street ... just check the other topic in this forum... 8) :D

know what it's like

Postby jk » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 4:30 pm

hi - i've been here a few months also with my husband, both from NZ (kind of) originally but have been in Oz for many years. are you working? are you interested in catching up for a coffee or joining a bookclub?
you can email me if so, on

nz couple

Postby A&N » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:52 pm

Hi a&s,

My husband and I are also from NZ (Wellington) and have been here for 4.5 years. Contact us on: A&N_Rae if you'd like to meet up for a few beers & bbq etc.

nz couple

Postby a&s » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 2:32 pm

Hi A&N
Would luv to get together for a drink or bbq (we miss them)! What email address can we contact you on? is it a hotmail one? Wasn't sure :)

Postby Guest » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 6:17 pm

I saw your post and would love to know a bit more about yourself! I am 24 f and just moved to Singapore to get married. Am from Europe. Would love to meet some other girls to hang out with!

Cheers J

Write to:

BBQ etc

Postby A&N » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 9:58 am

Hi a&s - sorry, it's a yahoo email address: I look forward to hearing from you!!

Postby Derwin » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 1:50 pm

Feel a lot of fun lovers over here. I do have karoke session on 9 Apr 05. Welcome all to attend. Pls email me if any of you fun lovers are interested.

Re: nz couple

Postby anthea » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 7:54 pm

Was wondering if there are any outings planned? My husband is from Denmark and I'm Singaporean of mixed parentage. Would love to meet like-minded couples for some bbq, dinners and good chat. Let us know when the next one is!