Singapore Expats

Citizenship approval chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
motherof2maybe3

Citizenship approval chances

Post by motherof2maybe3 » Sat, 18 Apr 2020 3:57 pm

I have submitted my citizenship application in early March this year, please may I know what would the chances be like for me to get it approved?

Here is my profile:
Msian Chinese Female age 35 this year, applying with 2 children (6yo and 2yo).
My husband is also a Msian Chinese but he is not applying for the reason that his parents won't allow him to convert. We do not own any properties in Msia tho.
I work in a foreign bank earning 70k a year and my hub is a sole-proprietor (wireman) earning about 60k a year. We own a resale HDB, I have been staying in SG for 9 years, PR 7 years, and I will be trying to conceive for a 3rd baby next year (I have included this reason in my application). My first kid born in Msia and 2nd kid born in SG, both are PRs.

I know my profile is quite decent, however I have 2 concerns here.
Firstly, my hub is not applying with me, will this lower the chance?
2ndly, given the covid situation here, would they slow down the processing of applications? My first kid will be attending primary school next year and I will be trying for a 3rd baby, I wish I could get the citizenship ASAP.
In overall, what would the chance be like and if I get it, how soon can I get the approval from them? Thank you!! :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Citizenship approval chances

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 18 Apr 2020 6:37 pm

motherof2maybe3 wrote:
Sat, 18 Apr 2020 3:57 pm
I have submitted my citizenship application in early March this year, please may I know what would the chances be like for me to get it approved?

Here is my profile:
Msian Chinese Female age 35 this year, applying with 2 children (6yo and 2yo).
My husband is also a Msian Chinese but he is not applying for the reason that his parents won't allow him to convert. We do not own any properties in Msia tho.
I work in a foreign bank earning 70k a year and my hub is a sole-proprietor (wireman) earning about 60k a year. We own a resale HDB, I have been staying in SG for 9 years, PR 7 years, and I will be trying to conceive for a 3rd baby next year (I have included this reason in my application). My first kid born in Msia and 2nd kid born in SG, both are PRs.

I know my profile is quite decent, however I have 2 concerns here.
Firstly, my hub is not applying with me, will this lower the chance?
2ndly, given the covid situation here, would they slow down the processing of applications? My first kid will be attending primary school next year and I will be trying for a 3rd baby, I wish I could get the citizenship ASAP.
In overall, what would the chance be like and if I get it, how soon can I get the approval from them? Thank you!! :)
Citizenship will need 6 - 15 months. So you cant rush for it

1. Yes, applying as a family is always good, but in your case I feel you might be OK as you are from the ethnicity who integrate well into SG
2. Yes, application processing MAY slow down due to work from home, etc

sarahh97

Post by sarahh97 » Sun, 19 Apr 2020 8:43 pm

Hello,

I would like to see what are the chances of getting approved for citizenship with a fresh diploma grad from local polytechnic. My family member (parents and siblings) are malaysian but PR for over 20 years.

background:
current age: 23, born in singapore, PR throughout, local poly grad but studying Part-Time in one of the private uni right now, have been working FT for about 1.5-2 years in the supply chain industry. salary wise not very high...

my background isnt fantastic compared to other applicants but i would like to know what are the chances of getting it approved as i have always wanted to get citizenships since long time..

Thank you!! :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Apr 2020 8:49 pm

To save yourself from possible initial rejection, my advice would be work till you finish your degree and then apply. The fact that your are working FT and studying for your degree will stand you in good stead once you have that degree. I am also assuming you are ethnic Chinese. You might get in now, but only apply if you can take rejection, a lot cannot.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sarahh97

Post by sarahh97 » Sat, 25 Apr 2020 9:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 8:49 pm
To save yourself from possible initial rejection, my advice would be work till you finish your degree and then apply. The fact that your are working FT and studying for your degree will stand you in good stead once you have that degree. I am also assuming you are ethnic Chinese. You might get in now, but only apply if you can take rejection, a lot cannot.
Yes I an ethnic Chinese. Alright, i will most likely wait untili graduate. However, will it affect my chances if i decide to change my job after graduating before or during application?

Thank you for the prompt reply! :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 25 Apr 2020 9:49 am

sarahh97 wrote:
Sat, 25 Apr 2020 9:18 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 8:49 pm
Yes I an ethnic Chinese. Alright, i will most likely wait untili graduate. However, will it affect my chances if i decide to change my job after graduating before or during application?

Thank you for the prompt reply! :)
You are yet to join a job. Why are you thinking about changing soon? It is better to show some job stability for the application, even though we can 100% say that changing jobs will or will not affect the application. It is very subjective on how ICA sees it in your case.

Example: You have stayed here long enough and so the job change would not have a major impact as long as you are employed? This is just an example