Singapore Expats

DP and EP rejections due to COVID19

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
YoungAndBroke

DP and EP rejections due to COVID19

Post by YoungAndBroke » Wed, 15 Apr 2020 7:05 pm

Hi,

Anyone affected by recent circuit breaker? I just got my newborn’s DP application rejected after waiting 2 days. A bit scary. There is an auto extension of 28 days for special passes, however I heard from employer that lots of EP and DP applications are getting rejected on the spot.

Anyone in the same boat? Last thing we want as a country is to deport a bunch of babies...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: DP and EP rejections due to COVID19

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 15 Apr 2020 11:42 pm

YoungAndBroke wrote:
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 7:05 pm
Hi,

Anyone affected by recent circuit breaker? I just got my newborn’s DP application rejected after waiting 2 days. A bit scary. There is an auto extension of 28 days for special passes, however I heard from employer that lots of EP and DP applications are getting rejected on the spot.

Anyone in the same boat? Last thing we want as a country is to deport a bunch of babies...
Do you meet the DP criteria of Salary, etc?
How many dependants do you already have on EP?
How long more is your EP Valid?
There will be a high level reason made known to the employer. Did you ask them?

Is your new born kid now in SG?

YoungAndBroke

Post by YoungAndBroke » Thu, 16 Apr 2020 2:21 am

Meet criteria and got just my wife on DP, with my pass expiring in about a year. We are all in Singapore and haven’t travelled since January. The rejection letter did mention that we can appeal if we are in Singapore, otherwise re-apply once social distancing measures have been lifted.

There is no high level reason other than those suggestions that were mentioned. So I suspect they are denying everyone and then looking at it case by case for those that are actually in Singapore.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:00 am

YoungAndBroke wrote:
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 2:21 am
Meet criteria and got just my wife on DP, with my pass expiring in about a year. We are all in Singapore and haven’t travelled since January. The rejection letter did mention that we can appeal if we are in Singapore, otherwise re-apply once social distancing measures have been lifted.

There is no high level reason other than those suggestions that were mentioned. So I suspect they are denying everyone and then looking at it case by case for those that are actually in Singapore.
Where is your kid now?

They have clearly told you appeal if the kid is in Singapore or else reapply after the Social Distancing measures are lifted

YoungAndBroke

Post by YoungAndBroke » Thu, 16 Apr 2020 1:23 pm

Child in Singapore. Yes it looks like they suggesting an appeal for this sort of case, submitted today so let’s hope for no more curve balls.

YoungAndBroke

Post by YoungAndBroke » Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:33 pm

Well good news the appeal was quick and it got approved :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Apr 2020 2:28 pm

Congratulations. Good to hear. Everybody is awash due to the virus. So I believe in a lot of cases it has to jump through more hoops to be approved else they wouldn't have suggested an appeal.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers