Singapore Expats

Masks supplied free by Sg. govt. are of unknown quality

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Masks supplied free by Sg. govt. are of unknown quality

Post by SGBoyxxx » Mon, 27 Apr 2020 10:59 pm

archcherub wrote:
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 9:50 pm
SGBoyxxx wrote:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 7:21 pm
PLS DO NOTE WASH BEFORE U WEAR IT.

I does wear the cloth masks , well what to do. The surgery mask is expensive next don't say you wear mask can prevent. End of the day try to build up your immune system which is more important and stay at home more if possible beside go out buy your daily needs and straight back home.
I'm still wearing reusable cloth masks, because I shudder to think of the extreme amount of plastic waste we are throwing from the food take-aways packaging and disposable masks....
sigh where do u guys buy ur reusable or disposable masks
well I only have one that is the gov gave one. Just wash after coming back from home buy daily needs next day should be dry and can use again after let it dry near the window.

dianap75

Post by dianap75 » Wed, 29 Apr 2020 6:09 pm

there's this Masks Sewn With Love project now that teaches ppl how to sew reusable cloth masks. you can make for your family and if you have extra cloth and time, can donate to ppl who need too :) quite an interesting initiative.

otherwise, from what i know, amusse just launched their reusable face masks collection. super pretty fabric. google "AMUSSE Reusable Face Mask"

sandychan0226

Post by sandychan0226 » Thu, 18 Jun 2020 3:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I found this website to buy verifiable surgical masks. They claim to be selling the same surgical masks used by their clinical staff.

https://qandm.com.sg/Latest-Happening-D ... maskSOS/52

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 1:50 pm

I’m pretty sure the government would not distribute ineffective masks if they do not actually help to prevent the spread of COVID. Uncomfortable and low quality? Maybe. Some of them are pretty great though, my favorite government given masks are the white ones with the Merlín logo. So comfortable!