Singapore Expats

Appeal rejected PR or Reapply new PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Suzan

Post by Suzan » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 4:45 pm

Hi all,
I have rejected my PR application on last week of January 2020 after 6 months application period.
In the rejected letter, they mention
Thank you for your interest in Singapore PR. All SPR applications are assessed holistically under prevailing criteria, including economic contrition, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.

2. We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
  • May I check is there anyone who got the same rejected reasons and how to appeal or reapply?
  • Any idea on rejection reason?
  • Should I appeal or reapply new application?
P.S. I got new job offer and my salary increase 16%.
I have 4 first cousins in Singapore who are PR.
I would like to mention additional above 2 reasons and appeal.

Thank you so much in advance for everyone who read my question.

MeoTest

Re: Appeal rejected PR or Reapply new PR application

Post by MeoTest » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 7:20 pm

I assume everyone who got rejected also received that same generic letter. I got rejected and received that same letter twice.

Salary 16% increase is not considered "high", I got 20% increment but still rejected. ICA looks at your application more than just salary.

Cousin might be considered "nothing", siblings might help.
Spouse/children/parents will have significant affect.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 10:06 pm

Suzan wrote:Hi all,
I have rejected my PR application on last week of January 2020 after 6 months application period.
Thank you for your interest in Singapore PR. All SPR applications are assessed holistically under prevailing criteria, including economic contrition, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.

2. We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
  • May I check is there anyone who got the same rejected reasons and how to appeal or reapply?

Having PR cousins ain’t gonna help much in your appeal or re-application.

1. What pass are you on?
2. How long have you been here?
3. Where are you from i.e. nationality
4. Your race/ethnicity
5. Occupation/industry
6. Salary range
7. Educational level?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 10:15 pm

Suzan wrote:
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 4:45 pm
Hi all,

Saw your past threads and you had issues with your EP. Also took up a new offer while appeal was in progress for Company A? All these will not be seen as something positive. Sorry to say.

Rinrin

Post by Rinrin » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:40 pm

Hi!

I would just like to ask if I should appeal or wait for 6 months to have a new application.

I applied last 4 April 2021 and got my rejection letter on 14 August 2021. Does anyone have the same letter as mine?

The rejection letter says:

"Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (PR).

2. We have evaluated your application carefully, taking into consideration all the documents you have submitted. However, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

3. You may submit an application again if there is a change in your circumstances (from the information provided in this application). Nevertheless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid Work Pass."

Here is my profile:
Race: Filipino
Years in Sg: 5 years
Pass: Spass
Job: Preschool teacher

I would also like to take note that when I applied my passport is in an Extension visa for 2 years, valid until September 2022. I don't know if this is also one of the reason why I got rejected.

Should I appeal or just wait for more years before applying again?

Thank you for your help!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2021 9:27 am

Rinrin wrote:
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:40 pm
Hi!

I would just like to ask if I should appeal or wait for 6 months to have a new application.

I applied last 4 April 2021 and got my rejection letter on 14 August 2021. Does anyone have the same letter as mine?

The rejection letter says:

"Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (PR).

2. We have evaluated your application carefully, taking into consideration all the documents you have submitted. However, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

3. You may submit an application again if there is a change in your circumstances (from the information provided in this application). Nevertheless, you can continue to work and reside here on your valid Work Pass."

Here is my profile:
Race: Filipino
Years in Sg: 5 years
Pass: Spass
Job: Preschool teacher

I would also like to take note that when I applied my passport is in an Extension visa for 2 years, valid until September 2022. I don't know if this is also one of the reason why I got rejected.

Should I appeal or just wait for more years before applying again?

Thank you for your help!
Appeal will not help. Passport is not the issue for rejection. Work on moving up in career/increase in salary and then reapply after few years

Rinrin

Post by Rinrin » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:39 pm

Hi Singaporeflyer! Thank you for your reply.

Just want to ask if having certificate in learning conversational mandarin and enrolling myself in a short course related to my profession would help in my application?

Really thanks for your help!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:21 pm

Rinrin wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:39 pm
Hi Singaporeflyer! Thank you for your reply.

Just want to ask if having certificate in learning conversational mandarin and enrolling myself in a short course related to my profession would help in my application?

Really thanks for your help!
Not at all.