Singapore Expats

I will assist with a PR application for one person for free

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mimib

I will assist with a PR application for one person for free

Post by mimib » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 4:31 pm

I'm quite bored during this quarantine period and thought I'd try something new. I got my PR a few years ago before the system went online, but I'm happy to help with one person's PR application for free. I'll write you a cover letter and help you out with your documents and references, basically will do everything a consultancy firm does. I'm a native English speaker so you don't need to worry about poor grammar.

I won't be able to help in assessing your chances of success (I'll leave that to the other knowledgeable people in this forum), so this offer is only for people who were intending to apply anyway!

Please post a brief description of your profile in the comments and I'll select one person to help out :)

Anand mary

Re: I will assist with a PR application for one person for free

Post by Anand mary » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 5:27 pm

Hi I need assistance can u help me

Anand mary

Post by Anand mary » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 5:28 pm

I am applying PR .. and I would like to know regarding the residential address for past 10 years how to enter... from 2020 down or start which address first my system keep jumping

Anand mary

Post by Anand mary » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 5:29 pm

I am able to enter the address fro. 2020 ,2018 past 10 years ..once I save it's not in the same order .. it gets mixed up

RahSin

Post by RahSin » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:18 pm

I recall facing the same problem. But don't worry, in the preview option before the final submission it should automatically be in the same chronological order as you have filled in the form before uploading ( assuming you have chosen the upload form option).

If you wish to see it yourself, try moving to the next section and then check back this section, it should show things in correct order.

You may face similar problem with your employment history section but it should automatically get organized before final submission.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 9:30 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc...

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Anand mary

Post by Anand mary » Sun, 12 Apr 2020 5:38 am

Actually after saving I moved to review column ...it shows the current address as the residential address 1 . But the residential address 2 and 4 always gets interchange automatically .. it's so weird... I was a bit worried

ExcellenceAdvocate

Post by ExcellenceAdvocate » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 4:08 pm

Hi, not sure if the offer of assistance still stands?

I've lived in Singapore for 8 years, am British, met my American husband here and we got married here about 1.5 years ago in the Botanic Gardens.

I work in the events industry and because of Covid-19 my role has just been made redundant. I'm the main breadwinner and my husband is a teacher but on a DP.

I now have only a few months to figure out a solution to stay in Singapore. We love this country, it's our home, but because I work in events, it will be very hard right now to find work straight-away.

We've been meaning to apply for PR for ages, just never got around to it. Any assistance would be hugely appreciated.

Otherwise we'll be heading out of Singapore and at the moment, not sure the UK will even let my husband in, so we may even end up having to live in different countries...not ideal!

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 5:24 pm

How long has your husband been on a DP? I reckon a maximum of 1.5 years but probably less. Can/will his employer possibly apply for an EP for him, with a high enough salary to qualify you to be a Dependent? Unfortunately, that is going to be about your only avenue as when your EP is cancelled, he will also lose his DP and therefore his job as well. There is no way the ICA is going to entertain a PR application without either of you working.

You are stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment and I don't see any possible way to circumvent what's coming. And yes, you may well have a bit of a problem bring your spouse to the UK at the moment but I don't know the ins & outs of the British Immigration system.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ExcellenceAdvocate

Post by ExcellenceAdvocate » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 6:26 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Husband on a DP for about 1.5 years. We will also try an EP on his side, but I think his salary may be too low.

I have a 6 month notice period, so hoping if I apply for PR now it may have a chance of getting through. Also looking for other work obviously.

We're having to try all avenues at this point. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:32 pm

Be sure you also work on a Plan B as well, you don't want to really be caught short, especially what with the current health of the world at the moment. Good Luck and if you don't mind let us know how it goes. Our readers are our database to help pay it forward.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:06 pm

ExcellenceAdvocate wrote:
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 6:26 pm
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Husband on a DP for about 1.5 years. We will also try an EP on his side, but I think his salary may be too low.

I have a 6 month notice period, so hoping if I apply for PR now it may have a chance of getting through. Also looking for other work obviously.

Sorry to say, i see 2 issues here

1. PR takes longer than 6 months these days. Also note that the economoy has slowed down now.
2. Events is a industry with lot of local residents, so it wont be easy for the PR to go through.

As SMS said, please have clear backup plans on what to do.

Will it not be possible for you to find another job in the next 3-5 months? (Assuming you have 6 months notice)

mimib

Post by mimib » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:34 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Hi, I agree with the comments above that it will be very difficult for you to get PR under these circumstances. I'm already helping someone who messaged me privately but if you do still intend to apply for PR I can help you to write or review a cover letter if you'd like? Honestly I don't think the ICA really care about that too much if the fundamentals don't tick their boxes, but if you're applying anyway, it doesn't really hurt.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:40 pm

mimib wrote:
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:34 pm
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Hi, I agree with the comments above that it will be very difficult for you to get PR under these circumstances. I'm already helping someone who messaged me privately but if you do still intend to apply for PR I can help you to write or review a cover letter if you'd like? Honestly I don't think the ICA really care about that too much if the fundamentals don't tick their boxes, but if you're applying anyway, it doesn't really hurt.
Do you mean with the cover letter the fundamental boxes can be ticked? Are you sure? There are many here who have just submitted what ICA has marked as mandatory documents and have got their PR.

I believe that a cover letter is OK, but does not add any great value. Also, it can be written by the applicant and does not require an external party.

Also If i were the applicant, I will be hesitant to share so much details which are confidential about my application with someone to write the cover letter.

mimib

Post by mimib » Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:49 pm

No, I mean that the cover letter is not so helpful if the fundamental qualities that the ICA are looking for aren't already present (consistent with your understanding as well).

It's fine if the applicant doesn't wish to share their contact details, that's why I said above that I can review a cover letter instead (and they can redact their details). But of course they are always free to do it themselves, I'm not suggesting otherwise.