Singapore Expats

New PR Singpass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: New PR Singpass

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:39 am

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 8:41 pm
Aren’t EP holders supposed to already have Singpass?

I’m on EP and do have it.
Yes, but you have to get a new one with PR as you get an NRIC instead of a FIN. Same for the drivers license.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Feb 2022 1:20 am

MOCHS wrote:
Mon, 21 Feb 2022 7:29 am
^ You missed the point. Sometimes they are government administrative matters that requires a SingPass and needs to be completed within a deadline and it cannot wait 3 days for the mailer. Much faster to to do in person at a CC.

I overlooked that for my foreigner husband on LTVP ‘cos I thought he couldn’t have one. And when we were buying a HDB, he needed a SingPass to complete the formalities so we had to rush down at 7pm on a Saturday evening to the nearest CC to get it on the spot. Whew.

That’s when I learned that as long as you have been granted a long term pass (PEP, EP, S-pass, work permit, LTVP, DP, student pass), you are eligible for SingPass.
True, I just meant in comparison to waiting a week or two 3 days is a short wait. Assuming you don’t have any deadlines to meet, 3 days shouldn’t be an issue at all.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 22 Feb 2022 8:32 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:39 am
malcontent wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 8:41 pm
Aren’t EP holders supposed to already have Singpass?

I’m on EP and do have it.
Yes, but you have to get a new one with PR as you get an NRIC instead of a FIN. Same for the drivers license.
True — and it’s a DL that never expires, I wonder if they force you to surrender it if you renounce?
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:04 am

If I’m not mistaken you need to surrender all local ID when renouncing, which should include your DL, in addition to basic documentation like IC etc.