Singapore Expats Forum

New PR Singpass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
aviciii

New PR Singpass

Post by aviciii » Wed, 08 Apr 2020 11:54 pm

Good Day,

As a new PR, how to set up new Singpass with NRIC?

According to Singpass FAQ:
As a new Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you will automatically be registered for a new SingPass account. A PIN mailer, containing your new SingPass password, will be sent to your registered address.
I want to ask how long does the mailer take based on your experience?

I also read this forum stating we need to set up new Singpass on our own so i am confused.

Thanks in advance

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: New PR Singpass

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 09 Apr 2020 10:56 am

aviciii wrote:
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 11:54 pm
Good Day,

As a new PR, how to set up new Singpass with NRIC?

According to Singpass FAQ:
As a new Singapore Permanent Resident (PR), you will automatically be registered for a new SingPass account. A PIN mailer, containing your new SingPass password, will be sent to your registered address.
I want to ask how long does the mailer take based on your experience?

I also read this forum stating we need to set up new Singpass on our own so i am confused.

Thanks in advance
You dont need to setup. Please wait for a week to 10 days to receive the mailer. Usually it is within a week, but based on the current circumstance it might take upto 10 days.

aviciii

Post by aviciii » Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying, previously when i was on SPass, all Singpass Pin mailer for me and my colleagues has been posted to my employers address instead of my residential address, and by the time we got hold to it the pin has expired. I hope this time the mailer is directed to my residential address.

jun-jie.gan

Post by jun-jie.gan » Wed, 05 Aug 2020 12:13 am

aviciii wrote:
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:46 pm
Thanks for clarifying, previously when i was on SPass, all Singpass Pin mailer for me and my colleagues has been posted to my employers address instead of my residential address, and by the time we got hold to it the pin has expired. I hope this time the mailer is directed to my residential address.
Hi Avicii, did you receive your PIN mailer at your employer's address or your residential address? Just checking if I need to give my employer a heads up.
My first PIN mailer for my EP was sent to office last time as I hadn't found a place to stay yet, it is more likely to be sent to my current residential add ... like our IPA

YugiChala

Post by YugiChala » Wed, 05 Aug 2020 11:28 am

PIN mailer will be sent your residential address. You will first receive a letter stating that your PIN mailer has been posted. In a couple of days following that will be the mail with PIN itself. All to residential address.