Singapore Expats

Appeal for Rejection of Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
varg

Appeal for Rejection of Citizenship

Post by varg » Mon, 06 Apr 2020 2:02 pm

Dear Experts,
thanks a lot for sharing your experience and knowledge about the PR and citizenship application, this is a very useful forum. Please help with the question below. I have been a PR for over 20 year.
My Citizenship application got rejected a couple of months ago, can you please advise what is the process to appeal for the review the application once again. Please advise what are the process, would it be to send an email or to write a letter and post it. Thanks a lot for your advise in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Appeal for Rejection of Citizenship

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Apr 2020 1:20 am

How old are you now?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

varg

Post by varg » Tue, 07 Apr 2020 7:18 am

47 years, family of 3 kids and wife. 1 son 2 daughters all PR's.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Apr 2020 10:16 am

varg wrote:
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 7:18 am
47 years, family of 3 kids and wife. 1 son 2 daughters all PR's.
Can you tell us more about

1. Where are you from?
2. What do you do?
3. Salary
4. Education?

One reason I would say is because, you are not in the prime age of working individual... Just my view and it may be wrong. Example: The PR in other countries has points for age band too...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Apr 2020 1:23 pm

SF, that was precisely the reason my first question was regarding his age. 20 years as a pr and minimum of 21 years old when getting PR would have made him at least somewhere in his mid to late 40's. We all know that while there is nothing "written" about age, anecdotally over the age of 45 makes it hard to even get PR today let alone SGC. At this point, what would be the "draw" to make the government want to give him citizenship? Age? Definitely not as he's nearing the period of life when medical issues start to crop up and harder to find new employment if necessary. That could mean no work and medical expenses that the government would have to heavily subsidize - not the pathetic subsidies we currently get as PRs. 2 sons for NS? No need. They are already PRs and on the hook for NS anyway. We don't know OP's financial level, or Industry at this point so unsure if there would be impact or "lack of" and lastly, OP has not given us his ethnicity which, while he obtained PR, still could impact a SGC application.

varg, could you provide us some further information with regard to some of the issues I broached in the above paragraph?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

varg

Post by varg » Wed, 08 Apr 2020 7:12 am

SF, thanks for your comments, understand age is not on my side. some more info
Indian(i am sure negative)
Tech Executive
300K+
Engineering ...a mistake which i made was not applying earlier i could have easily got it in my earlier years in singapore, during my mid thirties

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Apr 2020 6:18 pm

varg wrote:
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 7:12 am
SF, thanks for your comments, understand age is not on my side. some more info
Indian(i am sure negative)
Tech Executive
300K+
Engineering ...a mistake which i made was not applying earlier i could have easily got it in my earlier years in singapore, during my mid thirties
Age and Ethinicity may not be on your side.