Singapore Expats

DP question - any liability to spouse's employer?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
american1975

DP question - any liability to spouse's employer?

Post by american1975 » Sat, 04 Apr 2020 9:21 am

Hello. My wife is working in Singapore on an EP, and she is in discussion with her employer about applying for a DP for me. This may be the first time her employer is sponsoring a DP, and her employer would like to understand what liabilities the company will have in sponsoring a DP. Does anyone have knowledge on this topic, or could some please point me to a resource where I can find the answer. Much of the information on the web regarding DPs focus on eligibility, the application process, and what you can/cannot do with a DP, but I can't find much on what the liabilities are for the company sponsoring the DP application. Thank you very much.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: DP question - any liability to spouse's employer?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:34 am

The legal liabilities of sponsorship by a company is the same for Dependent Pass holder that they sponsor as it is for the Employment Pass holder on whose pass the Dependent Pass holder would ride on. e.g., the expiry date of the DP would be the same as the EP holder's expiry date. Renewal would also be the same.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

american1975

Re: DP question - any liability to spouse's employer?

Post by american1975 » Sat, 04 Apr 2020 2:15 pm

Many thanks for the reply on this. Will proceed shortly with the DP application and hopefully everything will go smoothly. Thanks again and have a nice weekend.