Singapore Expats Forum

PEP requirements and year end declaration 144K

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
viveknag

PEP requirements and year end declaration 144K

Post by viveknag » Mon, 23 Mar 2020 3:37 am

Hello everyone,
Need your expert advise - thanks for taking time reading the below questions.

1. I live in US and going to apply PEP and expecting PEP IPA to come in June sometime.
2. If i collect my PEP in june and find a job in 2 months, say I get a job in August 2020 with average salary of 12-15k per month. My PEP singapore salary is only 15X4 = 60K SGD only
3. How do I declare my year end salary to Singapore MOM .

Can I show my US salary for the first 6 months + last 4 months Singapore Salary to cover 144K salary requirement for PEP ? I could not see any link in MOM to get the details.

Thanks for your advise
Regards
Vivek

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PEP requirements and year end declaration 144K

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Mar 2020 4:56 pm

viveknag wrote:
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 3:37 am
Hello everyone,
Need your expert advise - thanks for taking time reading the below questions.

1. I live in US and going to apply PEP and expecting PEP IPA to come in June sometime.
2. If i collect my PEP in june and find a job in 2 months, say I get a job in August 2020 with average salary of 12-15k per month. My PEP singapore salary is only 15X4 = 60K SGD only
3. How do I declare my year end salary to Singapore MOM .

Can I show my US salary for the first 6 months + last 4 months Singapore Salary to cover 144K salary requirement for PEP ? I could not see any link in MOM to get the details.

Thanks for your advise
Regards
Vivek

1. They will expect you to earn 72K SGD for 6 months in SG. Even if you work for 4 months in 2020, since you will be staying in SG for 6 months, you should be making atleast 72K SGD.
2. You can do via EPOL. Isn't that too far down the road. Why are you worried now when you have not even secured the PEP yet

viveknag

Post by viveknag » Tue, 24 Mar 2020 3:15 pm

Thanks for your reply... I am giving up US Work visa and moving to singapore due to family reasons , thats the main reason I am keen to know the info much ahead.. Appreciate your inputs

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 1

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 1:30 pm

Make sure you have the IPA (In principle Approval) "In hand" before giving up your US job.