Singapore Expats

Looking for helpful gynecologist w/o attitude

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
Suzysuzy

Looking for helpful gynecologist w/o attitude

Post by Suzysuzy » Sat, 21 Mar 2020 4:02 pm

Hi there, I am looking for a good gynaecologisch to analyse ovarian cysts that thinks along and explains well. I had an experience at Mount Elizabeth that left me startled (Unfortunately my first medical experience in Singapore) - condescending, rude bedside manners and refused to give an explanation when asked... It was like I walked into the 70’s and treated like a 5yr old. Any recommendations are appreciated.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Looking for helpful gynecologist w/o attitude

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 21 Mar 2020 5:55 pm

Suzysuzy wrote:
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 4:02 pm
Hi there, I am looking for a good gynaecologisch to analyse ovarian cysts that thinks along and explains well. I had an experience at Mount Elizabeth that left me startled (Unfortunately my first medical experience in Singapore) - condescending, rude bedside manners and refused to give an explanation when asked... It was like I walked into the 70’s and treated like a 5yr old. Any recommendations are appreciated.
Try seeing Dr Anupriya Agarwal, NUH Singapore

victoriam11

Post by victoriam11 » Thu, 09 Apr 2020 2:17 pm

Hi Suzysuzy,

Writing because I had the exact same experience! Whatever you do please do not go to Pacific Healthcare Dr Suphan.

I also went in regards to cysts, i had recently had surgery in the US for cyst removal and wanted to keep an eye on the situation with a doctor here in SG. She treated me very condescendingly and took no interest in the subject. I visited her 3 times thinking perhaps it was a fluke, but each time I left frustrated and insulted.

Im about to try a new doctor next week, can update if it goes well! Fingers crossed. Agreed that the obgyn experiences I’ve had here have felt like they are from the 70s.

Take care and best of luck!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:22 am

Yeah there are some crap ones around. My wife recommends Ruby Clinic at NUH. There are some good American trained GynoObs there. Also a good local one. If you want names PM me.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:39 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 5:55 pm
Suzysuzy wrote:
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 4:02 pm
Try seeing Dr Anupriya Agarwal, NUH Singapore
This doctor is from the same clinic that PNGMK suggested above in NUH :D

Suzysuzy

Post by Suzysuzy » Sun, 31 May 2020 8:53 am

victoriam11 wrote:
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 2:17 pm
Hi Suzysuzy,

Writing because I had the exact same experience! Whatever you do please do not go to Pacific Healthcare Dr Suphan.

I also went in regards to cysts, i had recently had surgery in the US for cyst removal and wanted to keep an eye on the situation with a doctor here in SG. She treated me very condescendingly and took no interest in the subject. I visited her 3 times thinking perhaps it was a fluke, but each time I left frustrated and insulted.

Im about to try a new doctor next week, can update if it goes well! Fingers crossed. Agreed that the obgyn experiences I’ve had here have felt like they are from the 70s.

Take care and best of luck!
Hi Victoria, thanks for your mssg! Which gynea did you end up with? I tried Anne Haggerty and she was amazing, can recommend to everyone. Now for pregnancy I am looking for one that falls under my Cigna envoy cover.

wongpei78

Post by wongpei78 » Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:59 am

You can also try Dr Christopher Ng (Camden). He's been my gynae since I moved to SG a few months ago. Overall great service. Really nice and friendly doc. :)