LTVP documents

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Jesspatton

LTVP documents

Post by Jesspatton » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 7:02 pm

Hi there,

My boyfriend holds a EP for this year and I have moved over here with him and we are both from Australia.
I am wanting to apply for a LTVP however I am unsure how to do the following...

An affidavit by the work pass holder and their spouse declaring that they are in a common-law relationship recognised under the laws of their home country. The affidavit must also be notarised in their home country.
A letter from the home country's embassy of the work pass holder or spouse acknowledging that they are in a common-law relationship recognised under the laws of their country.

Can I go to the Australian embassy in Singapore and book an appointment for them to complete the letter ? What do we need to prove for this letter.

Thanks for your help

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: LTVP documents

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 9:16 pm

Don't worry about it. The last I hear, you cannot get one from the Australian Embassy. They stopped it several years ago. You are between a rock & hard place as you can only get a Social Visit Pass (which you are currently on) you might be able to extend it once, but after that you may well be shown the door for a period of 6 months or more.

PNGMK, you out there anywhere. You input would be appreciated.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Jesspatton

Post by Jesspatton » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 7:29 am

Oh okay thank you. Do you know how else I can get it ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:47 pm

Nope, unless you can find a job and manage to get a work pass like your de facto has. Otherwise, I believe you are out of luck.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

che_bodoy

Post by che_bodoy » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 1:41 pm

Hi there

Just wondering if you were able to apply for an LTVP in the end and how you were able to obtain the supporting document? Thanks!