Singapore Expats

Impact of corona on EP processing time

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
varunp007

Impact of corona on EP processing time

Post by varunp007 » Tue, 17 Mar 2020 3:49 pm

Hi

I am switching job in Singapore.
Now new EP processing can take more time, and my current company is also putting pressure to relieve early.

In that case can I know how long a new EP with a new company will take for approval?

I have been working since 2011 in Singapore software industry, however in OpenText profile. New job I am getting is in banking in java profile, which may add another factor in the EP approval.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Impact of corona on EP processing time

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 18 Mar 2020 7:19 pm

varunp007 wrote:
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 3:49 pm
Hi

I am switching job in Singapore.
Now new EP processing can take more time, and my current company is also putting pressure to relieve early.

In that case can I know how long a new EP with a new company will take for approval?

I have been working since 2011 in Singapore software industry, however in OpenText profile. New job I am getting is in banking in java profile, which may add another factor in the EP approval.
No one can predict this that too in the current situation. Dont you have a notice period with your current company? How can they force you to get relieved earlier? Unless they pay you for that period too and cancel your current EP?

Even then you will have a 30 days short term visit pass with which you can stay in SG. But the STVP has no relation/bearing on your new EP application.

varunp007

Post by varunp007 » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 12:20 pm

I had official notice of 30 days.
But I had given a notice of 60 days, as my contract was expiring in 75 days.
Initially my boss had accepted in fact he insisted that it would have been better to complete 75 - 90 days. Later he cut it short as they have to cut costs due to COVID situation.

So no choice had to accept cutting short of notice.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 1:16 pm

varunp007 wrote:
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 12:20 pm
I had official notice of 30 days.
But I had given a notice of 60 days, as my contract was expiring in 75 days.
Initially my boss had accepted in fact he insisted that it would have been better to complete 75 - 90 days. Later he cut it short as they have to cut costs due to COVID situation.

So no choice had to accept cutting short of notice.
Whatever is there in the written contract is the only that you should be following. Anything out of the written contract has to be mutually agreed in writing to enforce it. Else, it can be considered as a valid agreement/contract.