Singapore Expats

Traveller note: COVID 19 : Stay home notice for All travellers travelling from ASEAN, Japan, UK, Switzerland

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Traveller note: COVID 19 : Stay home notice for All travellers travelling from ASEAN, Japan, UK, Switzerland

Post by abbby » Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:39 am

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Traveller note: COVID 19 : Stay home notice for All travellers travelling from ASEAN, Japan, UK, Switzerland

Post by bgd » Mon, 16 Mar 2020 2:08 pm

I have friends who are in Bali and they would make the cut off by 20 mins, until their flight was delayed by an hour. Flying to KL and traveling overland apparently doesn't work either. They are now resigned to self isolating for 14 days.

If it was me I would simply stay in Bali.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Re: Traveller note: COVID 19 : Stay home notice for All travellers travelling from ASEAN, Japan, UK, Switzerland

Post by abbby » Mon, 16 Mar 2020 6:20 pm

The cut off time is tonight 11.59pm..think they still have time?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Mar 2020 8:55 pm

bgd indicated that their flight was delayed by an hour. Had the flight departed on time they would have landed here 20 minutes before the cutoff.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 17 Mar 2020 1:18 pm

I would have been caught in this one but fortunately cancelled the trip to the UK altogether. Interesting times.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 17 Mar 2020 2:04 pm

I have another friend who is walking around with a big smile, his wife's relatives are no longer coming. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Mar 2020 8:40 pm

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 8:53 am

All visitors of any type now to Singapore have a mandatory stay at home applied.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 11:11 am

The next step will be full border closure. Of course if the airlines stop flying, like Qantas just has, it won't matter, no one will be able to travel.

I feel for people trying to get home, there are some horror stories in the press. Probably best to ride it out wherever you have ended up.

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 2:48 pm

so ....... if Sg airport is shut (+ferry) then you become over-stayer ?

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 3:15 pm

bgd wrote:
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 2:04 pm
I have another friend who is walking around with a big smile, his wife's relatives are no longer coming. :D
:lol: :lol:

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by MikeJones » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 3:29 pm

martincymru wrote:
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 2:48 pm
so ....... if Sg airport is shut (+ferry) then you become over-stayer ?
I'm guessing if that happens the govt. will need to do some sort of temporary visa extensions, they're talking about the same in Thailand at the moment https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/ea ... s#cxrecs_s