Singapore Expats

Likelihood of success PR application for my fiancee

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LimCheeHao

Likelihood of success PR application for my fiancee

Post by LimCheeHao » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 12:25 pm

Hi. I am a Singapore citizen. My fiancee is a Chinese national. We've decided that we want to get a BTO HDB apartment together recently, but found out that my fiancee can only be an occupier, and not a co-owner of the HDB, as along as she is not a PR or Citizen. Since she will be paying her share, that's not acceptable to her. We're now trying to get her a PR. What are her likelihood of succes?

Nationality: China
Position: Accounts associate
Income: 34k per annum
Education: NUS masters. She will also obtain CPA Australia, come June this year.
Length of stay: 6yrs. First 5 years was consecutive(3 years study, 2 years work). Then she went home for about 6 mths, before coming back recently. She's been back in SG for 6mths now.
No PR application history

Also, her employer has refused to provide Annex A for the application.
What can i do to help improve her chances?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Likelihood of success PR application for my fiancee

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 2:08 pm

Why did she return to China for 6 months? Her time here will only start from 6 months ago. What happened in the past, for PR purposes, is in the past and will not count as she left to go home. So you will need to wait at least 2 more years after she has renewed her work pass the first time. I think you are going to have a hard journey ahead of you, if you want to know the honest truth. Why haven't you married yet? The longer you put that off, the longer it is going to be.

If you are Singaporean citizen, you already know how the government feels about PRC brides as so many have married local guys in order to get something (an escape, a name on a flat so they get half during the divorce, so many guys have been shafted). Here you are talking about buying a BTO before you have even gotten married (this is not like a local marriage where that become the proposal) It's a bit different marrying a foreigner. It is going to be a couple of years minimum before she will get PR.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers