Singapore Expats

Unfair

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
neo-mushi.neo

Unfair

Post by neo-mushi.neo » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 1:43 pm

Hi all I'm vykers from Malaysian and work as carpenter, I been cheated by my boss that ask me to work and work permit is already apply cuz he job very rush. And no pay my overtime 18 hour. Dismiss me with stupid reason. So what I can do now?. More my wife is pregnant and due date almost reach, so pls some 1 help me.
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Sorry for this.....I hit edit instead of quote - didn't realize it.

If I read you correctly, you have been working for an employer here without any work permit. If I were you, I'd keep my mouth firmly shut because if the MOM finds out you will be barred from Singapore permanently (if they don't throw you in jail as an illegal worker). You cannot work without a work permit. If you did, you are as guilty as the employer is. I think it's called "aiding and abetting".

If your work permit was not yet issued (even if it was applied for) unless MOM gave the employer written permission to let you start working immediately, you were working illegally in Singapore.

If, on the other hand, your work permit was issued (in your hand), then you can make a complaint directly to the MOM. As far as your wife is concerned, you might need to see Dr. M about that.

neo-mushi.neo

Re: Unfair

Post by neo-mushi.neo » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 6:56 pm

Mean I been lie like this also can't do anything?
He ask me to work and say don't worry about work permit but in the end he dint help me apply the work permit and fire me without a reason even overtime also don't give me. So is this Singapore Law?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:01 pm

Issue is on both the sides. You starting working without seeing the approval letter from MOM and he asking you to work, without approval from MOM. Fault is there, equally on both the sides.

First of all your job is invalid, without the approval letter from MOM.So, Im not sure what you mean by he dismissed you.

How long did you work like this?

neo-mushi.neo

Post by neo-mushi.neo » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:11 pm

Dismiss me mean after I'm help him done the project then he fire me and my overtime money 18 hour around 400 also no give me

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:20 pm

neo-mushi.neo wrote:
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:11 pm
Dismiss me mean after I'm help him done the project then he fire me and my overtime money 18 hour around 400 also no give me
What both of you have done is illegal and punishable. So, you cannot legally demand payment for the work done. Sorry to say this,but feel bad for you

neo-mushi.neo

Post by neo-mushi.neo » Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:35 pm

Haiz... What ever so thank you