Singapore Expats

Skincare that actually works

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
hellocurve

Re: Skincare that actually works

Post by hellocurve » Fri, 13 Mar 2020 6:26 pm

Hey, I think those from Sukin is pretty good as a general skin care. Plus it's a totally organic brand and it's from Australia so I'm sure they live up to their organic promise. I have been using them since August 2018 and people have been commenting that I have great skin ever since. I feel great every time I use their products, plus they smell so good! They only use organic ingredients like aloe vera so there's no harm to the skin! Also the price is affordable. Their small bottle of night cream lasts me for months on end! Maybe 4-5 months. You can get it from iHerb.com (free shipping to Singapore with low minimum order) or Guardian. They stock the brand! Anyways if you are thinking of removing lines, I have been doing research. Retinol seems to be the miracle product you are looking for. Many major brands are selling eye creams with Retinol. It's supposed to help based on medical research. You can do your research on that! If you want a natural way of removing spots try using pure aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves or rose hip oil, both have been mentioned for their natural abilities to remove spots. I hope this helps you! Otherwise feel free to discuss and share your concerns. I am here to help you sister!

Spanisheyes

Post by Spanisheyes » Mon, 23 Mar 2020 5:40 pm

Might try it.. hope it works on sensitive skin :)

jennlimm

Post by jennlimm » Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:43 pm

I looooove Sukin! I feel like the natural ingredients help to soothe my sensitive skin. I usually get it from Shopee, cause you can use vouchers and get discounts hehehe
{sanitized by moderator}

Spanisheyes

Post by Spanisheyes » Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks for sharing the link.. very helpful!

vanessateo

Post by vanessateo » Fri, 14 Aug 2020 3:35 pm

Hello!

I'm expecting soon and are becoming more aware about ingredients which may be harmful to us such as sulphates, phthalates, talc, etc. I'm looking for a platform which sells clean beauty products, which I can browse through for options and swap my current products with.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Mon, 17 Aug 2020 4:07 pm

Sadly seems like most products have harmful ingredients like sulphates. Have a read on their ingredient list and it's frightening. Without sulphates, the texture is quite flat though..no foam.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)