Singapore Expats

What if candidate doesn't want to continue to work in SG after getting the EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Andyandy

What if candidate doesn't want to continue to work in SG after getting the EP

Post by Andyandy » Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to ask something about EP Singapore.
I got job in Singapore and have submit EP. But after EP approved I don't want to work in Singapore anymore because of personal reason.
So, what will happen to me if I cancel my aggreement to that company? Will I be banned by company and MOM?

Best Regards,

Andy

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: What if candidate doesn't want to continue to work in SG after getting the EP

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 11 Feb 2020 8:21 am

No you won't.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: What if candidate doesn't want to continue to work in SG after getting the EP

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:24 pm

Andyandy wrote:
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I got job in Singapore and have submit EP. But after EP approved I don't want to work in Singapore anymore because of personal reason.
So, what will happen to me if I cancel my aggreement to that company? Will I be banned by company and MOM?

Best Regards,

Andy
Read your offer letter. If it says that you sign and EP is approved and you fail to join, is there any penalty clause?

If you dont join, the employer if they want, can inform the MOM of your behaviour of not joining after EP approved. This MAY impact your future EP applications.

Andyandy

Post by Andyandy » Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:28 pm

Hi Singaporeflyer,

But, I am not sign offer letter yet to that company.
I just submit EP, after EP approved I will sign offer letter. How about it?

Andyandy

Post by Andyandy » Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:45 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:24 pm
Andyandy wrote:
Hi everyone,

Best Regards,

Andy
Read your offer letter. If it says that you sign and EP is approved and you fail to join, is there any penalty clause?

If you dont join, the employer if they want, can inform the MOM of your behaviour of not joining after EP approved. This MAY impact your future EP applications.
Hi Singaporeflyer,

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:20 pm

first get your story together. are you trying to write some speculative bs or what are you trying to ask?

and how did you submit the EP? that's the employer's task to do, not yours.

I am also pretty sure will not become an offer letter any time soon, that would require a Kafkaesque metamorphosis.

But for the original question, what would the company ban you from? entry to Singapore?

Most likely they wouldn't hire you later if you committed to something and just changed your mind. You don't sound that reliable for the future hiring, just common sense. Obviously if you have the common sense to explain your reasons, such as you are afraid to move to Singapore at the moment due to corona virus situation, but would be interested later. that is a different situation altogether. but I guess anyone with common sense would understand that.

MOM for EP unlikely to impact, if it is one time, but of course you never know for sure.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:50 pm

Andyandy wrote:
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:45 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:24 pm
Andyandy wrote:
Hi everyone,

Best Regards,

Andy

Hi Singaporeflyer,

Unless you sign or give an email confirmation that you will join, the company wont apply for EP.

Do you mean to say the employer applied for EP without you confirming that you are willing to join the company?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Feb 2020 1:02 am

Sounds like he's more of an uneducated WP worker to me rather than an educated EP PMET.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers