Singapore Expats

Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
macaronjunkie

Re: Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Post by macaronjunkie » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:42 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:35 am
macaronjunkie wrote:
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 10:27 am
Me too about 14 months now. Was just thinking if any avenue to check or expedite? Anyone tried meet MP... Do they even help in such matters?
aprilmood wrote:
Sat, 08 Feb 2020 12:12 am
How long has your citizenship application been pending? Mine 14 months already. Unlikely anyone will be longer than mine...

One more questions: does anyone know if it's true that the longer the wait, the higher the chance that it won't be a reject? Does anyone know of anybody who was being turned down after, say, 22-24 months of wait?
I did try the meet my mp route to appeal my PR rejection a few years ago. The mp appealed and it reopened my application. However, it was rejected shortly after. As far as I know, this option is available only if the person appealing is a citizen. In my case my wife who is a citizen appealed on my behalf.
Oh yes, i attempted to attend a meet MP session recently but was told only citizen can register for the session. Don't know what what i can do
I thought our profile is pretty favourable but unfortunately the wait is still long 😅 🤞

You didn't go through sponsor route?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Post by smoulder » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:55 pm

You didn't go through sponsor route?
I don't recall if it was the sponsor route for the original application or professional talent (whatever that other scheme is called).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 1:18 pm

It's either PTS (Professional/Technical Scheme) or Family Ties. Regardless of the type of application, it will be a 6 to 24 month wait (lately a lot between 12 and 24 months) The length of the wait is not an indication of either approval or rejection, it is just what it is. Processing and fact checking. Nothing you can do to speed it up, but you can slow it down by badgering ICA incessantly, so keep that in mind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 6:44 pm

macaronjunkie wrote:
Me too about 14 months now. Was just thinking if any avenue to check or expedite? Anyone tried meet MP... Do they even help in such matters?
aprilmood wrote:
How long has your citizenship application been pending? Mine 14 months already. Unlikely anyone will be longer than mine...

One more questions: does anyone know if it's true that the longer the wait, the higher the chance that it won't be a reject? Does anyone know of anybody who was being turned down after, say, 22-24 months of wait?

If you want you can expedite it, show that you are desperate and get it rejected. Is it ok?

Crimson836

Post by Crimson836 » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 8:42 pm

I am wondering what my chances are based on profile below if anyone can comment please:

Me: Msian Pr (Pr gotten Jan 2011)
Wife: Msian Pr(gotten May 2019)
Me Salary:4.4k per month
Wife: 2k
Apply last year through online, Aug 2019
(just change job at this time as well but submitted with confirmation staff letter)
Current status: pending
No child at the moment.
Apply only for self as wife just gotten her pr at that time.

Any comment please?
Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 9:35 pm

You have a long wait. Currently could take up to 24 months. But having said that, I am assuming you are Malaysian Chinese, and if I am correct. It will probably be approved, but how long is the question. How long is a piece of string? 12 to 24 months (duration of time is not any indication of approval or rejection from the data we have collected here). You will probably be okay but you are going to have to wait it out.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:12 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 6:44 pm
macaronjunkie wrote:
aprilmood wrote:

If you want you can expedite it, show that you are desperate and get it rejected. Is it ok?
Oh wow is this the kind of sarcasm support we get in this community

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:15 pm

smoulder wrote:
macaronjunkie wrote:
aprilmood wrote:

I did try the meet my mp route to appeal my PR rejection a few years ago. The mp appealed and it reopened my application. However, it was rejected shortly after. As far as I know, this option is available only if the person appealing is a citizen. In my case my wife who is a citizen appealed on my behalf.
Oic thanks for sharing your experience!

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:15 pm

smoulder wrote:
macaronjunkie wrote:
aprilmood wrote:

Oic thanks for sharing your experience!

Crimson836

Post by Crimson836 » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 7:54 pm

Woah... Thanks for the reply.
Seems that it is gonna be a long wait.
What happens if I submitted new supporting documents?
Will there be extension of the dateline?

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 10:22 pm

It will take approximately, wait for it........How long is a piece of string?

Crimson836

Post by Crimson836 » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 9:42 pm

Hi,
Noted and thanks for the reply.
Guess I can do nothing except waiting.

aprilmood

Post by aprilmood » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:22 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:27 pm
aprilmood wrote:
Sun, 09 Feb 2020 8:40 pm
Longer wait does not have any impact on the application result. It might be like many applications in the queue? or takes time to validate your credentials? etc

Yes, there are cases which have been turned down after 2 years? Will this help you?
I just got my AIP this week, and completed my e-journey! Thanks so much for all of you guys' kind reply which I'm sure brought me luck in some way.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Fri, 28 Feb 2020 1:45 pm

Dear Aprilmood - Wising you all the best. You have stated that you got AIP in the last week of Feb 2020. Can you (for the sake of all those who are in waiting), reveal the following details. 1) When you applied ( in the Physical submission mode or Electronic mode ...), 2) How much time totally it took to get AIP. 3)Did you get AIP letter first and then the status was updated 4) Your origin (if you dont feel otherwise) 5) HOw many years you are PR holder 6) Did you apply for your own self or (if family is there) along with family also [for all]. 7) Is there any special reason which gave you an advantage over others [this is just to know how our case will be dealt with].

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Fri, 28 Feb 2020 1:47 pm

aprilmood wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:22 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:27 pm
aprilmood wrote:
Sun, 09 Feb 2020 8:40 pm
Longer wait does not have any impact on the application result. It might be like many applications in the queue? or takes time to validate your credentials? etc

Yes, there are cases which have been turned down after 2 years? Will this help you?
I just got my AIP this week, and completed my e-journey! Thanks so much for all of you guys' kind reply which I'm sure brought me luck in some way.
Congrats!! Happy for you.
After reading your post, I login to check on my status 😂 just in case