Singapore Expats

Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
macaronjunkie

Re: Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Post by macaronjunkie » Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:19 am

aprilmood wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:22 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 3:27 pm
aprilmood wrote:
Sun, 09 Feb 2020 8:40 pm
One more questions: does anyone know if it's true that the longer the wait, the higher the chance that it won't be a reject? Does anyone know of anybody who was being turned down after, say, 22-24 months of wait?
Longer wait does not have any impact on the application result. It might be like many applications in the queue? or takes time to validate your credentials? etc

Yes, there are cases which have been turned down after 2 years? Will this help you?
I just got my AIP this week, and completed my e-journey! Thanks so much for all of you guys' kind reply which I'm sure brought me luck in some way.
Just received my AIP this week! Can check if you were able to do the community sharing & visit required given the current covid condition?

RP1

Re: Anyone applied for citizenship but is still pending? How long have you been waiting?

Post by RP1 » Tue, 07 Apr 2020 12:19 am

macaronjunkie wrote:
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:19 am
Just received my AIP this week! Can check if you were able to do the community sharing & visit required given the current covid condition?
Congrats!! I don't think community sharing or experiential tour requirement will be waived.

I had received AIP in mid-late Feb. Managed to do experiential tour, but community sharing session that was open for registration in my area was only in Apr which got canceled due to covid. Deadline for completion has been extended. Realistically, will have to wait for another couple of months or more I guess.

For those looking for my profile :
Education : Postgrad from a local univ
Race : Indian
Salary : 1xx,xxx per annum
Citizenship application sponsored by SC spouse with a somewhat similar profile.
PR (PTS) for 5 years+ now. Was on EP and student pass for a total of 9 years+.
Applied online mid 2018, submitted docs (interview) late 2018. Had an SC baby 1 year after that.

redarajesh

Post by redarajesh » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 3:29 pm

Am I breaking records with waiting time for Citizenship application? Pending for 25 months, since Feb 2019!!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 5:19 pm

You are one month over the longest I've seen. But who's to say. What we know is what we see on here. We are only the tip of the iceberg.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RajaSC

Post by RajaSC » Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:47 pm

redarajesh wrote:
Thu, 18 Mar 2021 3:29 pm
Am I breaking records with waiting time for Citizenship application? Pending for 25 months, since Feb 2019!!!
Are you still waiting? I have also applied in Feb 2019 still pending

snehalnagar

Post by snehalnagar » Tue, 19 Oct 2021 8:38 pm

Applied in April 2020... still awaiting results..

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:49 am

Applied online on 30 Oct 2019 and still waiting. Completing 2 years in the next week. The wait is getting longer and longer.

Shrren

Post by Shrren » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 1:32 pm

Applied July 2019, still waiting…

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 2:11 pm

Shrren wrote:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 1:32 pm
Applied July 2019, still waiting…
You will get it

fabulouswife90

Post by fabulouswife90 » Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:41 pm

Hi, i’ve applied for SC in March 2020. After 20months finally on the main page the status reflected as Approved on 15 Nov. However when i click on the check status link (Page with Application list & uploading of documents) it’s still pending. What does this mean??? Confused mode. :???:

Anyway just to share my background - currently a PR since born, early 30s, diploma & still living with parents (BTO ready in 2023). Apparently, on 14 Nov after i uploaded additional documents of my new foreign passport that i’ve just renewed last month, new job offer letter with first payslip (changed job last month), my husband’s (SC & sponsor) 6 months payslip at new employer (he worked only for 1 year) and my baby’s (SC) birth cert (gave birth in Oct 20) - i received an email enquiry from ICA the next day asking about whether me & my spouse are living together asking for an explanation why our current registered addresses (parents’) are different. Told them we’re still waiting for our BTO to complete in 2023 and got a reply that they are in the final stages of processing my application. The next day the status of my application reflected as approved on the main page.
Last edited by fabulouswife90 on Wed, 17 Nov 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:24 am

It's approved. Don't worry. Wait for a week.

fabulouswife90

Post by fabulouswife90 » Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:25 am

Thanks for the assurance!!! 🙏🏼

fabulouswife90

Post by fabulouswife90 » Wed, 17 Nov 2021 9:24 pm

Yay! I’ve received the AIP letter attachment this morning when i logon to MyICA to check on the status again. :D

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:05 pm

At my workplace, there’s a minority race attendant in his 50s who said his SC application has been pending for 3 years… I don’t know if it’s actually 2 years+ and he rounded it up to 3 years but if it’s really 3 years, that’s the longest I’ve heard so far.