Singapore Expats Forum

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
simple_guy

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 18 Nov 2020 7:19 pm

Hi
looking for your advise pls. I got a response asking for family CV. I just realized that for my family member who is housewife(not working) I had put information as "Home-Houseworker". I think it should be 'Others-Not economically Active"? Do you suggest me to get it corrected or just providing correct info in Family CV will be enough?

Pls. suggest.

LitecoinSingapore

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Sat, 21 Nov 2020 11:02 am

Hi everyone,

Would love to get your thoughts on my PR application chances.

Submitted September 2019, currently pending

Race: Chinese-Filipino with proof highlighted below
Nationality: Applying as an American, also declared having a Filipino passport. Natural citizen for both
Marital Status: Married
Education: MBA from a US school
Job: Big Tech (Cloud) as a Financial Controller. Transferred from the US office
Length of stay in Singapore: 2 years as of today. 10 months during application
Salary:128k basic, 150k with bonus
Pass: Employment Pass

Wife/Spouse
- Not included in the application as I was 1 month married during the time of application and she was changing name in her documents
- Spouse now on DP
Age 33
Race: Chinese-Filipino
Nationality: American, Filipino
Education: MBA from a US school
Job: Currently looking in Singapore

Update from Nov 18.
ICA asking for proof of Chinese ancestry and 6 months paycheck.
- Provided Grandfather's Taiwanese passport. To establish a link, mother's birth certificate and my birth certificate
- Mother's birth certificate from the Philippines also indicates our ancestry in Chinese. My birth certificate is from the US so there's no mention of ethnicity.
- Provided DNA report from WeGene (Chinese genetic company) indicating that I am 90% of Chinese ancestry
- Provided 6 months pay check

Hoping for a turn around by end of year. Thanks in advance

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:04 pm

LitecoinSingapore wrote:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 11:02 am

- Provided DNA report from WeGene (Chinese genetic company) indicating that I am 90% of Chinese ancestry
Did you do this for the PR application?

LitecoinSingapore

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:38 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:04 pm
LitecoinSingapore wrote:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 11:02 am

Did you do this for the PR application?

EDITED: I just re-read your question. I did not do this just for the PR application. I did it when the DNA test was on sale a few years ago. It was USD $80 I believe at that time.

For the submission, I attached a PDF that had the Taiwanese passport of my grandfather, our birth certificates and a one page DNA result summary. I hope this is enough.
Last edited by LitecoinSingapore on Sat, 21 Nov 2020 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

farhadur2002

Post by farhadur2002 » Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:52 pm

i also apply PR application for my wife and son on 4th july 2020, still pending
My son born here and next year going to primary school and wife LTV pass holder and still working at least 6 years already in same company
This my i think 5 or 6 time PR application for my wife and 2 times for my son
All rejected - But last reject letter Informed us submit new application after 6 month and i did on 4th july 2020
I stay singapore going to be 17 years and i get PR 2008 going to be 13 13 years
Any idea this time my wife and son pr application chances ? approved or reject
pls reply ASAP

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 21 Nov 2020 4:14 pm

farhadur2002 wrote:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:52 pm
i also apply PR application for my wife and son on 4th july 2020, still pending
My son born here and next year going to primary school and wife LTV pass holder and still working at least 6 years already in same company
This my i think 5 or 6 time PR application for my wife and 2 times for my son
All rejected - But last reject letter Informed us submit new application after 6 month and i did on 4th july 2020
I stay singapore going to be 17 years and i get PR 2008 going to be 13 13 years
Any idea this time my wife and son pr application chances ? approved or reject
pls reply ASAP
where are you from and where is your spouse from?

what do you work as?

simple_guy

Post by simple_guy » Mon, 23 Nov 2020 6:26 pm

Just trying to post here again here in the hope that I would get a positive response. Can anyone help me family CV related info required to process PR. I can send my question here or directly.
Thanks

singdream21

Post by singdream21 » Thu, 26 Nov 2020 11:54 pm

Hello,

I came across this forum. It's very helpful. Thank you to the people who are answering here. I am thinking of applying for PR. My details are as follows -

Male, 44 yrs
In Singapore since 1.3 years with same company
Occupation: Senior level management, managing Asia Pacific marketing and innovation. Also managing an innovation centre
Industry: Manufacturing (chemicals / materials)
Total experience: 21 years (5 yrs in USA, 15 yrs in India with several short stints in Germany, last 1+ yr in Singapore)
Education: Bachelor's in Engineering and MBA both from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (Considered Top Tier university globally)
Compensation: Basic: SGD 275+k
Ethnicity: Indian
Wife: Housewife, 42 yrs, Bachelor of Science from India
Kids: 2 boys, 13 and 8 yr old

Will appreciate to get input on chances for PR at this stage

Thank you and Warm Regards.

lc.taiesther

Post by lc.taiesther » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:50 am

Hi, I am going to submit my pr application by this month. Appreciate if anyone can give me some tips and also rate my success for pr approval.

Applicant:
35 years old, Malaysian Chinese, Masters degree in accountancy from USA University, been working about 5+ years as Senior Business Development Manager, basic 6000 but total salary will be about 200k per year with commission and bonus.

My husband is from Belgium, currently under dependent pass, and he has his own business at Belgium but he is also employed as business consultant from one company in Singapore, salary is 1700 per month for advisory work. I don't include him (or I should?) because he will mostly fly in and out for his business matters.

We recently have a baby boy, only 6 months old,born in Malaysia. Am not including him in the application (or I should?) because he is staying with my family at Johor.

I am thinking if I apply myself only will have higher chance... Hope there is some advice for me.. Many thanks

I did apply once together with my spouse in 2017 (where we only worked less than 2 years) and got rejected.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:00 pm

singdream21 wrote:
Thu, 26 Nov 2020 11:54 pm
Hello,

I came across this forum. It's very helpful. Thank you to the people who are answering here. I am thinking of applying for PR. My details are as follows -

Male, 44 yrs
In Singapore since 1.3 years with same company
Occupation: Senior level management, managing Asia Pacific marketing and innovation. Also managing an innovation centre
Industry: Manufacturing (chemicals / materials)
Total experience: 21 years (5 yrs in USA, 15 yrs in India with several short stints in Germany, last 1+ yr in Singapore)
Education: Bachelor's in Engineering and MBA both from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (Considered Top Tier university globally)
Compensation: Basic: SGD 275+k
Ethnicity: Indian
Wife: Housewife, 42 yrs, Bachelor of Science from India
Kids: 2 boys, 13 and 8 yr old

Will appreciate to get input on chances for PR at this stage

Thank you and Warm Regards.
I would say very low chances.
Your ethnicity is against you. There are a lot of your cohort applying.
Your length in Singapore is very short - not even 2 years (experience in other countries is only relevant if you are in a high demand field as promoted by the government - FinTech/BioTech etc)
Your age is against you - anecdotal evidence is that people above the age of 40 will have dramatically lower chances. By the time your result is issued you will likely be be in your late 40s.
Your wife is not working, so is not contributing to the Singapore economy.

Are your kids in local (gov) school or private school?

This is just an assessment from what you've given here. I would say that you are earning good sum of money, so just apply (application fee is around $120 so it's not a lot). Just don't be surprised if you are rejected.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:04 pm

lc.taiesther wrote:
Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:50 am
Hi, I am going to submit my pr application by this month. Appreciate if anyone can give me some tips and also rate my success for pr approval.

Applicant:
35 years old, Malaysian Chinese, Masters degree in accountancy from USA University, been working about 5+ years as Senior Business Development Manager, basic 6000 but total salary will be about 200k per year with commission and bonus.

My husband is from Belgium, currently under dependent pass, and he has his own business at Belgium but he is also employed as business consultant from one company in Singapore, salary is 1700 per month for advisory work. I don't include him (or I should?) because he will mostly fly in and out for his business matters.

We recently have a baby boy, only 6 months old,born in Malaysia. Am not including him in the application (or I should?) because he is staying with my family at Johor.

I am thinking if I apply myself only will have higher chance... Hope there is some advice for me.. Many thanks

I did apply once together with my spouse in 2017 (where we only worked less than 2 years) and got rejected.
I will ignore everything else other than this one thing : "We recently have a baby boy, only 6 months old,born in Malaysia. Am not including him in the application (or I should?) because he is staying with my family at Johor."

If the government knows you have a son, and you aren't putting him on the form, then they will almost certainly reject you.

lc.taiesther

Post by lc.taiesther » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks for your advise. So should I include me and my son only? Or together with my husband?

My husband is not always physically reside in Singapore and come to the point the salary he receives in Singapore is consider low which is 1700 per month. Or I should support his document where he has a company in Belgium?

JSM1998

Post by JSM1998 » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:56 pm

q
Last edited by JSM1998 on Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSM1998

Post by JSM1998 » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 2:57 pm

Hey guys,

Seen some very helpful posts here! Just wanted to check with the experts about my chances of getting a PR and how I can improve the odds. Here's my profile:

Race: Indian
Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering from NUS [With a MOE Tuition Grant of 70%]
Time in Singapore: 4.5 years ++ [Came here for Uni when I was 18, been working for 6 months now]

Salary: Base ~$50K + bonus
Industry: Biotech/Scientific Equipment R&D (in an MNC)

I'm currently serving a 3 year work bond in Singapore as a part of my scholarship. I've worked for 6 months and plan to apply for a PR sometime mid-next year, after my tax assessment. Don't know how much it helps but I speak professionally fluent Chinese, enough for me to liaise with suppliers and order lunch at a hawker center :)

I know it used to be simple for local Uni grads to get a PR here before 2010, but not very sure now. Is there any local Uni grad who's had their PR approved recently?