Singapore Expats Forum

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lslsnoopy

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lslsnoopy » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 7:15 pm

Hi, SF

Just an update to you, I and my husband PR application get approved. Thank you very much on you advice.

tush222

Post by tush222 » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 8:34 pm

Congratulations!
may i know when did u apply?
have u applied through an agent?

Thanks
Tushar

Lslsnoopy

Post by Lslsnoopy » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 9:41 pm

Hi tush

I applied on Apr 12, 2020 .
Nope, I applied not through an agent.

Thank you 😊

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:59 pm

Lslsnoopy wrote:
Sat, 31 Oct 2020 7:15 pm
Hi, SF

Just an update to you, I and my husband PR application get approved. Thank you very much on you advice.
Congrats

sksha

Post by sksha » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 12:27 pm

hi,
I had made an application along with my family in early March. I received an email a day ago asking for additional documents pertaining to "Official name change documents for my child".

My child is born in Singapore, and has never had any name change. The only difference is that his birth-certificate has our last name and his first name, whereas passport and DP has lastname, first name, father's name. Rest everything including spelling is the same.

Hence, I am not really sure what documents they are seeking.

I have dropped them an email stating the above and asking clarification, but just would like to find out from the community and experts here if anyone have had similar experience/ has any idea? Any help would be much appreciated

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 1

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:10 pm

You will, in all probability, have to do a deed poll to create an alias for your son because you added additional words on the passport. Birth Certificate and passport/dP need to match. Else you need a deed poll to legally change it or to add an alias.

sksha

Post by sksha » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:10 pm
You will, in all probability, have to do a deed poll to create an alias for your son because you added additional words on the passport. Birth Certificate and passport/dP need to match. Else you need a deed poll to legally change it or to add an alias.
Thanks. The name on passport is as per the nomenclature followed by my home country. It is the same case for my and my spouse name, but strangely we weren't asked for this document.
Guess if that is what is needed, will get it done. Any idea on the process or time taken? As I have 2 weeks to respond back to ICA as per their letter

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:43 pm

It's a pretty easy process and should only take a day. You need to see a lawyer to have the deed poll set up properly. My Bro-in-Law did one years ago as his Indian name and his stage name were different. His cheques and contracts were always in his stage name (Name shortened and anglicised for easy recognition) which made banking a PITA as his bank accounts were based on his NRIC/Passport. He was pretty popular in the region back in the 1970~90's with a band called the Western Union Band.

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-ar ... 20presence.

sksha

Post by sksha » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 3:01 pm

Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:43 pm
It's a pretty easy process and should only take a day. You need to see a lawyer to have the deed poll set up properly. My Bro-in-Law did one years ago as his Indian name and his stage name were different. His cheques and contracts were always in his stage name (Name shortened and anglicised for easy recognition) which made banking a PITA as his bank accounts were based on his NRIC/Passport. He was pretty popular in the region back in the 1970~90's with a band called the Western Union Band.

Superb, I think I will get it done assuming that is what is necessary. Will explain the situation to the lawyer and hopefully they too might be able to guide/confirm the hypothesis you have presented.

BTW, should I consider the fact they are asking for this information as a good sign for my application? Or does it mean nothing as yet

Newnew88

Post by Newnew88 » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:17 pm

Hi all, can anyone chance my approval rate?
Applied in Sept 2020,1st application.

Race: Chinese
Religion:Buddhist
Nationality: Malaysian
Marital status: Single
Industry:Education
Work pass:S pass
Society contribution: Full service for 4 years with testimonial
Length in Singapore: 9 years
Annual salary:$35k
Education:Diploma

Thank you so much in advance

the observer
Chatter
Chatter

Post by the observer » Mon, 02 Nov 2020 7:03 am

Can someone just put a sticky that Malaysian chinese with a degree, under 40 need not worry abt PR chances. Almost a given unless you have a criminal record.

sksha

Post by sksha » Mon, 02 Nov 2020 12:32 pm

Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:43 pm

Thanks SMS for the guidance. I also called up and spoke with ICA. They person on the call informed me to put this in a letter and clarify that this is only a format difference and not actual name change, and submit it. If they still need additional information/documentation they will let me know.

Also, spoke with few lawyers and they informed that since Deed Poll cannot be back-dated, I will need to execute Statutory declaration instead of Deed Poll, though one lawyer mentioned I will need both.

For now, just waiting for ICA to respond if they need anything, and based on their response will take the next steps if needed. Keeping fingers crossed that this works out.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Nov 2020 1:15 pm

At least now you are on the right track. Just a temporary siding on the journey. Shouldn't be any problem other than it adding an additional step due to bureaucracy.

ferth

Post by ferth » Tue, 03 Nov 2020 11:05 am

Hi. i hope experts here can help me.
my PR application has been pending for more than 10months. applied in dec 2019. my wife has got her singapore citizen approved recently and she has got her temp IC. Do I need to inform ICA that my wife is a singaporean now? should I? my application is not sponsored, I applied myself as Iam holding Spass.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Nov 2020 11:45 am

ferth wrote:
Tue, 03 Nov 2020 11:05 am
Hi. i hope experts here can help me.
my PR application has been pending for more than 10months. applied in dec 2019. my wife has got her singapore citizen approved recently and she has got her temp IC. Do I need to inform ICA that my wife is a singaporean now? should I? my application is not sponsored, I applied myself as Iam holding Spass.
ICA will know about ur wife immigration status. not to worry. Since your application is not sponsored by her, not to worry.

In case if it rejected, wait for 1 year and reapply with her as the sponsor.