PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:18 am

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:00 am
Hi All,
I would like to know our chances of getting PR

My husband's Profile
Ethnicity: Indian
Age:30
Education: BE in India (Masters in Electronics in NTU Singapore-Full time)
Length of Stay: 2013- 2020 7 years
Nature of Job: Semiconductors -one of the reputed companies in Singapore holding E Pass
Role: Lead Engineer
Salary: 85 k+other benefits
Tax Assessment: 4-5 times
Kid: 1 baby boy to be born 2021 feb
Social activities: Every month some % of salary to help cancer patients

M Profile
Ethnicity: Indian
Age:28
Education: BE Computer Science India
Length of Stay: 4years
Role: Embedded system engineer holding S Pass
Salary:30k-32k

We have no investments and savings in India. We are so keen in residing in Singapore. Our profile is rejected about 3 times. We are going to apply again after my baby going to born in feb 2021. Salary increment and promotion is very stable. So please help to find our approval chance
Keywords. Quota, Integration, and contribution to Singapore.

Quota: Ethnicity
Integration: start evolving into a kopitiam uncle in the hdb heartlands.
Contribution: Produce male heirs to be cannon fodders.
:D

Jokes aside. Its quota that is of utmost importance. How to be the ideal candidate in that large pool of other Indian nationals. Salary is a component, and so is the age, and the likelihood to remain in Singapore for the long term.
But if the ones at the top has decided that there's too many Indians in the mix, there's really nothing you can do until the tide turns.
Fwiw, Singapore is 75% chinese or so, hence PR quotas will quite possibly be along those ratios.

Anjana Shri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 4:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Anjana Shri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:23 pm

Our last rejection was 2018 when he was Engineer. After that my husband's salary has increased with double increment.
I know it depends on quota. But please help us to tell the chance of getting PR.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3623
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:08 pm

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:23 pm
Our last rejection was 2018 when he was Engineer. After that my husband's salary has increased with double increment.
I know it depends on quota. But please help us to tell the chance of getting PR.
Chance may be still low. What is double increment ?

Anjana Shri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 4:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Anjana Shri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks.
Low chance is the case then nothing to do with increment. 2 times he got increment after rejection.
that is what I am about to say.
Very sad to hear that we have almost tried our best to stay and contribute to Singapore.

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:30 pm

My wild guess.

650k indians in singapore.
http://mea.gov.in/images/attach/NRIs-and-PIOs_1.pdf

440k indian residents. ie PR + Citizen.
https://data.gov.sg/dataset/resident-po ... 5e4107ae84

That makes 200k on all types of pass, ie EP, Spass, WP.

[Given that the dormitory workers number about 350k amongst chinese, indian and bangladesh etc nationals, I'd go with a notion that there would be 100k Indian work permit holders, could well be wrong].

Hence i'd put the number of Indian EP/Spass holders at 100k. With the assumption that 75% of them would be applying for PR at any given time, just because a high proportion do. And i'd think out of 30k PRs dished out annually, 5-10k gets given to Indian nationals, that makes a rough gauge of a typical Indian national's chances at between 6.66 ~ 13.33%.

Does it make sense?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3623
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:41 pm

the observer wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:30 pm
My wild guess.

650k indians in singapore.
http://mea.gov.in/images/attach/NRIs-and-PIOs_1.pdf

440k indian residents. ie PR + Citizen.
https://data.gov.sg/dataset/resident-po ... 5e4107ae84

That makes 200k on all types of pass, ie EP, Spass, WP.

[Given that the dormitory workers number about 350k amongst chinese, indian and bangladesh etc nationals, I'd go with a notion that there would be 100k Indian work permit holders, could well be wrong].

Hence i'd put the number of Indian EP/Spass holders at 100k. With the assumption that 75% of them would be applying for PR at any given time, just because a high proportion do. And i'd think out of 30k PRs dished out annually, 5-10k gets given to Indian nationals, that makes a rough gauge of a typical Indian national's chances at between 6.66 ~ 13.33%.

Does it make sense?
Going by the proportion and also to balance the population it is only 2.5-3.5K PR for Indians every year out of the 30K. Not 5 to 10K

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:48 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:41 pm
the observer wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:30 pm
My wild guess.

650k indians in singapore.
http://mea.gov.in/images/attach/NRIs-and-PIOs_1.pdf

440k indian residents. ie PR + Citizen.
https://data.gov.sg/dataset/resident-po ... 5e4107ae84

That makes 200k on all types of pass, ie EP, Spass, WP.

[Given that the dormitory workers number about 350k amongst chinese, indian and bangladesh etc nationals, I'd go with a notion that there would be 100k Indian work permit holders, could well be wrong].

Hence i'd put the number of Indian EP/Spass holders at 100k. With the assumption that 75% of them would be applying for PR at any given time, just because a high proportion do. And i'd think out of 30k PRs dished out annually, 5-10k gets given to Indian nationals, that makes a rough gauge of a typical Indian national's chances at between 6.66 ~ 13.33%.

Does it make sense?
Going by the proportion and also to balance the population it is only 2.5-3.5K PR for Indians every year out of the 30K. Not 5 to 10K
I stand corrected. That's a 4% chance for the profile of an average/typical Indian EP holder.

Anjana Shri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 4:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Anjana Shri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Observer and Singapore Flyer,
So it is mere quota which decides the fate to be PR in Singapore not our talent and contribution for Indians like us who are so keen to be the part of Singapore?
Just clarifying my doubt.

Anjana Shri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 4:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Anjana Shri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:12 pm

Hi Singapore Flyer and Observer
Is the quota which decides the PR in Singapore for Indians who are keen to contribute and part of Singapore not our talent or contribution or striving hard to prove ourselves to be the part of Singapore who are ready to pay tax in Singapore,Work for Singapore, raise family in Singapore, make investments in Singapore if we get PR?

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:21 pm

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:59 pm
Hi Observer and Singapore Flyer,
So it is mere quota which decides the fate to be PR in Singapore not our talent and contribution for Indians like us who are so keen to be the part of Singapore?
Just clarifying my doubt.
From my observation, top talent usually spring boards out to the UK or the US, after a short stint in Sg. Transient.
ICA is probably aware.

I have also seen quite a few high flyers whom have left the shores of Spore, despite obtaining PR.

Separately, the talented ones usually apply via EDB.
https://www.edb.gov.sg/en/how-we-help/g ... ramme.html
Last edited by the observer on Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:24 pm

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:12 pm
Hi Singapore Flyer and Observer
Is the quota which decides the PR in Singapore for Indians who are keen to contribute and part of Singapore not our talent or contribution or striving hard to prove ourselves to be the part of Singapore who are ready to pay tax in Singapore,Work for Singapore, raise family in Singapore, make investments in Singapore if we get PR?
The reason PRs and Citizenships are harder to obtain is due to political realities.

Your contribution is useful to the PAP, but so are votes.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3623
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:28 pm

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 1:59 pm
Hi Observer and Singapore Flyer,
So it is mere quota which decides the fate to be PR in Singapore not our talent and contribution for Indians like us who are so keen to be the part of Singapore?
Just clarifying my doubt.
If they have a wide pool of talent available and also the quota is less, they have to pick from the top talent. This is normal for any country. No one other than ICA can say who is the top talent and contribution, as all that we see is only our's, where as ICA sees a big pool of talent which we can't see.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3623
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:31 pm

Anjana Shri wrote:
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:12 pm
Hi Singapore Flyer and Observer
Is the quota which decides the PR in Singapore for Indians who are keen to contribute and part of Singapore not our talent or contribution or striving hard to prove ourselves to be the part of Singapore who are ready to pay tax in Singapore,Work for Singapore, raise family in Singapore, make investments in Singapore if we get PR?
You have to pay tax in any country. That can't be treated as a contribution. What Investments?

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 2:47 pm

Wait till you see what the quota is for those in "Others".
That'd be caucasians, vietnamese, africans etc.

I think Filipinos would have more to complain about the quota system than you.

Anjana Shri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 4:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Anjana Shri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 3:08 pm

Understand. I said like we are happy to pay taxes in Singapore. Not saying paying tax should give us PR.
Investment is just saying if we get PR we are ready to buy houses. We do not want to merely get PR settle in some other country or India, buy houses in other country, stay in other country and pay tax there, or leaving the family simply back in hometown. Because we see many are doing like that.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests