Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 1:34 pm

hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:52 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:38 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:56 am


Firstly, thank you very much in taking time and share your thoughts. Do appreciate!

Agree with you on reco and cover latter but I thought it’s no harm and doesn’t take much of my time so did submit this time...not sure if it backfireS or not hehe..

Regarding some of points you raised:

University - Oxford (full time), masters degree
Talent pool - Bank’s internal talent pool managed via HR, may not mean much to external world but just shared
What changed since last app that was in oct 2017 (except one more bloke on the board) - salary increase plus a promotion (~5k/month for myself and ~5k/month for wife). Moved into a role that focus on Bank’s architecture modernisation with high tech material. Wife has done certification in Chinese language. SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally.

Btw forgot to mention couple of points in earlier post
- own a house here too. Essentially pretty much committed for Long term.
- recently ICA has requested for some documents for there assessment.
- just turn 40 few days back but again 40 or 41 pretty same hehe

Would love to seek experts views and some guidance.

You didn't mention if you added your first son to the original application.
Oops sorry forgot. Yes I did include my first son in last application. Thx.
Should stand a reasonable chance, except the age. If you don't get approved this cycle, you will both be even older ...

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 2:05 pm

hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:52 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:38 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:56 am


Firstly, thank you very much in taking time and share your thoughts. Do appreciate!

Agree with you on reco and cover latter but I thought it’s no harm and doesn’t take much of my time so did submit this time...not sure if it backfireS or not hehe..

Regarding some of points you raised:

University - Oxford (full time), masters degree
Talent pool - Bank’s internal talent pool managed via HR, may not mean much to external world but just shared
What changed since last app that was in oct 2017 (except one more bloke on the board) - salary increase plus a promotion (~5k/month for myself and ~5k/month for wife). Moved into a role that focus on Bank’s architecture modernisation with high tech material. Wife has done certification in Chinese language. SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally.

Btw forgot to mention couple of points in earlier post
- own a house here too. Essentially pretty much committed for Long term.
- recently ICA has requested for some documents for there assessment.
- just turn 40 few days back but again 40 or 41 pretty same hehe

Would love to seek experts views and some guidance.

You didn't mention if you added your first son to the original application.
Oops sorry forgot. Yes I did include my first son in last application. Thx.
You have a decent chance

SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally. -- How is this going to help Singapore?

hitzs
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by hitzs » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 5:45 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 1:34 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:52 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:38 pm



You didn't mention if you added your first son to the original application.
Oops sorry forgot. Yes I did include my first son in last application. Thx.
Should stand a reasonable chance, except the age. If you don't get approved this cycle, you will both be even older ...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, noted.

hitzs
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by hitzs » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 5:48 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 2:05 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:52 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:38 pm



You didn't mention if you added your first son to the original application.
Oops sorry forgot. Yes I did include my first son in last application. Thx.
You have a decent chance

SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally. -- How is this going to help Singapore?
Tbh, I’m not very sure but just stated thinking that it will taken positively. No idea though ☺️. What’s you view building assets in SG?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 6:02 pm

hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 5:48 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 2:05 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:52 pm


Oops sorry forgot. Yes I did include my first son in last application. Thx.
You have a decent chance

SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally. -- How is this going to help Singapore?
Tbh, I’m not very sure but just stated thinking that it will taken positively. No idea though ☺️. What’s you view building assets in SG?
SSB and SRS - you can cashout anytime. SRS there may be a small penalty for early withdrawal. In this view, how is it going to benefit SG?

hitzs
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by hitzs » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 6:49 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 6:02 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 5:48 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 2:05 pm


You have a decent chance

SSB and SRS contributions by both of us over last 3 years and some other EQ/Bond investments locally. -- How is this going to help Singapore?
Tbh, I’m not very sure but just stated thinking that it will taken positively. No idea though ☺️. What’s you view building assets in SG?
SSB and SRS - you can cashout anytime. SRS there may be a small penalty for early withdrawal. In this view, how is it going to benefit SG?
True SSB is fairly liquid but SRS is not so liquid given it’s 5% penalty and underlying investments locked up through SRS. Essentially both are meant for long term and as such evidence of long term view/commitment. Anyway it’s a small point in bigger scheme of things.

fedex16884
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 2:35 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by fedex16884 » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:17 pm

Please suggest my chances for PR approval if I apply this year.

Age : 36
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Religion : No religion
Education : Bachelor Degree (IT) from India
Current Field of Work : Cybersecurity
Length of stay : 10+ years
Pass : EP
Past applications : 2016/2017 (applied with family: rejected
Last edited by fedex16884 on Tue, 27 Oct 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:25 pm

fedex16884 wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:17 pm
Please suggest my chances for PR approval if I apply this year.

Age : 36
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Religion : No religion
Education : Bachelor Degree (IT) from India
Current Field of Work : Cybersecurity
Length of stay : 10+ years
No of tax returns : 10
Salary : Basic 132K ; Gross 170K
Pass : EP
Past applications : 2016/2017 (applied with family: rejected
20-30% chance as you are in cybersec. else chance is low

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:26 pm

hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 6:49 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 6:02 pm
hitzs wrote:
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 5:48 pm


Tbh, I’m not very sure but just stated thinking that it will taken positively. No idea though ☺️. What’s you view building assets in SG?
SSB and SRS - you can cashout anytime. SRS there may be a small penalty for early withdrawal. In this view, how is it going to benefit SG?
True SSB is fairly liquid but SRS is not so liquid given it’s 5% penalty and underlying investments locked up through SRS. Essentially both are meant for long term and as such evidence of long term view/commitment. Anyway it’s a small point in bigger scheme of things.
SRS and SSB does not say you must be a resident of SG till it matures. So, i dont think they are evidence of longterm/commitment in new PR application perspective

User avatar
Reginia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 2:44 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Reginia » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 2:51 pm

Hi!

Please advise on my chances for PR approval as I'm planning to apply this year. :D :D

Age : 25
Race : Malaysian Chinese
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Education : Bachelor Degree
Job : HR
Length of stay : 2.5 years
Salary : Approx 33k
Pass : EP

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 3:02 pm

Reginia wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 2:51 pm
Hi!

Please advise on my chances for PR approval as I'm planning to apply this year. :D :D

Age : 25
Race : Malaysian Chinese
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Education : Bachelor Degree
Job : HR
Length of stay : 2.5 years
Salary : Approx 33k
Pass : EP
I would say high chance, on the basis of nationality and ethnicity.

buggy.88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 02 May 2017 7:36 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by buggy.88 » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:06 pm

Applied for PR for my wife in Feb 2020 (myself as sponsor) - Result still pending. She has just recently resigned from her job due to pregnancy. Do I need to notify ICA? Also, will her lack of a job now affect her application chance. I am SC by the way.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:13 pm

buggy.88 wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:06 pm
Applied for PR for my wife in Feb 2020 (myself as sponsor) - Result still pending. She has just recently resigned from her job due to pregnancy. Do I need to notify ICA? Also, will her lack of a job now affect her application chance. I am SC by the way.
You need to inform ICA. How long are you married? kids?

If you are married for more than 2 years, it is OK. Good chance. Her job loss may not have a big impact on the application. As you are the sponsor, they will look into your income.

buggy.88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 02 May 2017 7:36 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by buggy.88 » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:13 pm
buggy.88 wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:06 pm
Applied for PR for my wife in Feb 2020 (myself as sponsor) - Result still pending. She has just recently resigned from her job due to pregnancy. Do I need to notify ICA? Also, will her lack of a job now affect her application chance. I am SC by the way.
You need to inform ICA. How long are you married? kids?

If you are married for more than 2 years, it is OK. Good chance. Her job loss may not have a big impact on the application. As you are the sponsor, they will look into your income.
We got married in Dec 2017. This will be our first child. My basic pay is 6k/month.
I am SC Chinese whereas she is PRC Chinese

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 13 Oct 2020 7:36 pm

buggy.88 wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:18 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:13 pm
buggy.88 wrote:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 6:06 pm
Applied for PR for my wife in Feb 2020 (myself as sponsor) - Result still pending. She has just recently resigned from her job due to pregnancy. Do I need to notify ICA? Also, will her lack of a job now affect her application chance. I am SC by the way.
You need to inform ICA. How long are you married? kids?

If you are married for more than 2 years, it is OK. Good chance. Her job loss may not have a big impact on the application. As you are the sponsor, they will look into your income.
We got married in Dec 2017. This will be our first child. My basic pay is 6k/month.
I am SC Chinese whereas she is PRC Chinese
Should be OK. She resided in SG from Dec 2017?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoldenAir and 11 guests