Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joi016
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 5:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by joi016 » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 3:28 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 11:16 pm
joi016 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 7:53 pm
Hi everyone!
A little concern raised up here regarding my PR application
I applied my PR on 24th Jan 2020 and keep pending till now
Nationality: Malaysian Chinese
Pass: EP
Sector: Marine Shipbuilding
Education: Degree in Chemical Engineering
Role: Engineer
Age: 25
In SG: since 2018 Jul
Salary: 3050 (Mar 2020 increased to 3200)

So my concern stated as below:
-I realized my first tax submission amount was incorrect resulted no tax payment for my first working year but I immediately settled with my 2020 tax on April
-I got increment on March but only informed ICA on Jun and they already forward the document to officer
does this will affect my result? How likely will be rejected? It was pending for so long since Jan 2020
ICA has ways to view your tax from IRAS.
I dont think your salary update will make a major difference on the outcome.
Age, Ethnicity are positives.
Salary looks to be slightly on the lower side, but you may still get it. 50-50 at the moment.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think industry sector pay one of the major concern for ICA’s evaluation?
Agree that my basic tend to low but if included variable bonus, aws and ot roughly can bring home a 50k pa. Does this range will increased my chance ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37777
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 3:35 pm

Only basic salary is used. No other bonuses, commissions or allowances can be used.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 4:05 pm

yogi2484 wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 2:20 pm
Applied in April 2019 and was asked about parents information in Feb, since then no further response.
Profile: Indian
Age: 36
Family: Wife and son (6 yo)
Wife working
Time in SG: 6+ years

Wondering is someone has been waiting this long and haven't heard any result, good or bad. Understand its delayed due to COVID and might take longer but wanted to get a sense check from the forum
Long waiting times are not unusual any more

Darrenmahh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 12:16 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Darrenmahh » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 4:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 1:40 pm
Darrenmahh wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 12:28 pm
Hi newbie here. Would appreciate some advices on my PR application.

Age: 29
Race: malaysian chinese
Gender: Female
Education: Diploma in tourism
Marital status: single
Job: Retail industry, store manager
Pass: Spass (Renewed 2 times, latest this month)
Salary: $37k p.a
Length of stay in SG: 10years
Total year of experience: almost 5 years in same industry, company

Submitted since Nov2019, and havent heard any news so far.
You will get it. In case it is rejected, try to get an increase in your salary and then retry after 1-2 years.
Thank you for the advice. My first application and I truly hope it went through.

archk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 7:45 pm
Location: lavender singapore
Contact:

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by archk » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 4:53 pm

hi yogi2484
please tel your details..

thefinestpiece
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 4:57 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by thefinestpiece » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 5:28 pm

Hey guys! Help me assess my application!

Age: 26
Race: Indonesian Chinese
Gender: Male
Education: Diploma in Electrical, Electronics & Engineering
Marital Status: Single
Job: Associate Engineer(Etch Equipment) in Semiconductor.
Pass: S Pass Holder.
Salary: 39K p.a.
Total year of experience: 1 year.
Length of stay: 23 years.

So firstly, I have applied about 3 times but this will be the first time I'm applying by myself based on PTS scheme. So I was raised in Singapore and have been here my entire life! I'm pretty much a Singaporean by heart(at least lmao). I have family and relative living in Singapore. Most of them are Singaporeans. My step dad and step sister are Singaporean. They(parents) have tried to sponsor my PR but all failed miserably probably cause they didn't really know what to look out for back in the days. I'm currently working in the Semiconductor industry for almost a year now. I do not know if it consider a job change but my company fab was sold to a company from Taiwan, so all of the employee were officially transferred over to them. I started working for my ex employee for 6 months before the transfer was made(still same building), and another 6 months under the new employee. I'm supposed to file my first tax but because of covid, it was deferred. I have done volunteery work in the past and made a few small donations.

It's only been 44 days since I applied for SPR. So based on what I have shared, what are my chances to be approved?

Edit: forgot to mention that I have gotten recommendations letters from friends and my manager. Not sure if that'll help. (:

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 6:54 pm

thefinestpiece wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 5:28 pm
Hey guys! Help me assess my application!

Age: 26
Race: Indonesian Chinese
Gender: Male
Education: Diploma in Electrical, Electronics & Engineering
Marital Status: Single
Job: Associate Engineer(Etch Equipment) in Semiconductor.
Pass: S Pass Holder.
Salary: 39K p.a.
Total year of experience: 1 year.
Length of stay: 23 years.

So firstly, I have applied about 3 times but this will be the first time I'm applying by myself based on PTS scheme. So I was raised in Singapore and have been here my entire life! I'm pretty much a Singaporean by heart(at least lmao). I have family and relative living in Singapore. Most of them are Singaporeans. My step dad and step sister are Singaporean. They(parents) have tried to sponsor my PR but all failed miserably probably cause they didn't really know what to look out for back in the days. I'm currently working in the Semiconductor industry for almost a year now. I do not know if it consider a job change but my company fab was sold to a company from Taiwan, so all of the employee were officially transferred over to them. I started working for my ex employee for 6 months before the transfer was made(still same building), and another 6 months under the new employee. I'm supposed to file my first tax but because of covid, it was deferred. I have done volunteery work in the past and made a few small donations.

It's only been 44 days since I applied for SPR. So based on what I have shared, what are my chances to be approved?

Edit: forgot to mention that I have gotten recommendations letters from friends and my manager. Not sure if that'll help. (:
Low chance at the moment, in future if you increase your salary and work for a few years, you may get it.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37777
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 8:16 pm

If applying this time using the PTS scheme, you will most assuredly need to have at least 2 years of continuous employment or 3 tax assessments under your belt first (as the criteria for PTS is considerably more onerous than Family Ties.)

minne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:03 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by minne » Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:34 am

Hi, can help me assess my chances?

Wife (Myself):
Nationality - Singaporean PR/ Malaysian Chinese
Age - 39
Occupation - medical specialist doctor
In Singapore over 10 years
Income ~ $200k per annum

Applying for husband under Spouse sponsorship scheme -
Husband:
Nationality - Japanese
Age - 37
Studying for PhD in UK, but received permission to stay w me for over 8 months now until graduation next year due to all online classes and covid; he recently obtained his LTVP.

We were married since January this year. Thinking of trying for a child too, despite the times.

Would appreciate any input 🙏🏻!!!! Thankyou.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:42 am

minne wrote:
Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:34 am
Hi, can help me assess my chances?

Wife (Myself):
Nationality - Singaporean PR/ Malaysian Chinese
Age - 39
Occupation - medical specialist doctor
In Singapore over 10 years
Income ~ $200k per annum

Applying for husband under Spouse sponsorship scheme -
Husband:
Nationality - Japanese
Age - 37
Studying for PhD in UK, but received permission to stay w me for over 8 months now until graduation next year due to all online classes and covid; he recently obtained his LTVP.

We were married since January this year. Thinking of trying for a child too, despite the times.

Would appreciate any input 🙏🏻!!!! Thankyou.
Very low chance till you complete atleast 2 years of marriage.

p_autarky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 5:00 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by p_autarky » Sun, 23 Aug 2020 5:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm considering applying for PR, can you help to assess my application?

Ethnicity: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: M
Age: 30
Length of Stay/Work: 1 year
Title: Process Engineer
Pass: EP
Industry: Semicon manufacturing
Base Salary: 45k

Thank you.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Aug 2020 11:17 pm

p_autarky wrote:
Sun, 23 Aug 2020 5:07 pm
Hi guys,

I'm considering applying for PR, can you help to assess my application?

Ethnicity: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: M
Age: 30
Length of Stay/Work: 1 year
Title: Process Engineer
Pass: EP
Industry: Semicon manufacturing
Base Salary: 45k

Thank you.
How many IRAS tax assessments have you got? If possible apply after 2 years of work in SG.

User avatar
ShahulHameed1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 12:50 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by ShahulHameed1 » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 1:09 am

Dear Experts,

Please help to assess the below profile,

Main Applicant:
Age:44
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Religion: Islam
Education: Master
Current field of Work: Engineering in public sector (contract position)
Salary/Annum: 115K
Work Pass: EP
Spouse:
Age:39
Race: Indian
Gender: Female
Religion: Islam
Education: Master
Current field of Work: Tourism Industry (permanent position)
Salary/Annum: 82K
Work Pass: EP


Duration in SG: 5years 2 months
No of tax returns: 4 times (2016 to 2019) for both

Children: 3 in DP, Two studying in mainstream school and one in International School.
Family ties: SIL’s (Wife’s Sisters), two of them Singaporeans and my brother and sister are SPR ( all with family been here for many years). Also, my parents as well as my MIL are in LTVP.
+ Actively engaged as volunteer in community club since 2016 to support and organize the activities.

Applied for 5 (family) 3 times already;
2016 June – Unsuccessful, got response within 4 months
2017 April – Unsuccessful, got response within 8 months
2018 June – Unsuccessful, got response after 1 yr. 4 months in oct 2019

Would applying alone (me as applicant) first followed by family later increase the approval chance?
Appreciate any comments and feedback. Thank you so much.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 9:38 am

ShahulHameed1 wrote:
Mon, 24 Aug 2020 1:09 am
Dear Experts,

Please help to assess the below profile,

Main Applicant:
Age:44
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Religion: Islam
Education: Master
Current field of Work: Engineering in public sector (contract position)
Salary/Annum: 115K
Work Pass: EP
Spouse:
Age:39
Race: Indian
Gender: Female
Religion: Islam
Education: Master
Current field of Work: Tourism Industry (permanent position)
Salary/Annum: 82K
Work Pass: EP


Duration in SG: 5years 2 months
No of tax returns: 4 times (2016 to 2019) for both

Children: 3 in DP, Two studying in mainstream school and one in International School.
Family ties: SIL’s (Wife’s Sisters), two of them Singaporeans and my brother and sister are SPR ( all with family been here for many years). Also, my parents as well as my MIL are in LTVP.
+ Actively engaged as volunteer in community club since 2016 to support and organize the activities.

Applied for 5 (family) 3 times already;
2016 June – Unsuccessful, got response within 4 months
2017 April – Unsuccessful, got response within 8 months
2018 June – Unsuccessful, got response after 1 yr. 4 months in oct 2019

Would applying alone (me as applicant) first followed by family later increase the approval chance?
Appreciate any comments and feedback. Thank you so much.
Would applying alone (me as applicant) first followed by family later increase the approval chance?
No

Based on what you have said, it is going to be tough for your PR application to be approved.

lucky39
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 10:41 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by lucky39 » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 10:57 am

Hi all,

I'm considering applying for PR with family members , can you help to assess my chance ?
Thank you.

Main applicant
Ethnicity: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: M
Age: 32
Status: Married
Length of Stay/Work: 13 year
Qualification : Skill Cert (F&B) Local
Title: Chief Chef (Japanese)
Pass: SP
Industry: Service
Base Salary: 35k

Spouse
Ethnicity: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: F
Age: 30
No. of Child: 2child (son) not schooling yet , 2.5years old & 1years old
Status: Married
Length of Stay/Work: 11 year
Qualification: Diploma (Business Management) Local
Title: Customer Services Executive
Pass: WP
Industry: Manufacturing
Base Salary: 30k

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thet Naymin and 7 guests