Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
muhammed_7777
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 2:28 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by muhammed_7777 » Mon, 20 Jul 2020 3:02 am

I would also like to asses my chance :

married since 2015, 1 daughter 4 years old singaporean

Husband
-Race : Arab
-Age : 30
-Job : Restaurant manager
-Salary : 2800/mo
-Lenght of Stay : since 2015
-degree in geophysics
Pass : Ltvp + (5years)

Wife
-Race : Malay singaporean
-Age : 27
-Job : teacher
-Salary : 3K/mo


Applied in November 2019 and still pending

Just to update 14 months now and still pending do i need to call ica for it
Last edited by muhammed_7777 on Sun, 27 Dec 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 20 Jul 2020 8:02 am

muhammed_7777 wrote:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 3:02 am
I would also like to asses my chance :

married since 2015, 1 daughter 4 years old singaporean

Husband
-Race : Arab
-Age : 30
-Job : Restaurant manager
-Salary : 2800/mo
-Lenght of Stay : since 2015
-degree in geophysics
Pass : Ltvp + (5years)

Wife
-Race : Malay singaporean
-Age : 27
-Job : teacher
-Salary : 3K/mo


Applied in November 2019 and still pending
Quite good as very few apply under Malay quota. Also family ties scheme but your husbands occupation and salary are negatives. Regardless I think you might get in due to race.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Joe767818
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 7:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Joe767818 » Mon, 20 Jul 2020 7:44 pm

srk03 wrote:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:01 am
rajspy84 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jul 2020 11:44 am
Need advice, there is a change in my salary and i have been promoted. Should I update ICA about it ? My application pending since Dec 2019. Also how to do that ? Should i email them or should i upload it using upload additional documents ?
Simple send email with document of proof and that is it. you will receive confirmation from ICA officer in a couple of days.
Can you give me email address?

User avatar
RohitAgarwal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 12:24 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by RohitAgarwal » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:55 am

My PR application is stuck on Pending for over 6 months. Are they approving any applications right now, or has anyone heard of anyone who got approved recently? It's been quite long and I have not heard anything from them so I'm concerned.

muhammed_7777
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 2:28 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by muhammed_7777 » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 2:13 am

My application still pending its going to be 9 months

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 7:47 am

RohitAgarwal wrote:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:55 am
My PR application is stuck on Pending for over 6 months. Are they approving any applications right now, or has anyone heard of anyone who got approved recently? It's been quite long and I have not heard anything from them so I'm concerned.
6 months is nothing.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
RakeshRaghavendhra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:31 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by RakeshRaghavendhra » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:36 am

I am indian race working single age 35 graduation in music @ home town university at India total work experience 14 years... working in Singapore from 2011 Without break same company and EP renewed again my annual Income $73200 clear records third time applying spr ...can i get approve Thanks
Last edited by RakeshRaghavendhra on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:45 pm

RakeshRaghavendhra wrote:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:36 am
I am indian race working here since 2011 single age 35 my annual $73200 clear records third time applying spr ...can i get approve
How much information have you provided to us to analyze or consider? nothing about ur education, work, etc

In anycase even based on what you have said, your chance is going to be very low.

srk03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by srk03 » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 1:32 pm

Joe767818 wrote:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 7:44 pm
srk03 wrote:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:01 am
rajspy84 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jul 2020 11:44 am
Need advice, there is a change in my salary and i have been promoted. Should I update ICA about it ? My application pending since Dec 2019. Also how to do that ? Should i email them or should i upload it using upload additional documents ?
Simple send email with document of proof and that is it. you will receive confirmation from ICA officer in a couple of days.
Can you give me email address?
ica_pr@ica.gov.sg Also, make sure the email subject line is in the following format "Applicant Name, FIN number, PR application number" for ICA officer to easily identify the application.

RollDagger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 9:44 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by RollDagger » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 9:52 pm

Hi,

Would like to know my chances please.

Ethinicity : Indian
Age :35
Working in Singapore for past 4 years, on EP.
Salary 180K
Working in Ship management company as Manager.
Changed company after 3 years for over 15% increment in salary.

Married for nearly three years. Wife Indian on DP. Works as relief teacher on LOC (work experience of 8 years in India). Wife is expecting so junior will be there too :)

Thanks in advance for your time and guidance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 9:54 pm

RollDagger wrote:
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 9:52 pm
Hi,

Would like to know my chances please.

Ethinicity : Indian
Age :35
Working in Singapore for past 4 years, on EP.
Salary 180K
Working in Ship management company as Manager.
Changed company after 3 years for over 15% increment in salary.

Married for nearly three years. Wife Indian on DP. Works as relief teacher on LOC (work experience of 8 years in India). Wife is expecting so junior will be there too :)

Thanks in advance for your time and guidance.
Chance will be low.

RollDagger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 9:44 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by RollDagger » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:48 pm

Hi SF. Thanks for the response. Would you advise the reason for low chance. Ethnicity I know is 1 reason.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 11:05 pm

RollDagger wrote:
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:48 pm
Hi SF. Thanks for the response. Would you advise the reason for low chance. Ethnicity I know is 1 reason.
Ehnicity, current economic situation in SG, Your short duration of stay in SG.

pangch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:25 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by pangch » Thu, 23 Jul 2020 1:24 am

Hi,

Would like to know my chances please.
-Race : Chinese , Malaysian
-Age : 30
-Job : Software engineer
-Salary :-
-Lenght of Stay : 1.5 years
-NOA : 1
-Bachelor's Degree in computer science
Pass : EP

and also My Application is pending since Dec 2019. i had salary adjustment increase 4% last month , should i email ICA to update my salary information ?
Last edited by pangch on Mon, 27 Jul 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 23 Jul 2020 6:45 am

pangch wrote:Hi,

Would like to know my chances please.
-Race : Chinese , Malaysian
-Age : 30
-Job : Software engineer
-Salary : 4.5K/mo
-Lenght of Stay : 1.5 years
-NOA : 1
-Bachelor's Degree in computer science
Pass : EP

and also My Application is pending since Dec 2019. i had salary adjustment increase 4% last month , should i email ICA to update my salary information ?
You should have a decent chance of getting it despite having a short length of stay. Just be prepared for a longer wait and that said, 7 months have since passed.

I think there’s no need to update ICA, unless it’s a promotion that comes with >15% increment.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikeJones, simple_guy and 18 guests