PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:46 am

Swam wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 8:24 pm
simple_guy wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 8:24 pm
Congrats Swam! Lucky guy.
Thank you :) Wish you same
Congrats!

Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:42 pm
Fine only, correct? If so, shouldn't have any effect. However, I'm not sure which is worse, smoking or littering. I suppose you got a corrective work order? If so, it could. In fact, even if not successful, I reckon it could even impact your next EP renewal as well. Scared yet?

I really don't know the answer. But maybe it's a good warning to quit two bad habits at the same time?
First time offenders are usually only hit with a fine if I’m not mistaken. CWOs are for repeat offenders mostly.

Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:49 am

SZM78 wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:45 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:42 pm
Fine only, correct? If so, shouldn't have any effect. However, I'm not sure which is worse, smoking or littering. I suppose you got a corrective work order? If so, it could. In fact, even if not successful, I reckon it could even impact your next EP renewal as well. Scared yet?

I really don't know the answer. But maybe it's a good warning to quit two bad habits at the same time?
Yes it's only fine to pay NEA,
Probably won’t have any effect. Fines are pretty common, it’s one of the reasons why Singapore is known as a “fine city”!

Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:49 am

SZM78 wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:35 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:08 pm
Are you still a smoker?
Yes, because i got this offense yesterday only.
Maybe take it as a sign to stop smoking? Better for your health and your pocket.

Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:17 pm
Gotta admit, one of the strangest ones I seen on here. I guess there really IS a Santa Claus. Better play 4D Swam.
Yes-Virginia-there-is-a-Santa-Claus.jpg
Hahaha, lucky guy!

SZM78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 4:42 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by SZM78 » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:28 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 1:49 am
SZM78 wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:45 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 5:42 pm
Fine only, correct? If so, shouldn't have any effect. However, I'm not sure which is worse, smoking or littering. I suppose you got a corrective work order? If so, it could. In fact, even if not successful, I reckon it could even impact your next EP renewal as well. Scared yet?

I really don't know the answer. But maybe it's a good warning to quit two bad habits at the same time?
Yes it's only fine to pay NEA,
Probably won’t have any effect. Fines are pretty common, it’s one of the reasons why Singapore is known as a “fine city”!
Thank you Lisafuller.

Finally got my IPA letter today..

Krisanj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 1:52 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Krisanj » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm

Thanks everyone this forum has greatly helped in my PR journey though this is my first post. Didn’t feel necessary to raise any queries considering all queries were previously raised and appropriately answered.

Here is my profile

Second time applicant. First time applied in June 2018 but didn’t go through after 13 months wait.

Second successful attempt details
Applied on 1st October 2020
With family spouse and two kids
Working in banking industry within IT department
Race Indian
Nationality British ( Naturalised)
In Singapore since 2012
Working in same company for past 16 years.
From 2005 until mid 2012 in UK. Since 2012 in Singapore
Did executive MBA in UK and few other technical courses relevant to my role

On 10th May submitted new renewed passport details
20th May received acknowledgment from ICA
2nd June additional documents like my payslips, graduation certificates of both my wife’s and mine sought
16th June “Proceed to upload” button missing
24th June Update on online that PR approved

Letter arrived on 24th June afternoon dated 21st June

Last but not least Iam 43 years old.

Now next journey begins to complete the formalities.

Thanks again to you all, this forum is really a treasure trove of information.

All the best to those waiting and about to apply.

Thanks

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 6:22 pm

This is exactly why we try to keep everything on the forum and also try not to delete or allow deletions after people get their answers. We know you all are out there and actually know how to use the forum archives and search engine. We love it when someone like you who use what we have and found your way through AND above all had the courtesy to register and post your success. Thank You and congratulations.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Lisafuller
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 6:33 pm

Krisanj wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm
Thanks everyone this forum has greatly helped in my PR journey though this is my first post. Didn’t feel necessary to raise any queries considering all queries were previously raised and appropriately answered.

Here is my profile

Second time applicant. First time applied in June 2018 but didn’t go through after 13 months wait.

Second successful attempt details
Applied on 1st October 2020
With family spouse and two kids
Working in banking industry within IT department
Race Indian
Nationality British ( Naturalised)
In Singapore since 2012
Working in same company for past 16 years.
From 2005 until mid 2012 in UK. Since 2012 in Singapore
Did executive MBA in UK and few other technical courses relevant to my role

On 10th May submitted new renewed passport details
20th May received acknowledgment from ICA
2nd June additional documents like my payslips, graduation certificates of both my wife’s and mine sought
16th June “Proceed to upload” button missing
24th June Update on online that PR approved

Letter arrived on 24th June afternoon dated 21st June

Last but not least Iam 43 years old.

Now next journey begins to complete the formalities.

Thanks again to you all, this forum is really a treasure trove of information.

All the best to those waiting and about to apply.

Thanks
Congrats!

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:24 pm

Krisanj wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm
Thanks everyone this forum has greatly helped in my PR journey though this is my first post. Didn’t feel necessary to raise any queries considering all queries were previously raised and appropriately answered.

Here is my profile

Second time applicant. First time applied in June 2018 but didn’t go through after 13 months wait.

Second successful attempt details
Applied on 1st October 2020
With family spouse and two kids
Working in banking industry within IT department
Race Indian
Nationality British ( Naturalised)
In Singapore since 2012
Working in same company for past 16 years.
From 2005 until mid 2012 in UK. Since 2012 in Singapore
Did executive MBA in UK and few other technical courses relevant to my role

On 10th May submitted new renewed passport details
20th May received acknowledgment from ICA
2nd June additional documents like my payslips, graduation certificates of both my wife’s and mine sought
16th June “Proceed to upload” button missing
24th June Update on online that PR approved

Letter arrived on 24th June afternoon dated 21st June

Last but not least Iam 43 years old.

Now next journey begins to complete the formalities.

Thanks again to you all, this forum is really a treasure trove of information.

All the best to those waiting and about to apply.

Thanks
You are going to make a lot of Indians here jealous. I can promise you that. Congrats by the way.

Ignorant1
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:13 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Ignorant1 » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:50 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:24 pm
Krisanj wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm
Thanks everyone this forum has greatly helped in my PR journey though this is my first post. Didn’t feel necessary to raise any queries considering all queries were previously raised and appropriately answered.

Here is my profile

Second time applicant. First time applied in June 2018 but didn’t go through after 13 months wait.

Second successful attempt details
Applied on 1st October 2020
With family spouse and two kids
Working in banking industry within IT department
Race Indian
Nationality British ( Naturalised)
In Singapore since 2012
Working in same company for past 16 years.
From 2005 until mid 2012 in UK. Since 2012 in Singapore
Did executive MBA in UK and few other technical courses relevant to my role

On 10th May submitted new renewed passport details
20th May received acknowledgment from ICA
2nd June additional documents like my payslips, graduation certificates of both my wife’s and mine sought
16th June “Proceed to upload” button missing
24th June Update on online that PR approved

Letter arrived on 24th June afternoon dated 21st June

Last but not least Iam 43 years old.

Now next journey begins to complete the formalities.

Thanks again to you all, this forum is really a treasure trove of information.

All the best to those waiting and about to apply.

Thanks
You are going to make a lot of Indians here jealous. I can promise you that. Congrats by the way.
Actually, I know of atleast 3 other cases where born Indians who had non Indian passports got Singapore Pr .

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 8:16 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:50 pm
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:24 pm
Krisanj wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm
Thanks everyone this forum has greatly helped in my PR journey though this is my first post. Didn’t feel necessary to raise any queries considering all queries were previously raised and appropriately answered.

Here is my profile

Second time applicant. First time applied in June 2018 but didn’t go through after 13 months wait.

Second successful attempt details
Applied on 1st October 2020
With family spouse and two kids
Working in banking industry within IT department
Race Indian
Nationality British ( Naturalised)
In Singapore since 2012
Working in same company for past 16 years.
From 2005 until mid 2012 in UK. Since 2012 in Singapore
Did executive MBA in UK and few other technical courses relevant to my role

On 10th May submitted new renewed passport details
20th May received acknowledgment from ICA
2nd June additional documents like my payslips, graduation certificates of both my wife’s and mine sought
16th June “Proceed to upload” button missing
24th June Update on online that PR approved

Letter arrived on 24th June afternoon dated 21st June

Last but not least Iam 43 years old.

Now next journey begins to complete the formalities.

Thanks again to you all, this forum is really a treasure trove of information.

All the best to those waiting and about to apply.

Thanks
You are going to make a lot of Indians here jealous. I can promise you that. Congrats by the way.
Actually, I know of atleast 3 other cases where born Indians who had non Indian passports got Singapore Pr .
I was referring to the ones with the Indian passports. It is interesting though if there is a preference for Indians with non Indian passports especially if they are through naturalization.

Ignorant1
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:13 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Ignorant1 » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 8:28 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 8:16 pm
Ignorant1 wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:50 pm
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:24 pm

You are going to make a lot of Indians here jealous. I can promise you that. Congrats by the way.
Actually, I know of atleast 3 other cases where born Indians who had non Indian passports got Singapore Pr .
I was referring to the ones with the Indian passports. It is interesting though if there is a preference for Indians with non Indian passports especially if they are through naturalization.
Yup. I got what you mean. If Indian passport holder have to be jealous then Such cases should make more them more jealous . I have a Indian colleague who spent lesser time In singapore, has British passport , older to me , same or lower education level and stays in prominent Indian neighbourhood and has Singapore Pr .

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 12:45 am

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. But. Here in Singapore, the PAP looks at Indians in two different ways. Those like Min. Shan & Vivian Balakrishnan are jokingly referred, by locals, as docile or tame Indians who will do the governments bidding if you catch my drift. They are not likely to make waves like some (like MP Pritam) and so forth. I'm guessing that they look at Indians who have been naturalized in 1st world or Developed countries, have already been tamed are likely good candidates. I know this is wrong, but when you happen to be married for almost 4 decades to an Indian you tend to hear things in family gatherings that the average non-Indian would ever hear. I also think the assimilation factor also plays a lot as well, as if they have been naturalized in a western country they would have almost had to learn to assimilate. Something that isn't done very much here. So, yeah, I reckon those who are coming from the west do have a subtle advantage.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 1:32 am

Funny thing SMS, is that I personally know of quite a few Indians born in India who have spent a great deal of time in western countries and become naturalized but haven't really assimilated. They hang out with fellow Indians, they marry from their own community, they are stick rigidly to their caste system and if you met them, you'd think they are fresh off the boat. But it's amusing if they are thought of as being assimilated by virtue of being naturalized in the west. No offense meant to the gentleman in this post :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests