PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Sun, 06 Jun 2021 7:32 pm

anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 1:00 pm
After a wait of 9 months, and ICA asking for more docs, and button disappearing, my application was finally REJECTED at 3 AM today :(

Sad news but at least the anxiety is gone.

Also. key learning- if 10 profiles similar to yours get approved, doest means the 11th/yours will be approved too. A black box indeed.
Many times, what you think is a guy with the same profile actually has something which is different from you. Just that you didn't consider it or know about it. Either that, or you were just unlucky that they ran out of quota for the year because the Indian category is probably the most competitive one.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 6:23 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by simple_guy » Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:08 pm

Hi, Do you mean they ran out of the quota of the complete year 2021 in just 5 months?

anujhbaggha
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by anujhbaggha » Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:26 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 7:32 pm
anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 1:00 pm
After a wait of 9 months, and ICA asking for more docs, and button disappearing, my application was finally REJECTED at 3 AM today :(

Sad news but at least the anxiety is gone.

Also. key learning- if 10 profiles similar to yours get approved, doest means the 11th/yours will be approved too. A black box indeed.
Many times, what you think is a guy with the same profile actually has something which is different from you. Just that you didn't consider it or know about it. Either that, or you were just unlucky that they ran out of quota for the year because the Indian category is probably the most competitive one.
Agree with what you said, and that quota might get over, and also the fact that luck plays a strong role here (probably more than the rational factors, not sure).

anujhbaggha
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by anujhbaggha » Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:30 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 6:20 pm
@Anuj, got your message and replied too. Whe i reply i don't see it in sent message. Not sure if u received it or not!
I did receive some minutes ago and replied as well :)

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:52 am

simple_guy wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:08 pm
Hi, Do you mean they ran out of the quota of the complete year 2021 in just 5 months?
I said no such thing.

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:53 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 11:26 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 7:32 pm
anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 1:00 pm
After a wait of 9 months, and ICA asking for more docs, and button disappearing, my application was finally REJECTED at 3 AM today :(

Sad news but at least the anxiety is gone.

Also. key learning- if 10 profiles similar to yours get approved, doest means the 11th/yours will be approved too. A black box indeed.
Many times, what you think is a guy with the same profile actually has something which is different from you. Just that you didn't consider it or know about it. Either that, or you were just unlucky that they ran out of quota for the year because the Indian category is probably the most competitive one.
Agree with what you said, and that quota might get over, and also the fact that luck plays a strong role here (probably more than the rational factors, not sure).
Luck or lack of it IS the quota getting over. They are not separate factors. Assuming that you ticked every other box.

Ignorant1
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:13 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Ignorant1 » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 10:52 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Fri, 28 May 2021 5:42 pm
One of my other friends (Indian, power couple, mid 30s) got their approval in 4 months too.
Any idea how much time they spent in Singapore ? I am assuming power couple is 400k annual income and tech industry ?

unicorn1991
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 4:42 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by unicorn1991 » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 11:16 pm

anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 1:00 pm
After a wait of 9 months, and ICA asking for more docs, and button disappearing, my application was finally REJECTED at 3 AM today :(

Sad news but at least the anxiety is gone.

Also. key learning- if 10 profiles similar to yours get approved, doest means the 11th/yours will be approved too. A black box indeed.
Please dont lose hope. Let's try next time. Also which docs ICA ask you may i ask? is it supporting doc for payslip etc?

Bobby101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 8:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Bobby101 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,
I am pleased to inform you all that our PR application grant letter received today.
This was our first attempt.

Series of events as follows:
1. PR application filed on 21st July 2020
2. Updated the promotion and salary raise via email in Jan 2021
3. Document submission button disappeared on 3rd June 2021
4. PR approval date on the IPA letter 8th June 2021
5. Letter received on 10th June 2021.
6. Online status still shows pending.

thank you everyone for sharing their experiences and information, this forum really helped.
All the best. Keep trying.

kjose88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by kjose88 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 8:59 pm

Bobby101 wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 6:01 pm
Hi everyone,
I am pleased to inform you all that our PR application grant letter received today.
This was our first attempt.

Series of events as follows:
1. PR application filed on 21st July 2020
2. Updated the promotion and salary raise via email in Jan 2021
3. Document submission button disappeared on 3rd June 2021
4. PR approval date on the IPA letter 8th June 2021
5. Letter received on 10th June 2021.
6. Online status still shows pending.

thank you everyone for sharing their experiences and information, this forum really helped.
All the best. Keep trying.
If you don't mind, could you please share your profile?

Bobby101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 8:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Bobby101 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:36 pm

My Profile
Race: indian
Nationality:Australian
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Qualification: PhD in material science from Australian University, Masters from UK, Btech from India
Work: Lead Materials Engineer
Length of Stay in SG: 2.4 yrs
Been working in the current company
Pass: EPass
Salary: 140 K +
Marital Status: Married. 2 kids. Daughter 8 yr n Son 4 yrs
Spouse: working as English teacher

kjose88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by kjose88 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:55 pm

Bobby101 wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:36 pm
My Profile
Race: indian
Nationality:Australian
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Qualification: PhD in material science from Australian University, Masters from UK, Btech from India
Work: Lead Materials Engineer
Length of Stay in SG: 2.4 yrs
Been working in the current company
Pass: EPass
Salary: 140 K +
Marital Status: Married. 2 kids. Daughter 8 yr n Son 4 yrs
Spouse: working as English teacher
Thanks for the info, congratulations btw! Getting it within 2.5 years is really amazing.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3376
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 8:19 am

kjose88 wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:55 pm
Bobby101 wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:36 pm
My Profile
Race: indian
Nationality:Australian
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Qualification: PhD in material science from Australian University, Masters from UK, Btech from India
Work: Lead Materials Engineer
Length of Stay in SG: 2.4 yrs
Been working in the current company
Pass: EPass
Salary: 140 K +
Marital Status: Married. 2 kids. Daughter 8 yr n Son 4 yrs
Spouse: working as English teacher
Thanks for the info, congratulations btw! Getting it within 2.5 years is really amazing.
His qualification would have made the difference

User avatar
shobanaragavan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 9:39 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by shobanaragavan » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:15 am

Hi,

My submit button disappeared on 27th May. still didnt get any outcome. Anyone in same state or any inputs
Shobana O:)

sonnabend
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 1:45 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sonnabend » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:08 am

shobanaragavan wrote:
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:15 am
Hi,

My submit button disappeared on 27th May. still didnt get any outcome. Anyone in same state or any inputs
I don't think the button disappearance means anything. My button disappeared 4 weeks ago on the 17th May, and I still haven't received any outcome as of today.

I saw another member posted that his button disappeared on late March and in mid-May he posted saying that he hasn't received any outcome.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests