PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 23 Apr 2021 11:27 pm

MaxM wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 9:20 pm
Age: 24
Race: Chinese
Nationality: PRC
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: Bachelor in CS from NUS
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Length of stay: 17 years+ (came since Primary 1->express->jc->uni->work)
Job: Software Engineer
Annual Salary: 72k+
Total Work Experience: 2 years
Current pass: EP

Currently serving 3 year tuition grant bond, PR was rejected twice previously in secondary school and JC.

What are my chances if I apply for PR now? Planning to apply under Professional/Technical scheme (PTS).
Work for 1 more year and then apply.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39244
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 7
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 7:17 pm

^^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

silentreader
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 9:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by silentreader » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:29 pm

-
Last edited by silentreader on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SZM78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 4:42 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by SZM78 » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:12 pm

Hi Slient trader,

Just want to check salary increment because my PR application submitted on May 2020 still waiting and i got salary increment of 100$ ly .
Do i need to update ICA for small salary increment also?

Please advise on this. Thank you

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:46 pm

SZM78 wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:12 pm
Hi Slient trader,

Just want to check salary increment because my PR application submitted on May 2020 still waiting and i got salary increment of 100$ ly .
Do i need to update ICA for small salary increment also?

Please advise on this. Thank you
I think will not make a big difference

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:48 pm

silentreader wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:29 pm
Hi all, just wanted to contribute back as I've been a silent reader on some of the posts since I submitted the PR application in 2020. Thought some of the comments were interesting and the feedbacks given by the moderators were quite constructive.

Profile: Male, 27, Malaysian Chinese, have been in Singapore since March 2019, EP holder, changed job once after three months, been with the same employer since August 2019, annual income of S$77k.
I would say - your profile + 2 years of working in SG -> Will easily get PR

SZM78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 4:42 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by SZM78 » Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:46 pm
SZM78 wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:12 pm
Hi Slient trader,

Just want to check salary increment because my PR application submitted on May 2020 still waiting and i got salary increment of 100$ ly .
Do i need to update ICA for small salary increment also?

Please advise on this. Thank you
I think will not make a big difference
Do i need to update or not ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39244
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 7
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 3:00 am

COL increase not an issue. No need. Now if you got a 20~25% salary increase, for sure notify them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

simple_guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 6:23 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by simple_guy » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 7:51 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:48 pm
silentreader wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:29 pm
Hi all, just wanted to contribute back as I've been a silent reader on some of the posts since I submitted the PR application in 2020. Thought some of the comments were interesting and the feedbacks given by the moderators were quite constructive.

Profile: Male, 27, Malaysian Chinese, have been in Singapore since March 2019, EP holder, changed job once after three months, been with the same employer since August 2019, annual income of S$77k.
I would say - your profile + 2 years of working in SG -> Will easily get PR
@/SF, but when he applied he completed just 1 year in SG. It's common advise here to wait for 2 years before applying?

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 8:39 am

simple_guy wrote:
Sun, 25 Apr 2021 7:51 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:48 pm
silentreader wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:29 pm
Hi all, just wanted to contribute back as I've been a silent reader on some of the posts since I submitted the PR application in 2020. Thought some of the comments were interesting and the feedbacks given by the moderators were quite constructive.

Profile: Male, 27, Malaysian Chinese, have been in Singapore since March 2019, EP holder, changed job once after three months, been with the same employer since August 2019, annual income of S$77k.
I would say - your profile + 2 years of working in SG -> Will easily get PR
@/SF, but when he applied he completed just 1 year in SG. It's common advise here to wait for 2 years before applying?
Malaysian Chinese profile.

A degree and a decent job.

He can be a citizen in 2 years if he chooses to.

(Though quite a lot of msians I know personally are apprehensive and takes a lot of coaxing, common reasons are that they have family inheritance back home etc etc)

He checks the boxes of what the gahmen wants.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:35 am

simple_guy wrote:
Sun, 25 Apr 2021 7:51 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:48 pm
silentreader wrote:
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:29 pm
Hi all, just wanted to contribute back as I've been a silent reader on some of the posts since I submitted the PR application in 2020. Thought some of the comments were interesting and the feedbacks given by the moderators were quite constructive.

Profile: Male, 27, Malaysian Chinese, have been in Singapore since March 2019, EP holder, changed job once after three months, been with the same employer since August 2019, annual income of S$77k.
I would say - your profile + 2 years of working in SG -> Will easily get PR
@/SF, but when he applied he completed just 1 year in SG. It's common advise here to wait for 2 years before applying?
Ill agree with what observer said. For certain applicants, it is more easier. For others minimum of 2-3 years work in SG is needed

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39244
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 7
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 2:01 pm

I also concur.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MaxM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 9:07 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by MaxM » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 11:27 pm
MaxM wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 9:20 pm
Age: 24
Race: Chinese
Nationality: PRC
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: Bachelor in CS from NUS
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Length of stay: 17 years+ (came since Primary 1->express->jc->uni->work)
Job: Software Engineer
Annual Salary: 72k+
Total Work Experience: 2 years
Current pass: EP

Currently serving 3 year tuition grant bond, PR was rejected twice previously in secondary school and JC.

What are my chances if I apply for PR now? Planning to apply under Professional/Technical scheme (PTS).
Work for 1 more year and then apply.
Hi what are my chances like after i work for one more year? Does being a citizen of a non-ASEAN country affect my chances of PR?

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:27 pm

MaxM wrote:
Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:06 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 11:27 pm
MaxM wrote:
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 9:20 pm
Age: 24
Race: Chinese
Nationality: PRC
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: Bachelor in CS from NUS
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Length of stay: 17 years+ (came since Primary 1->express->jc->uni->work)
Job: Software Engineer
Annual Salary: 72k+
Total Work Experience: 2 years
Current pass: EP

Currently serving 3 year tuition grant bond, PR was rejected twice previously in secondary school and JC.

What are my chances if I apply for PR now? Planning to apply under Professional/Technical scheme (PTS).
Work for 1 more year and then apply.
Hi what are my chances like after i work for one more year? Does being a citizen of a non-ASEAN country affect my chances of PR?
What are you smoking? Your chances are better than a filipino

e.lim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by e.lim » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:57 am

Hi, may I know my chance for my PR approval?

Age : 28
Gender : Male
Race : Chinese
Nationality : Indonesian
Status : Single
Latest Education : Master Degree from NUS (2016)
Working in Singapore & Length of stay in SG: 1 year and 6 months, since late 2019 (one employer only)
Total Working Experience : 4 years
Job: Urban Planner / Designer
Annual Salary: 51k+
Current Pass : EPass

Thank you.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests