Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 3:59 pm

Congratulations! And thank you for posting this information, re: your proofing of your Chinese ancestry.

grantyl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 2:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by grantyl » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 2:51 am

Hi everyone, was wondering what are my PR chances, applied last year in Aug 2020.

Age : 29
Race : PH Chinese
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Catholic
Education : Bachelors of Legal Mgt, top 3 University in PH
Current Field of Work : Legal Consultant (Law)
Length of stay : 3.5 years
No of tax return : 3
Salary : 150k
Pass : EP

Thanks in advance!

SMD234
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 11:58 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by SMD234 » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:34 am

Hi,

I have applied PR under family tie scheme with my Singaporean spouse sponsor on May 2020 still now my status is pending. Can anyone help can I write email or call to ICA to check the status? Can I apply LTVP while waiting for PR status? Is it good to apply LTVP?

Currently in SPass (2.5 years already as Pass holder)

Please advise me anyone.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:32 pm

SMD234 wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:34 am
Hi,

I have applied PR under family tie scheme with my Singaporean spouse sponsor on May 2020 still now my status is pending. Can anyone help can I write email or call to ICA to check the status? Can I apply LTVP while waiting for PR status? Is it good to apply LTVP?

Currently in SPass (2.5 years already as Pass holder)

Please advise me anyone.

Thanks in advance.
How long are you married? Where are you from originally?

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by therat » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:32 pm
SMD234 wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:34 am
Hi,

I have applied PR under family tie scheme with my Singaporean spouse sponsor on May 2020 still now my status is pending. Can anyone help can I write email or call to ICA to check the status? Can I apply LTVP while waiting for PR status? Is it good to apply LTVP?

Currently in SPass (2.5 years already as Pass holder)

Please advise me anyone.

Thanks in advance.
How long are you married? Where are you from originally?
SF, he post on Nov 2020 and you have replied him.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=134139&p=834873#p834873

Summaries
March 2020 - Married
May 2020 - Apply PR

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:52 pm

therat wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:36 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 1:32 pm
SMD234 wrote:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:34 am
Hi,

I have applied PR under family tie scheme with my Singaporean spouse sponsor on May 2020 still now my status is pending. Can anyone help can I write email or call to ICA to check the status? Can I apply LTVP while waiting for PR status? Is it good to apply LTVP?

Currently in SPass (2.5 years already as Pass holder)

Please advise me anyone.

Thanks in advance.
How long are you married? Where are you from originally?
SF, he post on Nov 2020 and you have replied him.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=134139&p=834873#p834873

Summaries
March 2020 - Married
May 2020 - Apply PR
Too early for PR then

Jacie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 6:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Jacie » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 4:01 pm

YunaV02 wrote:
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 10:49 pm
Jacie wrote:
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 3:24 pm
YunaV02 wrote:
Mon, 08 Feb 2021 12:22 am
Hello all,
My PR application has been pending for 15months now, applied in nov 2019, would like to seek advices here whether i should email ICA to follow up on the application status?

Thanks a lot!

Background
Malaysian Chinese Female, single, 29ys old, bachelor degree, EP holder, stays in sg for 4yrs++, currently working as senior engineer in semicon MNC for 3yrs++ , had updated ICA about my promotion in July’ 20 and passport renewal in Oct’20.
Hi YunaV02

Have you received any news about your PR application? I have also waited since Jul 2019, till now still no updates yet. :(
Hello Jacie, still no news yet. :(
Hi YunaV02

Same! Let's pray hard! Hopefully can get it! Don't know what is the issue on pending for so long. Mine pending longer than yours.

WoShiDavid95
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 8:28 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by WoShiDavid95 » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:47 am

FortunateMe wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 2:34 pm
Hi, ive been following this forum and it has so far been providing me with a lot of information.
Its time for me to give back to the community here.

Profile:
Age: 29
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Salary: 4800/month
Occupation: salaried financial advisor
Length of stay in sg: Approximately 18-19 years(primary school to university and work now)

Pr Application Timeline:
1st PR application on 2016 - Rejected after 3 month, pay 2400/month SPASS

2nd PR application - 28 Jan 2020 - Approved, pay 4800/month EPASS
28 Jan 2021: Received email from ICA to proof that my race is chinese, provided parents birth certificate
3rd Feb: Submitted the required document and email the ICA to notify them.
10 Feb 2021: Discovered that the submit additional document missing from MyICA
20 Feb 2021: MyIca status change to approve with the approval date as 18 Feb 2021

Hope this helps and good luck to those who are applying PR. Cheers.
Were the birth certificates of your parents submitted to ICA translated to English?

kelvin4848
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 9:05 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by kelvin4848 » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 5:59 pm

Can anyone tell me what are my wife's chances if getting pr if i sponsor her? This will be our 1st application.
Abt me : singaporean chinese male
Age : 33
Job : full time ns man (2sgt)
Pay : 40k/annum gross
Married : 2016
Children : 2 SC kids aged 3 & 4
Abt wife : malaysian chinese
Age : 34
Duration of stay in sg : 11 yrs
Current pass : LTVP+ (renewed twice)
Job : working part time job as she has to care for kids
Pay : 15k/annum

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 6:23 pm

Shoe-in.

kelvin4848
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 9:05 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by kelvin4848 » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 6:46 pm

My wife has always hesitated to apply because she lamented that our salaries are not high and also the fact that she was once a work permit holder. She said no point even trying as it will not get aporoved. But i really hope she has a chance.

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:26 pm

Even if she’s a house wife, I think she’d get it.
Reason: she’s applying under your sponsorship.

And she’s been married to you long enough, ie beyond 2 years.

And she’s done her national service of procreating.

Most importantly, there’s ample quotas for her.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 9:50 pm

Okay, I might have to change my earlier prognosis.

Did you apply apply to the MOM to get permission to marry a former WP holder? If you did, then no problem. However, if you didn't, your wife is probably 100% correct. You may well be disappointed.

I know, I'm still taking care of a grand-niece who is the offspring of my Nephew (SGC) and a Filipino wife (who was formerly on a WP but married without getting permission from the MOM 14 years ago). ICA gave her a 1 year LTVP to let the baby be born in Singapore to a Singapore father, thus gaining a future baby oven or NS Man, but when that year was up, they refused to renew the LTVP and sent her packing back to the 'peens where she's been ever since. I've been taking care of the baby since she was 1 year old. She's in Sec 2 now. I hope you did get permission from the MOM.

renon06
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 3:48 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by renon06 » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 4:16 pm

hi, thank you!
Last edited by renon06 on Fri, 26 Feb 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3176
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 5:17 pm

renon06 wrote:
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 4:16 pm
Hello Good Folks!

I have applied for PR in Aug 2020 with my wife as the main applicant. It is still under review.
We applied in 2019 as well, where I was the main applicant, and the application was rejected in exactly 6 months.

Could you please help to assess our chances?

Both EP holders since day one in SG

Wife's profile:
Age: 33
Race: Korean
Job/Industry: Account Manager (JP and KR markets) in Digital Marketing
Salary: 90K+
Length of stay in SG: 5 years
Total work ex: 5 years
Education: Masters in Anthropolgy from a top school in London

My profile:
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Job/Industry: Senior Software Engineer/Hedge Fund
Salary: 200K+Bonus
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Total work ex: 10 years
Education: Masters in Computer Science from India

We married in SG 4 years ago at ROM.

Thank you for your inputs!
Cheers!
if no quota issues, you may get it. keep hopes low for now.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Okt and 9 guests