Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:07 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:55 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:45 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:16 am
Happy new year everyone.
Wanna assess my chances of getting a PR this year.

Nationality : INdian
Age : 42
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Applied for : Myself
Education : Diploma
Occuupation : Director in a company in construction sector
have worked in the same company for more than 14 years
Salary : 169K + Commission
Length of stay in Singapore : 7 years
Applied : Applied Twice and rejected in 2015 and 2017.
Applied third time in December 2019

Thank you..
age, ethnicity may be an issue

Thank you for your response. Yes I am worried about the age factor. Will it help if I would have applied together with my Malaysian Chinese gf that is a PR? I don't know if there is something like common law partner in Singapore ?
i dont think common law partner will work for india and malaysia.

truthhurts1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:06 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by truthhurts1 » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:14 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:07 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:55 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:45 am


age, ethnicity may be an issue

Thank you for your response. Yes I am worried about the age factor. Will it help if I would have applied together with my Malaysian Chinese gf that is a PR? I don't know if there is something like common law partner in Singapore ?
i dont think common law partner will work for india and malaysia.
Thank you and well noted..

Thunder2021
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Thunder2021 » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:23 pm

Hello everyone happy new year!
I want to apply PR again this year and want to know the chance of approval.

My background
- Age: 28
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Chinese
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Single
- Education:
Bachelor of Engineering: Chinese 985, 211 category university
Master of Engineering: NTU
- Industry: Established International E-commerce
- Position: Software Engineer
- Job Experience: 3+ years since May, 2017
- Annual remuneration: 60k
- Month basic salary 4.5k
- EP Pass holder
- Live in Singapore: from 2015
- Application history: rejected 2 times
Notes:
Finished the 3 years Service Obligation Bond for the tuition grant in the Master study.
I've changed jobs after each rejection and the salary is increased each time.

Thank you for your time to review my humble profile.
Last edited by Thunder2021 on Sun, 17 Jan 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:24 pm

Thunder2021 wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:23 pm
Hello everyone happy new year!
I want to apply PR again this year and want to know the chance of approval.

My background
- Age: 28
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Chinese
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Single
- Education:
Bachelor of Engineering: Chinese university
Master of Engineering: NTU
- Industry: Established International E-commerce
- Position: Software Engineer
- Job Experience: 3+ years since May, 2017
- Annual remuneration: 60k
- Month basic salary 4.5k
- EP Pass holder
- Live in Singapore: from 2015
- Application history: rejected 2 times
Notes:
Finished the 3 years Service Obligation Bond for the tuition grant in the Master study.
I've changed jobs after each rejection and the salary is increased each time.

Thank you for your time to review my humble profile.
Try again and see. but you must be prepared for rejection also.

jeremypenguins
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:39 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by jeremypenguins » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:19 pm

Hello everyone,

My local friends encouraged me to apply for PR, saying that I have a decent shot given that the government would want to retain talent in AI field, and that I also studied here, and may continue further education here. But after reading around and looking at posts here, I think the chances are slimmer than they appear to be. What would my chances be?

My background
- Age: 22
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Vietnam
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Single
- Education: NUS Computing (Computer Science)
- Industry: Tech Industry (AI / Machine Learning)
- Position: Data Scientist/ ML Engineer
- Job Experience: Fresh Grad, worked <1 year
- EP Pass holder
- Salary: 6k/month
- Lived in Singapore: from 2016
- I've got 3 years of Service Obligation Bond on Tuition Grant Scheme

I have a few other questions if you can help answer based on what you've seen:
- Would the company I work for the matter? I.e Google, Facebook, etc?
- If low chance, what are the main reasons? and when should I apply?
----- After how many years of working in SG?
----- Salary too low? What's a good range?
- If I'm considering doing a local Ph.D. in 2 years time, will that lessen my chances if I apply when I'm in the PhD program, given that during that time I'm not earning a decent income, and might not do so, during the 4-5 years I'm in the program. I know after the Ph.D., it is very likely to get it on the first try, based on people I know working at my company.
- If I give it a shot anyway and get rejected, will it hurt or strengthen my future apps.

Personally one of the main reasons why I would want to pursue a PR is the security it gives me if I were to found a startup/ take a break from my Ph.D. program and work on side projects.

Sony7426
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:58 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Sony7426 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:47 am

I would like to have your opinion for the PR chances for me and my family.
I have applied on March 2020 and status is pending.

Applied with wife + 1 Daughter + 1 Son who are on DP.

1st applied in Feb 2015 - Rejected
2nd applied in Dec 2016 - Rejected
3rd applied in Mar 2020 - Pending status

Below are the details.

Main applicant : Male, Indian
Age : 38 yrs
Working as IT Manager in Healthcare company
Pass : EP
Salary: 96k per annum, 114k including bonus
Working in SG : last 10 yrs
Tax paid : last 10 yrs

Thank you.

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 9:49 am

Sony7426 wrote:I would like to have your opinion for the PR chances for me and my family.
I have applied on March 2020 and status is pending.

Applied with wife + 1 Daughter + 1 Son who are on DP.

1st applied in Feb 2015 - Rejected
2nd applied in Dec 2016 - Rejected
3rd applied in Mar 2020 - Pending status

Below are the details.

Main applicant : Male, Indian
Age : 38 yrs
Working as IT Manager in Healthcare company
Pass : EP
Salary: 96k per annum, 114k including bonus
Working in SG : last 10 yrs
Tax paid : last 10 yrs

Thank you.
Lets hope for the best, keep us posted.

iamsdcda1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:20 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by iamsdcda1 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:27 pm

Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer in Local Telecom Company
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:54 pm

iamsdcda1 wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:27 pm
Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer in Local Telecom Company
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore
What is the main applicant salary excluding bonus?

Have you applied before?

Were your kids born in SG?

You may try. But please keep your hopes little low.

Thunder2021
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Thunder2021 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 1:28 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:24 pm
Thunder2021 wrote:
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:23 pm
Hello everyone happy new year!
I want to apply PR again this year and want to know the chance of approval.

My background
- Age: 28
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Chinese
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Single
- Education:
Bachelor of Engineering: Chinese university
Master of Engineering: NTU
- Industry: Established International E-commerce
- Position: Software Engineer
- Job Experience: 3+ years since May, 2017
- Annual remuneration: 60k
- Month basic salary 4.5k
- EP Pass holder
- Live in Singapore: from 2015
- Application history: rejected 2 times
Notes:
Finished the 3 years Service Obligation Bond for the tuition grant in the Master study.
I've changed jobs after each rejection and the salary is increased each time.

Thank you for your time to review my humble profile.
Try again and see. but you must be prepared for rejection also.
Thank you for your reply. I don't think I have other ways to improve approval possibility other than increase income.

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 5:18 pm

iamsdcda1 wrote:Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer in Local Telecom Company
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore
Main applicant year of degree completion at NUS? Is it a new application or Have you applied PR earlier? If yes, when did you apply and when was rejected?

iamsdcda1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:20 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by iamsdcda1 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:54 pm
iamsdcda1 wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:27 pm
Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer in Local Telecom Company
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore
What is the main applicant salary excluding bonus?

Have you applied before?

Were your kids born in SG?

You may try. But please keep your hopes little low.

Main Applicant basic salary : $100k

I last applied in 2018 Jan and got rejected in 2018 April. This was my first time

My first kid born in India and 2nd one born here

I have applied now. Pending for 6 months

My basic salary is $100k and working for Singtel. Does the company profile help?

I am a regular blood donor for Singapore Red Cross too
Last edited by iamsdcda1 on Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamsdcda1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:20 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by iamsdcda1 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:09 pm

DreamDream wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 5:18 pm
iamsdcda1 wrote:Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore
Main applicant year of degree completion at NUS? Is it a new application or Have you applied PR earlier? If yes, when did you apply and when was rejected?
Main Applicant degree completion in NUS in 2012. Part time

I applied PR in 2018 and got rejected.

Now applied 2nd time and pending for 6 months.

My basic salary is $100k. Does the company profile help?

I am a regular blood donor for Singapore Red Cross too.
Last edited by iamsdcda1 on Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iuga11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:15 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by iuga11 » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:34 pm

Hi all, I wanted to know your thoughts on two things -- PR Chances and recommended application route:

My background
- Age: 32
- Nationality: Filipino
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in University of the Philippines
- Industry: Internet/ SAAS
- Job: Sales Manager
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 6 years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 6 years in Singapore

I married my Singaporean husband after 4 years of dating, and we've been married for 1 year since. His profile:
- Age: 33
- Race: Chinese
- Education: Degree from NTU
- Industry: Finance
- Job: VP for Digital Banking
- Annual remuneration: $160k including bonus

Should I apply under my EP or thru his as a SC? Thanks for your input!

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 7:45 pm

iamsdcda1 wrote:
DreamDream wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 5:18 pm
iamsdcda1 wrote:Please advise my chance of PR approval
@singaporeflyer

My background
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- DPs: My Son(5 years), Daughter(2.5 years) on DP
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Company: Software Engineer in Local Telecom Company
- Job Experience: 10 Years
- Annual remuneration: $120k including bonus
- EP Pass holder for 10 years
- Paid 10 years of income tax

My wife's background:
- Age: 32
- Race: Indian
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: Master's degree from National University of Singapore
- Industry: Information Technology
- Job: Software Engineer
- Annual remuneration: $90k including bonus
- Job Experience: 7 Years
- Paid 5 years of income tax
- 10 years in Singapore
Main applicant year of degree completion at NUS? Is it a new application or Have you applied PR earlier? If yes, when did you apply and when was rejected?
Main Applicant degree completion in NUS in 2012. Part time

I applied PR in 2018 and got rejected.

Now applied 2nd time and pending for 6 months.

My basic salary is $100k and working for Singtel. Does the company profile help?

I am a regular blood donor for Singapore Red Cross too.
Fingers crossed, but probably possible with slim chance. Lets hope for the best.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests